“The best Thai restaurant around”
Review of De Orchidee

De Orchidee
Ranked #36 of 137 Restaurants in Almere
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dit restaurant heette eerder 'Vanas'. Het is overgenomen door een aantal personeelsleden en 'De Orchidee' gedoopt.
“The best Thai restaurant around”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

It's a pity that this restaurant/take away is so well hidden in the center of Almere Haven, away from all the other restaurants, which makes me forget this place too often. So basically it's never really crowded and the food comes pretty quickly.

The waiters are always very friendly, though sometimes too young, and sometimes they don't really understand you all that well. But all that isn't really surprising for an oriental restaurant is it?

At the back of the restaurant you'll find the take-away entree. From there you can look into the kitchen, since I've been watching the cooking a few times, I know everything is freshly cooked with love and discipline. You can easily taste the fresh ingredients, the tastes are deep and well balanced. Really really nice.

It's not the cheapest Thai restaurant I've visited, but I feel it is the best in the whole wide area, so well worth spending your money on. I am familiar with the prices of fresh herbs used in the Thai kitchen, and I think they charge a fair price for their dishes.

Visited June 2014

Almere, The Netherlands
“Food is OK but service was so poor”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Yesterday I had a dinner with my wife. We came there at 7pm after an 1/2 hour we received our starter after that we had to wait more then a hour and half we still didn't receive our main course. After asking a few times about our dish. We left the restaurant. This is the first time ever that we left a restaurant.

Almere, The Netherlands
“nice thai restaurant with good selection”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Located on the oldest canal of Almere-Haven it is a pleasant surprise.
Not overcrowded and proper seating with even a very food thai wines selection.
together with her ladyship we enjoyed this dinner quite a lot at not too high a price.
2 x a 4-course dinner with wine, irishcoffee etc we only paid 76 euro in total
we will certainly come back as also the restaurant has a much better look
than the other thai places in almere.

• Visited June 2013