“Tight Fit for Four People”

Hotel CABINN Scandinavia
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Frederiksberg
Reviewed 29 June 2013

While Cabinn Scandinavia does have a full service lobby with very helpful employees, the actual room is quite small and has little ventilation. Without a fan from the front desk, the room would have been very hot. Four people are fit into a space that is the size of a bathroom. The height of the room allows for two high bunk beds. So, if you want to save $80 to $120 on a family room, this may be for you. If you are claustrophobic, skip this.

Room Tip: Get a fan on warm or hot days, as soon as you arrive.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Cabinn is very centrally located, a 15-minute walk from Tivoli gardens and five minutes from the Forum metro station. The room sleeps four, but with luggage two people can just move around comfortably. The bathroom was basically just a wetroom, but it and the bed linens were clean. The lakes just across the street have nice running paths for those so inclined. If you're only in town for a night or two, highly recommend it for a cheap stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

If you need somewhere to sleep then this is a place to sleep nothing more. The rooms are very basic to the point that the bathroom is a wet room which makes showering very difficult for a three bed room.

There is only room for one bag to be open at a time, I would hate to be the person sleeping on the bunk bed.

Breakfast was not fancy but quite adequate.

Location was near a metro line and was a 20 min walk from the centre of town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed in the Cabinn, Copenhagen for two nights in the 2nd week of June. It was a business trip and so i had the room alone. Quite funny, that i was upgraded to a familyroom. It is still about 10 square meter but in the third floor. The room has two layers. First with two single bed, one high bed and a 4th bed at level two. The bath is the real cabin. About 1 sm, but anything you need is there. Including a shower. The room is clean. To the Main Station the walking distance is about 1,5 km. 20 Minutes walking. i will book it again, if i visit Copenhagen again.

Room Tip: The breakfast is not included in the rate for the room. I think the 70 DKR, about 10 EUR is a good d...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I don't think I will ever come back to this hotel. it's slogan is "sleep cheap in luxury", but only the first part is really true...I think the hotel was rebuilt to gain more rooms / one normal sized room was split into two small ones. and that's why the bathrooms are so tiny - you can wash your legs in the shower while sitting on the toilet and right hand can be placed on the sink in the same time - approximately 1.5 sq.m for all these three things...for this I am unsatisfied. plus the receptionist asked for money on the first day and told me to ask for the invoice on my last day when checking out - wth?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I should firstly clarify that I was booked into this hotel by someone else as I was attending a nearby conference. I would never have chosen somewhere like this myself which has big posters outside advertising how cheap it is. They say you get what you pay for but in this case I don't even think it came close to that. I had to spend three nights there and I have never been so pleased to leave a hotel at the end of it.
The rooms are tiny. In fact so tiny that the only way to open a suitcase is to put it on the bed. The furnishings are basic, cheap and quite grubby. The shower room feels barely bigger than a toilet on an aeroplane.
The queue at the reception desk was so long that it took more than half an hour to check in. When I tried to call reception from my room I let the telephone ring for nearly 15 minutes before giving up.
Just as bad was the one breakfast I ate. I was so appalled that I gave up and decided to eat at the conference centre on other days. Breakfast is served in the windowless basement which has unpainted concrete walls and pillars. It felt more like being in some sort of an institution and the food only confirmed my feelings.
Maybe I have been spoilt over the years but the hotels that I regularly stay at are not usually expensive or even mid-level ones. I have stayed at plenty of cheaper hotels that have been very acceptable. Unfortunately this one will remain memorable for all the wrong reasons. If you are a first time visitor to the country and you stay at this hotel, please do not base your impressions of Denmark on it. It is a nice country and there are some nice hotels.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a good room then I suggest you look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim E
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The only thing I can say was it appeared clean. There was no room in the room to even open a suitcase. I ended up very sick with a high fever and the front desk was unable to be helpful. They gave a number to call but since we did not speak the local language we were unable to connect to anyone. There was no air conditioning and although it was early May the room was very hot and stuffy. I checked out early the next day and they refused to refund me for the second night. I checked into a better hotel and they put me in touch with a doctor and I was better that night. I dont usually write reviews but felt strongly about sharing this. This was equal to a youth hostel. Over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frederiksberg
Amager
Amager
Hotel CopenHagen
Hotel CopenHagen
#102 of 118 in Copenhagen

Been to Hotel CABINN Scandinavia? Share your experiences!