“Poor service”
Review of hotel bridge view

and 1 more site!
hotel bridge view
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batticaloa
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed 2 nights (5&6th March) with 2 colleagues of mine. On the first night, a young waiter took our order and he wrote down everything on his palm. When asked how long would it take to serve food, he said 45 minutes. His English wasn't very good and we weren't sure sure he understood what we ordered. We ordered dinner around 8, but the food was served at 9.30. Alas! my vegetarian friend who order vegetable fried rice got chicken fried rice!

The next day, we came back to the hotel around 6.30pm and my friend ordered tea with milk and I ordered pineapple juice. The waiter assured that it will take only 20 minutes to serve. We waited and waited for almost one hour and then when inquired, we told that they have run out of powdered milk and pineapple and someone went to the Batticaloa town buy them! Not a good place...really disappointing!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lalith W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 January 2014

When two of my friends and I came in here to eat, we waited at least 5 minutes for someone to come to or table. They brought the wrong beer and then the beer glasses smelled rotten, like wet dog. We ordered a few dishes and they were expensive and very small. One of the dishes was practically raw. Who is cooking this stuff?
When we brought this to the managers attention they gave us a hard time. When they brought out the bill, they added a service charge. Service charge???? For what???
They eventually took off the service charge and then we talked to the owner. The owner of the hotel/restaurant totally blew us off and threw our money back at us. He said @we don't want your money!' I guess they have so much business that they don't need mine or anyone I know. Does he know that I have a travel blog with thousands of readers? Then another manager came in and said we were making a big deal because I was a foreigner.
It was the most unprofessional experience I have ever been through. I actually can't believe that this place was THAT BAD. Oh my gosh. Definitely never come to the hotel or restaurant if you like to be treated with respect!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryan r

Travellers are raving about these Batticaloa hotels

Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 29 December 2013

A very disappointed place, moreover recommended by lonely planet guide. We stayed there one night, unfortunately..the morning during breakfast I told to the owner that the omelettes were too spicy (hot) for us (plenty of strong hot pepper) and he answered: "remove it and eat it"!! Even if I'm an open person and I could think to make it, It was simply impossible..the hot pepper was everywere!! So we didn't eat anything at all but the owner' s sons the night before told us the breakfast was included in the room rate, so we thought never mind. But when we went to pay the room the owner said the breakfast was not included in a room rate and we need to paid it!!..unbelieveble!!..I travelled a lot all around the world and never found this kind of treatment..Moreover the blanket were so dirty and so on..so definetely I don't recommend this place..AVOID IT!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gabs1980
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The name of the hotel totally misleads the guest. I visited this place with the Director general og NGO affairs of Bangladesh in June 2007. The place was too far from the road. The food was cooked by amateur cooks & was too oily. The DG /NGO of Bangladesh was on an official visit & was very unhappy as the basics were not up to standard. Instead of reporting the matter, He advised them all how to be more polite, precise & honest. He shifted to another hotel which was by the bridge but not listed here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Harsha P
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

A disappointing place, grounds needed a lot of attention. No matter we stood there was no view,of any bridge. Meals were average, rooms were tiny and in need of a good spruce up, and bathroom needed a thorough clean. We only stayed there one night so we didn't see anything in the area, A/C didn't work, how ever the fan did the staff were all good but difficulty with English language . Don't recommend this place

Room Tip: We we're on the 3rd floor, don't know if the the others were any better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank trishwhite
hotelbridgeview65, Manager at hotel bridge view, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for your review, the management appreciate the feedback & regret that your stay was not a happy one. The staff are a little shy with their English but it is an area that the management are focusing on and for them practice makes perfect.
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Hotel Bridge View has a surprising amount of amenities for being in a small provincial town of Sri Lanka. The rooms were air-conditioned and clean and comfortable. All the staff went out of their way to ensure that guests' needs were well-served. They were quick to respond to any requests. The food was tasty and very cheap.

The hotel is in a residential area a bit out of town. It will require a short taxi ride to go into town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ChristopherMane
Eghezee, Belgium
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The new building looks quite nice with 2 terraces but the rooms are quite miserable. A member of the staff switched on the A/C upon arrival but the air coming out was hotter than the outside temperature. I didn't sleep a wink!
We were on half board. Dinner: only one dish (no starter, no dessert). For breakfast, although I had asked for strong coffee, I got some brownish coloured water and the staff couldn't provide me with 1-2 packets of Nescafe to give it a decent taste. So, no breakfast, not even coffee, one dish for dinner and a sleepless night because of the failing A/C.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ronald B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batticaloa
Anilana Pasikuda
#1 of 23 in Batticaloa
Riviera Resort
Riviera Resort
#1 of 11 in Batticaloa

Been to hotel bridge view? Share your experiences!