“Impeccable”

Cuisines: Danish, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Description: Frederiks Have is a cozy restaurant situated on a side street to Smallegade at Frederiksberg, a few minutes walk from either Frederiksberg or Fasanvej metro, and bus 9A. We pride ourselves with a relaxed, personal and professional service. The kitchen is classic with a nordic twist, and we serve both a season based menu as well as a la carte. In every sense, handeled with respect.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

In all ways that makes up a great dining experience. We visited a long time ago (2012) but I thought I need to write something since joining TripAdvisor. The ingredients, attention to detail yet heartwarming food matches that of the service, which it seems that a lot of reviewers are picking up on. It was like being at home not a restaurant, tucked away in a quiet area of Frederiksberg!

frederikshave, Ejer at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Zhirayr,
Thank you very much for your rewiev. It was kind of you to think of us, even though you visited long ago. For us it is never too late.....
With gratitude from Eva, Ole and staff

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I have know each other for 30 years and have booked a table at Frederiks Have.

We haven't even reached the door, before the waiter have opened it at welcomed us to the restaurant. The restaurant isn't that big and consist of two connected rooms. But very cosy.

We both have Foie Gras as first course. Very well cooked, 10 seconds less and it would have been raw, 30 seconds more and it would have to much. My wife had monkfish for main course. A very delicious fish, cooked to perfection and plenty of it. I had the deer which was very surprising.

Believe me, I have had a lot of deer, but this deer was cooked perfectly, so tender and still with the right structure. We are very much into italian wine and it was a pleasure to experience the selection of very good wines to an affordable price.

We finished the evening with ordering five kinds of cheese to share. The waiter offered to compose a plate, which were easy to share. Perfectly.

Beside from the fabulous food, I have to highlight the service. I'm not keen with a waiter standing behind me during the whole meal. On the other side I don't want to call for them whenever I want some more wine, bread, etc.

Frederiks Have knows how to do that. Not once did we have to call for the waiter. And I know they have their system, but it nice when you are going to leave and they know exactly which coat belongs to you.

We will for sure be back. The sooner, the better.

frederikshave, Owner at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Asger,
It was a pleasure to have you and your wife as guests. Thank you very much for choosing Frederiks Have for celebrating your day.
And thank you very much for taking your time to write about us.
Believe me, both chefs: Jimmy and Linus and your waiter Anne Mette are very proud of the kind words.
We hope, to welcome you again another time.
With kind regards

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were a family of five traveling together and had an 8:30 reservation. Our daughter and son in law had to go back to the airport to search for her bag, so we didn't know if they would make it. We explained the situation to Eva and she made us some cocktails to tide us over and also interacted with us even though it was a very busy night. At 9:15 we were ready to give up and go ahead and start dinner, when their cab pulled up! Everyone at the restaurant clapped, and we ordered the 4 course dinner with the wine pairing. It was truly one of the finest meals I have ever had. The service was impeccable, and the graciousness of the staff and owners is rare in any city. We even bought some of the artwork displayed in the bathroom! We can't wait to go back, and we agree with Eva, maybe they don't want or need a Michelin star, it may ruin the ambiance. I felt as though good friends had invited me over for a special celebratory meal. Thanks guys, we hope to see you again soon.

frederikshave, Manager at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Carolyn,
Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure having you as guests.
I really hope to see you sometime again in Copenhagen, but so far you have the souvenirs from us, and I hope the Peter Sekjær things have setteled down well in Tennessee.
You should know, that we really appreciate, that you write this review.
Kind regards

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Had dinner on a Friday evening in this charming, unpretentious gourmet restaurant in the heart of Frederiksberg. The atmosphere was warm and cozy, service was kind and attentive, and the food was beautifully presented, extremely well prepared, and tasted fantastic! We opted for the set menu (had called in advance to request a change to the main dish, which they were kind to accommodate). Every dish had been prepared with great attention to detail and respect for the ingredients – the amuse-bouche, the starters of scallops and asparagus, the main dish of veal, the selection of Danish cheese, and the incredible strawberry-based dessert. The wines recommended to us by the owner were excellent – and good value for money. Frederiks Have holds a Bib Gourmand¨, which is well deserved!

Recommended? Absolutely! Will we go back? Definitely – we cannot wait!

frederikshave, Owner at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Halgrim,
On behalf of all the staff and us (Eva and Ole), we would like to thank you for these words.
It is a great pleasure for us, that we have been able to give you a good experience.
We certainly hope to see you again, and we promise to make a supreme effort to live up to the expectations.
With kind regards

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very good food, top service and quiet, outdoor seating- a rare combination!

Tripadvisor: this restaurant seems to come up with wrong location on the map.

frederikshave, Owner at Frederiks Have, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you very much for your time and kind words.
We are very proud to be your favorite.
I find the same problem with our location, I have tried to get it changed, and will keep trying.
Thank you again, and with kind regards