“100% in top-5 in CPH”

Cuisines: Danish, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Description: Our restaurant, set in one of Copenhagen’s most beautiful royal gardens. It is a curious and stylish cabaret of gourmet experiments, contemporary art and elaborate designs set to create a total experience. Design and art is a fundamental ingredient in the experience and our restaurant features the unique works of some of the most prominent artists and designers Denmark has formed in this decade. A treat for all your senses. “At M&H we are in a constant metamorphosis with nature as the driving force, guided by us. Our passion for Japanese aesthetics and ingredients are undeniable. Our restaurant is hidden in the old garden society in a historical building, delicately and iconically restored. In tune with the best of the seasons, our memories, desires, ​and emotions, these impressions are what the kitchen shares with you on your plate. We’re making advances towards nature.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

After visiting most of the Michelin restaurants in CPH I really do NOT understand why those french guys didnt give this restaurant its star.

Besides Geranium and Kadeau I dont think you will find anything better in Denmark.

The food was beautiful and high-end in all aspects. There was no bad or middle dishes, they where all top top beautiful.

We went for the full menu - borh wine and food and we did not regret that.

Especially the dessert with vanilla ice and beetroots was fantastic and different.

With regards to the wine menu I loved that there was only one bio dynamic wine as I really never seem to understand that. I find it very borring and dissapointing everytime I get it.

You really must go to this place if you want to spend a bit more money for a special dinner with your loved once.

1  Thank JessJensen
There are newer reviews for Mielcke & Hurtigkarl

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Went with the coworkers for Xmas party dinner. Although disappointed in the location they put us in, the dinner is undeniably good and innovative. Very patient and nice service as well. If I could afford it I'd love to go back.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

saurday night in copenhagen and off in a bus with the gang from dentate where we were spoiled by the excellent team at this restaurant

The room is beautiful, the food gorgeous - calamari, duck, game and venison cooked to perfection with some very tasty wines

keep up the good work

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We went to Mielcke & Hurtigkarl for my husband's birthday and had the tasting menu. The meal itself lasted about 3h30 - but everything went very quickly. I lost count of how many courses we had, but every single one tasted superb.

As we weren't drinking that night, the waitress very kindly offered us a "special juices" tasting menu. All the juices were produced by the restaurant with their own produce and we had a total of 6 different drinks. It was great and something we have never had in a restaurant before!

The service was superb. The staff were very attentive and friendly, always keeping an eye to make sure everything was going well.

We had a great time and this was certainly one of the best gastronomical experiences we've ever had.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The meal featured some dishes that got mixed reactions from our crew - namely a red deer tartare that I liked and the others didn't - but overall very high quality. The highlights were the Asian inspired appetizers (Vietnamese pancakes and Peking duck) as well as a delicious dover sole served with lemon salt. Biodynamic wine pairings were unmissable and probably even better than the meal itself. One of our group took the vegetarian option and sometimes we were a bit puzzled as to why she got a different dish (did the apple ice cream have some sneaky meat in it that we didn't know about?)

This kind of thing usually doesn't bother me but I did think the decor was a bit odd, especially with the design reputation that the Danes have. The ceiling featured a Swarovski crystal explosion and the walls had leaves on them that looked like they were stick ons from Bed Bath and Beyond. Still definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank KLJ82