Bluewater Point Resort
River Esplanade Motel(Mooloolaba)(Great Value!)
US$83
Cilento(Mooloolaba)
Mantra Sirocco(Mooloolaba)
Hotwire.com
Seamark On First(Mooloolaba)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsoverlooking the marinakawana watersshopping centredan murphyamazing viewsthrough wotifwalking distancehighly recommend staying herebedroom apartmentbottle shoplarge balconyeasy accesssunshine coastkids loved the pooldining tableshort drivenice pool
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stayed in this apartment complex after seeing it advertised on WOTIF. It looked a great location and thought it central to the Sunshine Coast attractions. When we arrived (after driving back and forth along the road several times to try and find it) we were lucky to be let in as they were expecting us at check in time of 2pm. Our confirmation clearly stated 8pm! Fortunately one of the owners was outside at the time and was able to check us in otherwise I don't know what we would have done. They had been emailing us during the day to check on our arrival time which was crazy as we had booked 3 months in advance and we had been travelling since 6am that morning.

When we entered our room I was immediately struck by the filth everywhere. The light switches, walls, floors and door handles were grimy and revolting. Ewww!!! The floors were so dirty that my daughter's socks were black within a minute. I couldn't believe a 4 star rated apartment could be so filthy.

The carpets in the bedrooms were stained and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed for weeks. All around the outsides of the rooms were thick with dust. Even on the bed frame there was dust I could swipe off. The couch was grey with grime and I wouldn't sit on it without placing a blanket over it first.

The first thing we did after unpacking was to go down the road to the supermarket and buy cleaning products. I cleaned for 1 1/2 hours until I felt it was hygenic enough to stay in!

All night I heard the air conditioning in the walls creaking and groaning and found it very hard to sleep.

I must say that the views and location are superb. The pools too were a big hit with the family.

A shame that the apartment didn't cater for 6 people as it should have being a 3 bedroom apartment. There weren't enough bowls or cutlery or outside furniture.

When we checked out my husband voiced our concerns and was told that an independent cleaning company does the cleaning. They were grateful for the feedback . I believe they are new owners and probably finding their way around. I do think spot checks on rooms should be the norm to keep up standards.

I hope things do change as it was a terrific spot.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank 5ChicksCoromandel
Reviewed 15 March 2008

Great apartment overlooking the marina. Very quiet and comfortable, with big balcony. Great pool and bbq facilities as well. Only downside, the air-conditioning unit, even when switched off, sounds a faint (but annoying) alarm when the doors are left open - meaning that if you don't want to hear the alarm you are forced to keep the doors shut and use the air-con, even if you don't need it.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple