“Stupendous”
Review of Hilux Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morogoro
Hilux Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Morogoro B&B and Inns
Houston, Missouri
“Stupendous”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Beautiful service! i recommend anybody & everybody to go there! Everybody was so nice & welcoming, just made me love being there! The food is also delicious!! Extremely impressive

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Zanfleva Z

Solo
Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed here twice this year - once for work by myself, once with my partner and in-laws. My main reason for coming back was the ingenious mosquito net design. It slides out on inverted rails on a frame above the bed.
Aside from that it's not bad, not great. The kind of place where the bathroom taps seem to have been scavenged from elsewhere and the soapholder in the shower tilts towards you so your toiletries fall out: not thought through. No real problems but a bit careworn and cold use some maintenance/paint. On my visit with five jetlagged inlaws there was some fracas with lost bookings and assigning us random 'leftover' rooms - having said that, it gets busy with conferences and if we'd been so inclined we cold have eavesdropped on both the Ministry of Finance and TANAPA who were having conferences there. Some roosters at the neighbours, but Morogoro is generally chilled out and it's on the quiet Old DSM Road side of town so no noise problems.
I wouldn't go out of my way to dine there but when I did, the roast goat with ugali was excellent and the waiters were nice. It was indeed hard to catch their eye, but that may be because of the poor light in the restaurant/bar's niches where you basically sit in the dark.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Devon
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We thought we would have a treat here. To start with we asked for onecoca cola and one water.The waitress brought 2 waters and tutted when we reiterated our initial order. I then I ordered grilled talapia and chips and my friend Spaghetti Bolognaise. We waited ages then the chips were STONE COLD-I know Tzs don't get the idea of hot food but this was abysmal. The waitress brought another meal and I ate the chips and started on the fish--It was grilled to a crisp on one side--no flesh left at all..The waitress passed 3 times and eventualy I had to take the plate over to her. Unfortunately she was just starting to eat her evening meal behind the serving area so I caused a bit of inconvenience, A waiter offered me filleted fish but no apology. I then went back to my seat. Someone else came through and said I had eaten half of the fish--I explained it had been over cooked, not eaten. He asked how he expected me to present this dish to the manager and give and explanation. I suggested that I just pay for the chips and sodas and leave. He then offered fish fillet. I accepted, When we left, the atmosphere was decidely cool--most unlike Tanzanian hospitality. We ate at the Coco Beach for the rest of our stay-Most satisfactory..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank maturecoupleDevon

Travellers are raving about these Morogoro hotels