“Excellent Sunday Lunch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bradwell
The Shoulder of Mutton
Ranked #2 of 6 Bradwell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Whilst driving through the High Peak we called on spec and found this hotel an excellent dropping of point for lunch. Very friendly service and we were made welcome and comfortable in the large dining room. Good choice on menu, drinks quickly served and the meals tasty and well cooked. Will call again when up this way

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we enquired Lynne and her team made such an effort to be welcoming, accommodating and friendly.

The room was spacious and bright and the beds cosy and warm, drinks and food were generously portioned and reasonably priced in the bar downstairs! It was everything we needed and more and felt like home within minutes of arrival.

I can't say enough good things about The Shoulder of Mutton, how this is the third best inn in Bradwell is beyond me! I'd recommend it every single time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Backpacking around the Peak District in the rain,sleet,hail,wind etc, I found myself coming into Bradwell on Sat 25 Jan There'll be cafe here, I said to myself. No such luck - even the public toilets were locked (Parish Council please note)
However there were lights on in the S of M. What a welcome - bring your pack and boots in please. Great food (cheese sandwiches turned out to be a plateful), well-served beer at an almost unbelievable price, and a barmaid who took a real interest in my custom - naturally she tried not to give the impression that she knew I was completely mad - even gave me the second price at half price! Turned out she is part of the family who are working hard to make a success of the pub. I really hope it works for them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I were out hiking around the area and decided to stop in at the Shoulder Of Mutton for some lunch. We got an nice friendly welcome from the barmaid and ordered some food.

It was excellent and served in generous proportions. My wife had the Lasagne which was lovely and I had a Large slab of home made cheese and onion pie which was fantastic. Both plates were topped up with more chips than we could eat. From what I saw of the Sunday roasts that were being delivered to other customers they looked very good as well.

I ordered a side of onion rings and it's the first time in a long time of eating out that I couldn't count how many were in the bowl without a cursory glance. No scrimping on the food here at all!

This is a good friendly pub doing good simple pub food at a decent price without trying anything fancy. It does exactly what it says in the tin and I would certainly recommend it. The only problem we had was that we had another 6 miles to walk afterwards and I was utterly stuffed! :o)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I, plus dog stayed for 3 nights. We had a very warm welcome from Lynne and her staff. The room was excellent, very comfortable, clean and spacious. The food was very good and we were able to take our dog into the dining area with us. We had drinks in the bar in the evening which was very relaxing after being out and about all day. Thanks to Lynne and her staff, hope to see you again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed staying here last month, we first saw the place on trip advisor and then by chance met some people who had stayed and said it was first class.
Very clean and staff so helpful, nice to be able to have an evening meal without going out to find one.
The food was excellent.
Totally recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Bank holiday weekend stay was excellent, our family of 8, 3 generations, had a most enjoyable weekend. The rooms, all but one taken up by us, were brilliant with their king size beds and lovely spacious bathrooms. Everything was exceptionally clean and comfortable. We enjoyed several drinks in the bar and had a great night of fun at Sunday evening's quiz. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family