“Good Location, Comfortable Rooms, Friendly Staff”

Avenue Hotel Copenhagen
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Frederiksberg
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We just got back from two nights at Avenue Copenhagen. The property is just outside of the main city center in a fairly residential and quieter area. It is very near the Forum metro stop and only a 10 minute walk into the city so it was super easy to get around.

The rooms were small but clean and very comfortable. The hotel itself has a very smart decor and a great bar/lounge area. Breakfast, which is included, was a great way to start the day.

The staff was helpful with reservations and information on getting around Copenhagen.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caitlin C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Very close to a metro station and university. But be careful, just accross the street is a Middle Eastern "ghetto". I ventured out one night alone to browse and get to know the neighborhood and was not comfortable, as a Western woman.

We loved the lobby and cosy sofas, where we could have a glass of wine and look thru the windows.
Helpful staff at the reception. They gave me a map and pointed out where i could go shopping.

The breakfast is WONDERFUL, especially the bread made at the hotel. Yummy!

Beds are very comfortable and our room had a mini fridge which came in handy. Restaurants are super expensive in Copenhagen, so I bought organic cheeses, bread, yoghurt, salmon etc at a nearby market and had snacks during the day. That way we only had to get dinner outside.

The only complaint I have is the bathroom: does not correspond to the room. It is a bare-minimum cold, hospital-style bathroom. Bring your own shampoo as you will only get hand soap there.

Overall, a decent stay. The bathroom experience ruined otherwise excellent review.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cosmo185
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate my January birthday. It was grey, cold, wet and windy outside but the Avenue was warm and friendly throughout our stay.
Our room was clean and comfortable. There was no traffic noise. Breakfast was plentiful, fresh and really nice. Great coffee! There was a lovely comfy bar area with a gas log effect fire that was almost as good as the real thing. There were cosy sofas to curl up on with books and games. The best thing about the place is the staff, who are,without exception excellent. Friendly, helpful and efficient. All you can eat Chinese restaurant next door. All this and just a short walk from the Metro. What more can you want. We didn't want to leave. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Really nice hotel. Rooms are on the small side (and the bathroom not much bigger than a closet) but as noted elsewhere this is the European style. Heating could be adjusted within the room which was good. It was lovely to sit in the bar by the fire. Staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was amazing, with lots of good healthy food to choose from. One of the best things is the hotel's location; a short work to the metro and many buses pass by.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at the Avenue for one night on a business trip. The location is excellent - Forum and Norreport metro stations are just a short walk from the hotel, there are decent restaurants close by. It can be quite noisy, if your room is facing the street. Other than that, the rooms are spacious, nicely decorated and quite comfortable. Beds and pillows are nice and firm.
The bathroom could use some work. Paint was peeling off here and there, odd sounds were coming from the plumbing.
There is a nice selection of tea available at breakfast. Coffee is good, but nothing special. There could be a wider selection of everything at the buffet.

Room Tip: Not facing the street!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Avenue for a business trip from the 6th-8th November. It appealed to me as it was quite close to both the hospital (where I was visiting) as well as the city centre and included both wifi and breakfast!

I stayed in room 118 which was a premium room, but think I got a good deal as I booked it very last minute. The room was possibly the best hotel room I have stayed in! It had a bedroom, living room and a bathroom with both a bath and shower. It also had not one, but two smart TVs which were perfect for watching films online in the evening. I had no problem with the Internet- it was fast despite me using it at peak time. The room also came with complementary bottles of beer, coke, juice & sparkling water in the fridge which was a lovely touch!

Location wise it is a 15-20 minute walk into the town centre and was located a 5 min walk from the metro which was great for getting there from the airport!

The staff were all lovely! They gave me a map of the city, advice on how to get everywhere and where to eat. What really stood out to me was that when I realised that I had stupidly forgotten a plug adaptor the lovely lady at reception leant me one instead of making me to purchase one from them, which I hugely appreciated!

Breakfast was included and was continental- bread, cheese, pastries, fruit, cereal etc. The bread was home made every day and was lovely!

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I had a lovely stay and honestly don't think that I could have chosen somewhere better to stay! It was by far the best stay I have had in a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Bellatrixx2
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed three nights at Avenue Hotel in Copenhagen in early September and were thrilled with our choice. We had carefully studied all the hotel options in the city with an emphasis on location and price, and had read numerous reviews on Trip Advisor. Avenue Hotel fulfilled all of our expectations. We had a spacious and immaculately clean room in a quiet location at the back of the hotel and found the lobby, lounge, bar area, dining room and outside garden patio to be wonderful. The hotel is not in the heart of the downtown, historic area but we found the location to be a nice walk of about 20 minutes. The metro is very close for those who do not like to walk, but we walked into the historic area for our daytime touring and returned to the hotel in late afternoon for an hour, then walked back into town for dinner. With our strolling, we often detoured a bit through beautiful parks and lakeside promenades. Since we enjoy walking, the hotel location was actually a plus, but with the metro only a five minute walk from the hotel, it and local buses would be available.
It is easy to get from the airport to the hotel by simply taking the metro and getting off at the "Forum" station. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, always answering questions or offering advice with a smile.
The included breakfast was splendid with a wide variety of items from cereals, fruits, yogurts, exceptional breads and rolls, cheeses, meats, and eggs, all served in a beautiful presentation.
We were very happy with our stay at Avenue Hotel and are delighted to give it our highest recommendation. We would definitely return on another visit to beautiful Copenhagen.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet location at the back of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelingkellys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frederiksberg
Indre By (Inner City)
#29 of 118 in Copenhagen
Axel Guldsmeden - Guldsmeden Hotels
Outer Vesterbro
Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen

Been to Avenue Hotel Copenhagen? Share your experiences!