I won a trip to Copenhagen but the hotel where we had a free stay was mostly booked by the time my girlfriend and I decided on dates. So we needed another hotel for a couple of nights and during research the Avenue kept popping up with different sweet reviews, so I booked it.
We arrived early on a Saturday morning, intending only to ask to stow our luggage and freshen up in a bathroom if possible, but the warm and friendly front desk staffer said our room was ready (6 hours ahead of check-in!) so we were ecstatic to get it after not sleeping on our overnight flight due to rowdy children all around.
The bed was perfect: firm but not hard, and not one of those atrocious mattresses that folds up around you as you sink into it. The bathroom was clean, well-lit, and the water was hot. The room was not large, but it was all we sought: a clean and comfortable place to sleep.
Things to know that I hadn't seen in reviews that may be useful:
1) The room was a touch warm for sleeping--no AC was not a problem as fresh air is preferred, but we couldn't fully open the window for airflow AND have the blackout curtain down, so a fan would have helped.
2) I had read in reviews to request a room towards the back of the hotel to get away from the street noise (and was happy to have the request granted) BUT ;) early Monday morning trash dumpster pickup was not mentioned--and that was a LOUD wakeup! (Plus very early Sunday someone left the parking lot with a ridiculously loud and clattering engine revving sequence.)
We didn't spend time in the spacious lounge, but wandered through and the sofas and chairs looked very cozy. If it's cold outside I suspect it's a great place to curl up with a book for an hour or two, perhaps with a hot toddy.
Ending on the strongest positive I can muster: GO FOR THE BREAKFAST!!! The most beautiful array of delicious breakfast food I have ever seen in a hotel and it goes on for hours, so whether you sleep in or are an early-bird you have time to dig in. Crepes, homemade bread, croissants, cheese, meat, vegetables, fresh fruit, different yoghurts, granola/muesli, soft boiled brown eggs, endless coffee pots for your table, brew your own personal tea-pots, fruit juices--a stunning and wholesome breakfast. The dining room feels comfortable, as befits a smart boutique hotel, and the rear courtyard patio is a great overflow area on a crisp summer morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Avenue is an up-to-the-minute, welcoming boutique hotel situated in the heart of Copenhagen. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, the modernity of the interior decoration and furnishings combined with the very special personal touch make you feel comfortable and at home. Enjoy the cozy lounge or charming patio or take a ride on one of the popular Avenue bikes. Our friendly team is always there to make your visit a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avenue Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avenue Hotel Copenhagen Frederiksberg