All reviewsthe pubquiz nightpeak districtfour nightslovely villagewelcoming place to staywatch the footballmain barregular venuejuliet balconymonday or tuesdaygreat roomtoastone night staylovely hostsspent dayswarm welcome
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Spent three nights here in half term.
Was made so welcome by the staff and locals!
We enjoyed a delicious Sunday roast I would definitely recommend. I would pre book tho as it gets busy
Bedroom was very clean and had a lovely Juliet balcony with beautiful views.
Breakfast was delicious and such a good price!
We’re definitely planning to visit again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Lynne S, Manager at The Shoulder of Mutton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for your comprehensive review. We are always delighted when guests enjoy all elements of their stay and it seems that in this case, we got it right!!

Would love to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We were nearly 20 people, most stopping half way around a walk, and we had a great response to our unannounced arrival at lunch time on a Saturday. Good food, unflappable service in the bar, very friendly. Happy to deal with walkers and dogs. Thanks!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Glad to be of service!! Dogs and walkers always welcome!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I visited the pub to watch the football (Spurs game) on September 30th, during a long weekend in nearby Castleton. I was impressed with the customer service, and at how welcoming the staff were. I was on my own, as my girlfriend didn't want to watch the football, but the staff were very chatty. I didn't eat, but the menu looked good, and there is a small, yet nice looking restaurant; there were 3 ales on + lagers etc. The only constructive feedback I can give is that it was a little cold, but I'm from London! I imagine it's even better when the fire is on. Nice pub.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed on 10/09 for one night. We were after a relaxing night away and it was fabulous!
We joined in the quiz night which was good fun. Excellent hosts and a friendly atmosphere.
The room was superb. Spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable! Also had a small balcony.
We shall be staying again definitely!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Lynne S, Manager at The Shoulder of Mutton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping Team, who were pleased you found everything to be to your satisfaction! We are always delighted when our guests have an enjoyable experience and we hope you will think of us again if you should ever require accommodation in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Decided to do some walking in the peaks. Needed one night stay. Booked this last minute. So glad we did. Lynne was very helpful on the phone and so flexible regarding meals and check in. Was surprised to get room with balcony and a view of the hill we decided to climb the next day. Shower was brilliant. Everything clean. Plenty of tea and coffee and good wifi. Breakfast was optional. Glad we decided to take it as it was delicious with excellent service. Thanks for everything Lynne. Hope to stay again when we're in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and we hope that if you should ever visit the area again, you will come and see us here at The Shoulder.