“Awesome”

Bastion Hotel Almere
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Almere
Reviewed 1 September 2013

One of the best hotels we have experienced in Europe! Friendly staff, great room with ice cold air condition!l
Little far from city center, but very easy to get there if you have a car. Drive to the arena, park there for 8 euro for the whole day, then take the metro which is free when you park. Metro leaves you right at central station!
Room was very clean. Definitely recommend it!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Almere, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

I hope to meet you again in one of the hotels from the Bastion Hotel Groep.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is an exceptionally good hotel with friendly staff if you have a car.

The only downside is it is away from just about everything apart from the Chinese restaurant on the car park and a garage the other side of the road.

However if you have a car it is great with spacious comfy rooms, a lovely bar area and tasty food in the restaurant.

Also the speed with which you can get anywhere with the A6 to hand is brilliant

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DerehamDad
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Almere, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again in one of our hotels.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel with some friends in May 2013, we were over in Holland to watch Chelsea in the Europa league final.
The hotel was great, albeit a bit out of the way if you are attending a sporting event or want to visit Amsterdam central, that said the staff were all helpful and advised us of the best and cheapest ways of getting into central Amsterdam, bus stops right outside hotel, whatever you do please do not take a taxi 60 euros !!!!!.
All the staff were brilliant and friendly, as I say very helpful, we did not eat here, so I cannot comment on the food, the bar is adequate for a few beers (especially if your team have won a european trophy).
Rooms were comfy and did the desired job.
All in all I would not say it was a deluxe hotel, but deluxe in English may be different to Dutch, a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 23 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank BerendW
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night hop. Booked as cheaper alternative to the hotels near Schipol airport. 45 mins drive away from the airport so within reach. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.. Free parking and Internet helps. Lack of food options don't. But there should be restaurants nearby if you can search around.. clean decent sized rooms..

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Gansbab
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Almere, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Almere.

Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't call this hotel deluxe but rather just a normal hotel. It was clean, the staff was friendly and they do serve breakfast and dinner. The location was ok for my purpose. There is a fridge available for use in the room. A gas station is across the street and a sushi restaurant across the parking lot.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank VioletMN
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Almere, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Almere..

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed at this place in one of my trips to Almere. The overall experience was good, but nothing special about this place. The hotel was large, but old and located away from the city centre. Couldn't find any restaurants nearby, and the food I had at the restaurant in the hotel was terrible - ordered pasta to be on the safe side, but got a plate of spaghetti that was uncooked-inside. Rooms were okay, but could do with some cleaning up or new paint..

The place is near the highway and office complexes, so was easier to commute to the office and back. There's a bus stop in the front and frequent connection to the city center.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Almere, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Maik Willems

Also consider these accommodations in or near Almere
Apollo Hotel Almere City Centre
NH Naarden
#1 of 2 in Naarden
Bastion Hotel Bussum Hilversum
Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Nautisch Kwartier

Been to Bastion Hotel Almere? Share your experiences!