“very dissapionted yet had fun staying in the city”
Review of Sabin Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormoc
Sabin Resort Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ormoc
norway
“very dissapionted yet had fun staying in the city”
Reviewed 4 November 2009

New rooms are pretty good but yes front disk are very disappointing! Ive been in different hotels in cebu phil.. I was so happy by the way they treat their guests, approach you with a very friendly and pleasant smile, take good care of you like crystals and respond you as soon as possible as they could.. because of course they want their customers to comeback and will have a very nice and unforgettable stay. if the guests was happy with their stay then possible for them to recommend your hotel to their friends who are planning to visit your place! Then 3 mornings we had to request for a room service for 4 times for them to clean the room.. we started to call the front disk early morning, next was lunch time, next was 3pm then b4 dinner that was time when my wife went to their room service office! The location is nice the price is OK but the management should try to educate the staffs to be more service minded because they are dealing with customers and tourists as well that if you are thinking or want them to comeback one day. also the staffs should know that their guests should stay privately even if they are no longer staying at the hotel! it is not their rights to talked about their guests or share it to anybody about who and what had happened inside the establishment! One morning when we were at the lobby we heard the front disk ladies talking about their guests! i think management should try to change or improve with how the hotel and the people who is working their right now!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank anglesrreal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Northampton, England
Reviewed 18 September 2009

How is it that Starbucks and McDonalds can train up their youthful employees to SMILE and engage the customer in some friendly banter whilst others involved in the hospitality sector fail miserably to deliver what is not exactly rocket science? After a rough crossing from Cebu in the Supercat ferry even a plastic smile would have been nice. But the hatchet faced lady behind the desk looked like she was auditioning for an Adams Family movie. Like so many other reviewers we were gven a frosty reception and a disapproving glance at my partner's admittedly short skirt. In fact the lady appeared to be supervising a new trainee and seemed oblivious to a rapidly growing queue as observation replaced participation as the priority of the day. Yes, you have guessed it ...our experience mirrored that of other writers here. The pool setting and the lobby area were simply beautiful and so atmospheric at night but the overall experience was flawed by the incompetence of the front desk and the failure of anyone to answer the room service extension for a whole morning. Full marks though to the quality and choice of food and to the waiter who manfully wielded a gigantic fan as he made futile attempts to fend off a plague of flies at breakfast. Would we go again? Bizzarely yes, because despite the faults it is a lovely place to stay, especially in one of the poolside villas that boast a bath tub. If only someone could introduce a unit on "giving the customer a good experience" into the company training manual.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nevroyan2004
Tasmania
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I have read the reviews from people not satsfied with the resort. Sabin is a great place to stay and once you get to know the staff, you will find them ameniable, very obliging and courteous. The initial 'aloofness', will disappear once they know you. Some guests however are very rude, arrogant and demanding....we saw this first hand whilst there, so the staff may have reacted accordingly.
We have developed some long term friendships with the staff there.
Please go there with no expectations, just an open mind and you willenjoy yourselves and the staff.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PleasedTasmania
VIC Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I stayed with my friend there for 3 nights ,
As I read so many other reviews about the hotel , all I can say I agree.
I mean the place is good , got a good layout, it's a bit hidden but safe thanks to the armed guards in the front of the entrance.
To get there is easy by tricycle, but you have to be careful especially with the fares at night , they may rip you off due to "yeah the Kano can pay"
If you have no native helper they take it from you . on day you pay 20peso next time you pay triple.
Anyway arriving at the front desk to check in, we were NOT really greeted with a nice "hello good afternoon ,how can I help you ?" that made me feel like if i have to ask for permission to speak to the Lady behind the desk there.
I understand it's not Europe or Australia or America where you get that service but for me the first impression at any hotel I ever stayed marks the quality of service .
Does the guest have to ask for a simple hello and a smile .
Maybe a foreigner should be the manager or a trainer for the reception .
All other staff there was OK but not really that what you expect, in some areas too many staff i don't really know what they were doing.

Over all it's not really my responsibility to tell them how to run this place but i hope they'll read it and turn things around to make this place the best in ormoc.
I only would recommend this place if they do some changes there .
One more thing ,if they want a cash tip there they really should start fixing their manners up and look after the guest like a king

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KANOJOE

Travellers are raving about these Ormoc hotels

Seattle
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Reading the other reviews of the Sabin I at least feel like it wasn't myself and my family that had issues with the staff. I don't know why they had to be mean.
The hotel, grounds, pool and setting are beautiful. The food is perfectly acceptable if not outstanding. The rooms were good enough although we did have a bit of an ant invasion. Really the only part of our stay that disappointed was the consistent unfriendliness of the front desk and housekeeping staff. This was our first visit to the Philippines and the Sabin's staff was the only group out of three hotels that did not treat us in a warm and friendly way. The food service staff was nicer although they did have more language issues with English. Still US residents are so spoiled about speaking English I figure that's not their problem it's mine. I don't expect to speak English in France!
There are not that many places to stay in the Ormoc area so I might stay there again. I'll just know not to expect to find pleasant people on the staff.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jadams519
Davao City
Reviewed 28 April 2009

The hotel is beautiful, very spacious and very ideal for a family vacation. It has the nicest view, big pool, fancy resto, big lobby.... but as you enter you are met with frowning, very unfriendly front desk staff . You are made to wait forever in the resto. The rooms are big but very dark. No hot or cold water to drink. When we arrived, the balcony had dirty dishes. Those weren't even retrieved until the third day of our stay despite calling housekeeping several times. I don't know if they are understaffed or undertrained. They should improve their services to match their rates and the beauty of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank JocelynDavao
ormoc
Reviewed 25 April 2009

we stayed there 3 times and you still can't eat in the outside restaurant...too many flies, and the employees come over and fan these disgusting fans over your food while you are trying to eat...just get some food covers that you can place over the plates of food and hang fly strips...the employees with the fans are more annoying

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrhiltonslots11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormoc
Don Felipe Hotel
#3 of 20 in Tacloban
The Oriental Leyte
The Oriental Leyte
#1 of 1 in Palo

Been to Sabin Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!