The hotel is situated outside the village of Fugen, about half a mile from the main roadway through the Zillertal. We stayed in the recently renovated Zirben Doppelzimmer. Nice room with a beautiful view and a modern, nice bathroom. The hotel has wide open views all around but since it is not located in the heart of the village you might miss that typical Tirolean feeling. Be aware that you might experience a bit traffic noise from the roadway.
The restaurant is generally good although we found that the quality varied. You will have a choice out of three menu's each day. The service on our first night was terrible, we had tot wait 15 minutes before our drinks arrived and it took them 40 minutes to serve our first course which they served in the wrong order. The other days the service was ok, not excellent.
The hotel offers good bikes and has a very nice wellness area. However, they open different sauna's each day. This is a good example of the overall feeling we had in this hotel. The facilities are good but the hotel lacks a certain sense of hospitality you often get in Tirolean hotels. Apart from the service at dinner we noticed this in several small things e.g.:
- the tv automatically switches of after a period of time (in the middel of a program). Why?
- there was not enough showergel available (you only get two small portions eac day)
- towels could not be changed at the sauna area
- extra pillow was not delivered the first night
These are all small things but they add up. If this was not the case Held would be a perfect choice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Sport- & Wellnesshotel Held reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.