“What a great place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bradwell
The Shoulder of Mutton
Ranked #2 of 6 Bradwell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed overnight and were given a comfortable twin room with ensuite. The friendliness and welcome of the staff was exceptional and there is a well stocked bar with very good home cooked food available.

The only issue was the room was a little cold but this was by far outweighed by the welcome and good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My Wife and I booked 2 nights at short notice to attend a dear friends Funeral in the local church. Lynne (the manager) handled our booking very efficiently and was very helpful. On arrival we were met by Friendly staff who were willing to go the "extra mile", this standard was maintained by all we met during our stay.Our En suite room (No 3) was clean ,bright , a very comfortable bed,and extremely good value for £50 a night excluding meals.It had a great little Juliet balcony with table and chairs for 2. Excellent choice on the breakfast menu from a "cuppa" through to a " Full English". We had the steak and ale pie one evening and we both agreed that it was the best we had ever had. Free wi fi was available throughout the Pub.

Thanks to everyone at the "Shoulder of Mutton" we will be back !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed with friends and their 2 Jack Russells for the weekend and found the Shoulder of Mutton to be a lovely, comfortable and very welcoming place to stay. We couldn't have been made more welcome by the team. The rooms were excellent, very clean and comfortable and the evening meals in the pub were good quality and value for money. Between the 4 of us we sampled most of the menu over the 2 nights we were there! The very hearty breakfasts saw us through for the day - give or take a scone or 2! We would not hesitate to stay here again - thankyou!

Room Tip: Room 2 has the worlds biggest bed!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at the Shoulder of Mutton for 2 nights after a family wedding nearby, and I have to say it was first class. The room was so comfortable and clean and the bed very comfortable. The landlady and the other staff were really so welcoming. I would love to return and stay again and my husband very much enjoyed the full english breakfasts on offer. Lovely location too ..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Whilst driving through the High Peak we called on spec and found this hotel an excellent dropping of point for lunch. Very friendly service and we were made welcome and comfortable in the large dining room. Good choice on menu, drinks quickly served and the meals tasty and well cooked. Will call again when up this way

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we enquired Lynne and her team made such an effort to be welcoming, accommodating and friendly.

The room was spacious and bright and the beds cosy and warm, drinks and food were generously portioned and reasonably priced in the bar downstairs! It was everything we needed and more and felt like home within minutes of arrival.

I can't say enough good things about The Shoulder of Mutton, how this is the third best inn in Bradwell is beyond me! I'd recommend it every single time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Backpacking around the Peak District in the rain,sleet,hail,wind etc, I found myself coming into Bradwell on Sat 25 Jan There'll be cafe here, I said to myself. No such luck - even the public toilets were locked (Parish Council please note)
However there were lights on in the S of M. What a welcome - bring your pack and boots in please. Great food (cheese sandwiches turned out to be a plateful), well-served beer at an almost unbelievable price, and a barmaid who took a real interest in my custom - naturally she tried not to give the impression that she knew I was completely mad - even gave me the second price at half price! Turned out she is part of the family who are working hard to make a success of the pub. I really hope it works for them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradwell
George Hotel
Stoney Ridge
Stoney Ridge
#4 of 6 in Bradwell
Spring View Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Shoulder of Mutton? Share your experiences!