“As Mexican as you could hope for in Denmark”
Review of La Fiesta Mexicana

La Fiesta Mexicana
Reserve with
La Fiesta Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 186 Restaurants in Frederiksberg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Denmark
“As Mexican as you could hope for in Denmark”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My wife and I attended this restaurant as we both had a craving for Mexican food and while the restaurant was nice for Copenhagen if you are looking for truly authentic, spicy Mexican food you will be disappointed some but options in Denmark do seem to be limited so overall I rated this restaurant as average.

The restaurant, like most in the Gammel Kongevej area, has a brisk business so reservations are recommended. The staff is bi-lingual like most of the country so Danish or English is not a problem and the menu is the same so there should be no problems ordering. The venue itself is quite nice and larger than it appears from the outside and can easily seat 50 people and also offers live music. The ambiance is a bit noisy so I wouldn't consider it a romantic setting but if you are looking for a relaxing, uneventful dinner you'll have no problems here.

The menu caters to many tastes, having chicken, beef, pork and some vegetarian options so discriminating pallets should not have a problem eating here. One of the more popular options seems to be "all you can eat tacos" for 180 kroner per person with a minimum of two people required and for Copenhagen prices that is a good value. The restaurant also offers a nice selection of mixed drinks (primarily margaritas) and some beer and wine but keep your expectations in check if you are looking for premium spirits.

To me what impacts the restaurant negatively is the fact that there isn't really any spice or seasoning to the food but in the restaurant's defense that is the Danish culture and they are going for their target market. My beef taco and chicken enchilada was really just meat, sour cream and some vegetables with no real heat to it and my wife's vegetarian burrito was the same. The chips and salsa that came with the meal were also average; the chips had just a flat corn taste and I found the salsa a bit watery versus a thicker makeup which I prefer. If you want any type of spice asking for the optional chili sauce is a must and the restaurant does a good job here--there really is some heat to that and my wife and I were putting spoonful’s on our meal to get some additional flavor to it. You'll find the portion size of the meal generous so very few people should be hungry and while my wife and I did not order desert the sundaes the table next to us got looked appetizing and could be worth ordering. Cost is as you'd expect in Denmark--with a drink you'll spend at least 150 kroner per person but as Copenhagen is an expensive city these prices are not unreasonable.

Overall I rated this restaurant as average simply because of the lack of any real spice or taste--I honestly felt I've made better nachos at home. Everything else was fine and I found the venue clean and the staff friendly so if you prefer mild food or no seasonings whatsoever this could be a good Mexican venue for you. If you've eat at some of the finest "taco trucks" in major cities in North America and hole in the wall restaurants abroad where the food is hot and leaves you wiping your brow and wishing you had a cold beer however you will be somewhat disappointed.

• Visited November 2012

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“We had the taco menu. (all you can eat). They served very little of everything and when you ask for more of something...”
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We had the taco menu. (all you can eat). They served very little of everything and when you ask for more of something, then they give you as little as possible.
A narrow selection of beers and beverages. And not cheap.
Fast food disguised as a restaurant....

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great food, try the fajitas!”
Reviewed 19 October 2008

Great food, try the fajitas!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook