“A recognition of an outstanding staff.”

Austria Trend Hotel Alpine Resort Fieberbrunn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Fieberbrunn
Reviewed 12 December 2012

It is always a pleasure to visit this gorgeous and peaceful part of Austria. The great country.

I usually come here for skiing and for the wonderful hospitality that this beautiful town has.
And it is no surprise that in this Alpine resort you will find some of finest and outstanding staff Austria can offer. I was honored to meet some of them in my short stay there this winter.
Patricia, Claudia, Anita, and Sebastian at the reception. What a great and professional people. The attendance and the kindness and the level of hospitality was amazing and their level of English was outstanding. Thank you guys and I wish you the very best. And special thank you to the management and god speed.

Room Tip: This hotel staff offered me a great upgrade and a very nice view to the ski slope. It is always nic...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank abusultan360

Reviewed 17 August 2012

The outside may be a little confusing, as the building lacks character. But once inside nothing can be faulted. Huge room (301), modern yet comfortable decor, thanks to the rich color wooden floor. Excellent bedding. The balcony opens to the woods and mountains, and no noise can be heard from the terrace in the summertime after 22h30. Generous half board, with some distintive touches in the menus - maybe the tables are a little too close to each other, but there's the tip : go and enjoy the pool at 19h and you've every chance to have it for yourself and find an empty dining room later on . Excellent staff, and very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JFCJRL
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We came to the hotel after a long coach journey and we really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were large and it was great to have the balcony with views over the grass and the cows at the back. The food was very good, great fish two nights, excellent. All the staff very helpful and it was easy to get to the skilift and up the top of the mountain. A bit of a walk to the village but we got the free bus back ok. Really recommend the hotel and should think it is very good skiing in the winter. The drinks waiter in the evenings great, we did not think to say an extra Thanks x

Room Tip: Think all the rooms seemed good, specially having a seperate toilet was a nice idea.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GretaEssex
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel. Our room was ready when we arrived at 11.00am. Fantastic room, very large, loads of wardrobe drawer space. Huge balcony with good view. Lovely bathroom, powerful showers, deep bath, and plenty of storage. Separate toilet. Bring your own hand soap, the one provided is harsh! The location is second to none. Ski school/hire shop 2 mins walk if that. Lifts the same. You can ski back right to the hotel. The ski hire shop is great for renting lockers so u can leave your stuff next to the slope, be aware it's a nightmare if you arrive at the same time as a large group. The hotel also provided lockers but you have to carry your skis for that 4 minute walk!!! Everything is done in cash outside of the hotel do make sure you bring a stash! Après ski on a small scale. Hotel has a great lounge. Food is good at hotel, not amazing but good for a week. Don't expect many vegetables! Only draw back NO English channels and no WIFI in rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank travel-happy08
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great hotel, great food and great staff! Skiing good, perfect for beginners and intermediates and also great for kids.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Hansamrose
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I much prefer telling fellow travellers about good hotels & restaurants that we have visited.

My wife & I chose chose the Austra-Trend Group Hotel, Alpine Resort, Fieberbrunn because it is in an ideal location, offering ski-to-the-door and is a smaller resort, which we had not previously visited. We read other reviews on TA (& other websites) as well as their own website. We wanted to stay at a fairly peak time, from 1st January & due to very good reviews of this 4 star hotel, we decided to stay, at the rate offered: € 300/night for the room, B&B & Evening Meal. At this price (& for 5 days) I was naturally expecting everything to be very good!

First impressions - excellent! Lovely welcome (which I judge to be very important) by Alexandre, in reception. Room on the top floor (4th) was spotlessly clean, and had the usual TV. safe, small fridge (mini-bar), a small balcony plus seperate toilet, from bath/shower.

Restuarant - food - I have to say was managed superbly. Breakfast - large buffet - hot (& it was hot, not luke warm). Regularly re-filled. I cannot think of anything (sensible) that was missing + the 6-course evening meal was very, very good. Help yourself to salad, soup and cheese. Served with starter, main & dessert. Very good service too!

If I judged this hotel on its food it would be at the top of the list with any hotel/restaurant we have ever visited!

OK - so there were some problems...this is the part which I sincerely wish I did not have to write... but I gave the hotel group (there are 20+ in the chain) the chance to rectify and they did not bother to respond, except for the hotel Manager, but not to my satisfaction!

3 issues we had - I'll let you decide if you want to risk spending your hard-earned money at this hotel...

1) 2nd night: we turned in early (10.00pm) after excellent ski-ing, apres-ski and dinner.
Woken by children (aged about 11-14) and a pitbull dog, running around our floor! "Advised" reception & 1/2hr later they were still doing it. Went down to reception - there was no Manager at the hotel & I was told "we have told the parents, but they do nothing, what do you expect us to do?" - retired to bed unhappy and struggled to get back to sleep.
I met & spoke with the young Hotel Manager the next day. He apologized, and I felt sorry for him????

2) 3rd night: 4 men checked in to 2 rooms on our floor, for an event at St Johann in Tirol, sponsored by AUDI & they left an inflatable (like a bouncy castle) outside our room. An hotel maintenance man knocked on our door early evening to enquire was it ours???!!!
Presumably he did nothing about it - but, it was very large & I was slightly curious as to why it was there! (But then, kids, pit bull dog, running around, bouncy castles, what next??!!! Again, we had turned in early (10.30pm) - another great day & evening!
Then, just before 11pm I was woken by a noise which sounded just like a motorbike in our room. I told my wife she was dreaming, but when I looked outside our room, there stood 4 alcohol-influenced young men blowing up an inflatable (like a bouncy-castle) on our floor, right outside our room, with a generator, plugged in to a socket outside!!!
(I was beginning to wonder if someone had been giving me dodgy drinks & I was hallucinating!)

3) Came back about 5pm (as do most ski-ers). Ran a bath in anticipation of a lovely relaxing time, to take away the aches & pains of a great day.... the water was cold! When I went down to reception to "enquire" as to the problem, another lady almost opened/dropped her towel, she was so mad, she kept muttering 4 star hotel - no hot water again, unbelievable!!

For no hot water we were given a 15% discount on our daily bill.
I asked for a discount for 2 disturbed nights sleeps - which I think is reasonable. if I was paying € 150/night for 2 of us, I probably would have accepted it.

The hotel manager replied: "I know that you were already given a discount of 15% for the lack of water, which was definitly a major problem that you do not have to accept. For the other 2 nights we are not of the same mind that this would justify another discount.
So please understand that we will not refund any further money to your credit card account!

I would like to conclude the review by saying that this could be an excellent hotel.

You should decide whether we were just unlucky, being in the hotel at the same time as some very selfish guests, and with a very young manager, who was very nice, but obviously unable to deal with problems when they arose.

I think we will stick to what we usually do: find hotels owned & run by Austrian families, who have values & respect. Never have we experienced these things anywhere else we have stayed.

Judging by this, I could not recommend staying at an Austria-Trend Group hotel. I am also disappointed that neither the CEO nor directors, to whom I sent an email, did not bother to reply.

Still, Fieberbrunn is a very nice resort, which I would recommend, with many other good hotels, although none in the same good position as the Alpine Resort.

I expect they will get it right in time..... ??

Room Tip: Ask for a room nowhere near people with dogs or noisy children!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DJCOTTS
Reviewed 12 April 2011

The Austria Trend Alpine Resort is a pretty huge and nicely designed hotel right next to the slope in Fieberbrunn (a few meters ...).
We very much enjoyed our time in our spacious room, the huge and nice spa area, and the great restaurant - with fantastic meals and breakfast.
What also needs to be pointed out is that for every room there is a single locker for your skiing equipment in the basement - including a heated ski boots rack.
The only thing we actually did not like that much was that in the restaurant you are seated very close to the next tables - a lack of privacy.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank w0rldadvis0r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fieberbrunn
Alte Post
Fairhotel Hochfilzen
Fairhotel Hochfilzen
#1 of 2 in Hochfilzen
Kempinski Hotel Das Tirol

Been to Austria Trend Hotel Alpine Resort Fieberbrunn? Share your experiences!