“Little piece of heaven”
Review of Hotel Lampenhaeusl

Hotel Lampenhaeusl
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fusch
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel 3 days and it was really nice. We had booked smaller room, but the owner have us the bigger one for the same price. It was big with nice bathroom and beautiful view on the mountains.
The breakfast was very good as well as the position of the hotel - perfect for tours in the mountains.
The staff were really friendly; from the girl in the restaurant to the owners. Also the sauna was just what we needed after a long day in the Alps.
We would definetely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the mountains - that view is something special.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina C
There are newer reviews for Hotel Lampenhaeusl

Reviewed 24 September 2012

we stayed at this hotel on our way to Venice, this was a proper hotel.
room was huge as was the bathroom, parking in grounds and a great reception from
english speakers.we had a really good evening meal and the best breakfast by far
and all this for 84 euros. the extensive patio is a great place to enjoy an evening drink
after a long drive and the Grossglockner is waiting to be conquered in the morning.
a wonderful place to stay and the highlight of our trip thusfar.
why is it the germans and austrians can supply such great accomodation so much
cheaper than the rest of europe?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grahamsbs7
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed with my daughter at the Hotel Lampenhaeusl for a ski holiday in February and was delighted with everything this hotel had to offer. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and made a great effort to make us welcome and comunicate with us in English as our German wasnt very good, each night the staff translated the menu to us, which was a great help. The food was fab, though if it was buffet nights you had to get there early! The breakfast buffet was vast with plenty of choice. The location was a great retreat after a days skiing and not far from the slopes. I would have no hesitation in returning again.

Room Tip: We did pay for an upgraded room so we had a fab view with a balcony facing the Alpine pass, it was w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here in May en route to Croatia. The hotel itself is staffed by friendly people who made us feel very welcome. In the grounds there is a small camping field and a 'chalet' which is really a static caravan in which we stayed. THe chalet is smarter than your average british caravan, spotless and comfortable but with all the faciities of the hotel a few steps away. The bufet breakfast is good quality Austrian bread, meat, cheese, eggs, cereals etc and the restaurant serves a wide range of reasonably priced and delicious meals. All this in a wondeful location in the foothills of the mountains on the Grossglocknerstrasse. We are counting down the days until this years visit!

Room Tip: If you have chilldren the chalet is ideal as they can run arounnd on the grass outside.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank debsgraham
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Dear Reader, this hotel is terrible. Not only is the food rubbish the actual hosbitality of the staff can only be discribed as lackful in all aspects. To be honest I would never of stayed there if I can a chose but I didnt as it was a ski trip. Please just avoid this hotel, you barely have any room to but your bags and fit things into the wardrobes and the bathrooms......well I wouldnt even call it a bathroom it was that small is total rubbish. Please I beg you never visit this hotel as I wouldnt. I only stayed in the hotel last year (2011) and the only thing good about the hotel was the intewrnet as that was the only part of the hotel which kept me sane.
Thank you for reading this and I hope this gave you some adivse.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank KPKLI978
Reviewed 24 October 2011

An Excellent Hotel. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with internet access. The restaurant was very busy, but still gave wonderful service and cuisine. Our only regret was that we only stayed for one night. We will return...

Room Tip: Choose a large room. it has a separate lounge and includes internet access
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The_Elf
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Having reviewed this hotel previously, I thought I would add an update as we have stayed here in January and March 2011. January we visited with our skiing group of friends, and in March just my husband and I.

The 'Lampy' remains an excellent hotel. Spotlessly clean, friendly, excellent service, accommodation and food. It is our Austria home from home and we have already booked two separate weeks at this hotel next year! Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruthie34
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fusch
Hotel Post Fusch
#3 of 8 in Heiligenblut
Hotel Martini
Hotel Martini
#17 of 30 in Kaprun

Been to Hotel Lampenhaeusl? Share your experiences!