“Ok for one night but I wouldn't want a holiday here”

Dalaman Airport Lykia Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dalaman
Lincolnshire
“Ok for one night but I wouldn't want a holiday here”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We only stayed here in transit between Istanbul and UK, arriving at 6pm and leaving at 4.00 the next morning. The hotel is close to the airport and is perfectly acceptable for a night. The Neal was included and it was a good job as there is nowhere else to eat. The meal was a buffet by the pool, not terribly hygienic as the salad starters were just on a table open to the elements. It wasn't the tastiest if food but it was plentiful and the waiters were pleasant enough. Don't go here for a holiday but it's fine for a night.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Arrived here after doing a Thomson last day excursion, so glad we was only here for a few hours but bad news for the hotel in them few hours they could not of been any worse! we expected to be all inclusive as we had left an all inclusive hotel but apparently the drinks were not included on your last day this is not what was needed!

So we brought a few drinks but after the first 2 our money was spent as it is so expensive a bottle of rose wine is 100tl!!!

we had a 10 minute massage mine lasted 25 mins fine you would think but not when the staff member makes you feel so uncomfortable you wish you hadn't bothered now im not sure how they perceive a massage to be in turkey but if this iswhat they do had they been in engalnd would of been a different story now why did I not complain......they don't understand English!

Now you would expecta Thomson rep to be around as this is not our hotel and it was our last day to make sure all went smoothly not one around. my bag got ripped being moved from one coach to the next I tried to speak to the customer service rep to ask for a contact for Thompson she looked at me then just said reception so I went to reception said my bag has been ripped he calls the manager because he does not understand either again I explain the manager says I no understand so I say bag he says yes I get his business card I rip it ah now he gets it but guess what he doesn't understand when I say I wish to speak to Thomson!!!!

this was not what I needed on our last day which was meant to relax! so I think ill go for a swim the pool shuts at 4pm!!! we arrived at 5!!

we go to dinner the waiter asks if we want drinks we say we have no money he gives us a dirty looks walks away! all I can say is awful staff in this hotel he looked like he was the manager at the time and this was on 11th July. when my partner put his napkin on his finished plate this member of staff came over with a look of disgust picked it off shook his head and walked off again I would complain but they don't understand what I saying!.

Avoid staying here for a holiday and avoid it on thompsons last day trip!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rob1nson

Travellers are raving about these Dalaman hotels

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

As out Thomas Cook flight was delayed, they put the entire flight on this hotel from a 5 start resort. We got prison food and water if you begged for it and all else was chargeable. TC's reps were a disaster not coping under fire from the riotous crowd.
The rooms are appealing and although clean, the beds are as solid as concrete and the air con does not work in this 40 degree heat.
The tv is crooked and hanging off the wall and the pool is full of tattooed pikeys.
Avoid like the plague unless you are one of these pikeys in which case, you'd love it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

To make the most of our holiday we booked on a mud baths and turtles excursion that took you to the airport hotel at the end of the last day. This cut your transfer time down to 10mins and gave you an extra day. The excursion was excellent but this hotel was awful. The staff were rude and made you feel that, as you were only there for a few hours they couldn't be bothered. There were cracked tiles in the bathroom, the shower head was badly fitted so flooded the floor as it sprayed everywhere. The only staff that made an effort were in the restaurant. Their hard work was marred by europop being blasted from speakers for no apparent reason, other staff appearing to use an open window as a door and the fact they seem to have decided to seat us outside with table cloths that seemed in serious danger of blowing away, especially when the aircraft (that it looked like you could reach up and touch) came over. We were not bothered by the planes as it was an airport hotel but it hardly made for easy dinner conversation.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Myself and my Fiance stayed here for one night after arriving into Dalaman late. We arrived at Reception and explained that we were very hungry and as we were half board we had missed our meal. This was about 10pm. The Reception spoke to the restaurant Manager and arranged an a la carte menu for us which was delicious and we really appreciated it. The Hotel is about 10 minutes from the Airport which is great, especially when you have been travelling all day. The rooms were very dated and basic but did have a plasma and did the job and they were clean. The Breakfast was disgusting though and there was lots of flies, which was very disappointing. The pool was nice as we had a quick swim before beginning our journey. We would stay again as convenient but wouldn't stay for longer than one night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maddison G
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. As it is near the airport you have the aircraft noise but that's only to be expected. Pool very nice. Large restaurant which was bright and airy. The staff were very helpful and the rooms very clean.

• Stayed June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here recently as my flight from Dalaman was cancelled, Thomas Cook farmed us all into this hotel. Its in the middle of nowhere, no shops.. just a large mosque which calls for prayer wakes you up! this hotel is ridiculously expensive, they charge 2pounds for a fried egg! the food is the most disgusting food I have EVER tried, and the way they serve it is like a school dinner. AVOID this hotel if you are considering it for a holiday! despite the slides and pretty pictures this hotel is terrible! I would recommend the Marcan Beach in Olu Deniz if you are looking to fly to Dalaman for a holiday.

Room Tip: don't stay here!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dalaman
Spa Hotel ThermeMaris
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
#4 of 9 in Sarigerme
Gocek Lykia Resort Hotel

Been to Dalaman Airport Lykia Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!