“Our resort retreat”
Review of Sabin Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormoc
Sabin Resort Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ormoc
Barnsley
“Our resort retreat”
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Impressive swimming pool & grounds, Fantastic veiws over Ormoc Bay & mountains clean good sized rooms with various options of refinement. Good food & pleasant staff. We go every year, if not to stay, just to use the swimming pool.

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emmyntony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cebu City
Reviewed 10 April 2010

The reason I chose Sabin Hotel to hold our seminar was obviously for its unequaled ambiance in Ormoc city (for now). But much to its regal environment was undoubtedly the worst service I availed in the whole of my summer excapades (April-May 2010) including business trips.

First, the front desk clerks don't care to wear a smile to greet exhausted travelers and guests. They don't seem to be happy catering to simple and doable requests.

Here's a concrete example. I suggested to one of the waiters to please put a "Pls use the other door." sign in the damaged door in the function room we rented. He unabashedly replied, "Aw, bayad ug maguba.". Total idiot and ill-mannered, just like the front desk girls. I prefer to call them girls instead of ladies for the lack of right attitude.

The hotel owners might need a look into this. Their own staff needs to undergo a training on customer service. Or better yet, revamp them. There are a lot of BS HRM gradautes who are more willing to work with dignity and pride. People who value clients. People who are service-oriented.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Abtik

Travellers are raving about these Ormoc hotels

bkk-thailand
Reviewed 4 April 2010

To Sabin Management & Staff,
Good hotel specially the pool but u need to do something about all your rooms as i noticed that they all need some upgrading. We stayed at 1 of your cottages opposite the pool...boring room ambience, no picture frame or some wall decorations, dull color of painting, bathroom was dark some other light bulbs not working, a lot of ants specially outside the front door. Roof was leaking when there's rain. No complimentary drinking water at least. Linens are old & been ripped. If u could pls do something quickly about these all so then it will be a good recommendation to others. Many thanks!
- Restaurant food was good
- Entertainment was good
- Staff service needs to improve as too slow
- Front dest staff needs to be more friendly & appealing
- Upgrade your front dest ambience & the lobby area

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank emanonBkk_thailand
cebu
Reviewed 18 December 2009

I agree with the other reviews about the front desk we had stayed before at the Sabin. Front desk ask to pay up front for the stay and the receptionist looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp. The waiter brought us some coffee to the room barged in with my partner in night attire then stood in the room waiting for payment i ask you.It is a nice location.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CebuWorzel
Ludvika
Reviewed 11 November 2009

This is a hard one. Can I honestly recommend the hotel? The grounds are very nice. The pool is nice and they are working on extending the beach area. Also, the food in the restaurant was good. They had a good halo-halo. Admittedly, that is the most that I can recommend.

The room was terrible. We had adjoining "deluxe" rooms with my parents and the rooms were dark, the bathroom shower did not seem particularly clean and there were ants all around the air conditioner. When we checked in, I noticed as the bellboy was opening our door that there were ants at the threshold. Upon opening the door, it was because there was a dead lizzard that was being fed upon. I asked him to get rid of it. He kicked it unceremoniously to the side. Now whilst yes, he did do what I had asked, it was his manner that I didn't care for.

My mother almost hurt herself due to a dripping drain tap in a dimly lit bathroom and she slipped. She had asked housekeeping to fix the lightining the night before and they had not done so properly.

Ormoc does not have many options in the way of hotels. We were really looking forward to staying at Sabins but I must say that I was very disappointed. We had dinner at Ormoc Villa on one of the evenings and I must say that I think we would have enjoyed our stay better there despite the lack of scenery.

They had a small internet cafe which allows you to check your e-mail. I believe it was 50 php an hour for usage which isn't horribly expensive.

If you are in Ormoc and want to swim then by all means, stay here, otherwise, be warned.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank FlipCanuckBrit
norway
Reviewed 4 November 2009

New rooms are pretty good but yes front disk are very disappointing! Ive been in different hotels in cebu phil.. I was so happy by the way they treat their guests, approach you with a very friendly and pleasant smile, take good care of you like crystals and respond you as soon as possible as they could.. because of course they want their customers to comeback and will have a very nice and unforgettable stay. if the guests was happy with their stay then possible for them to recommend your hotel to their friends who are planning to visit your place! Then 3 mornings we had to request for a room service for 4 times for them to clean the room.. we started to call the front disk early morning, next was lunch time, next was 3pm then b4 dinner that was time when my wife went to their room service office! The location is nice the price is OK but the management should try to educate the staffs to be more service minded because they are dealing with customers and tourists as well that if you are thinking or want them to comeback one day. also the staffs should know that their guests should stay privately even if they are no longer staying at the hotel! it is not their rights to talked about their guests or share it to anybody about who and what had happened inside the establishment! One morning when we were at the lobby we heard the front disk ladies talking about their guests! i think management should try to change or improve with how the hotel and the people who is working their right now!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank anglesrreal
Northampton, England
Reviewed 18 September 2009

How is it that Starbucks and McDonalds can train up their youthful employees to SMILE and engage the customer in some friendly banter whilst others involved in the hospitality sector fail miserably to deliver what is not exactly rocket science? After a rough crossing from Cebu in the Supercat ferry even a plastic smile would have been nice. But the hatchet faced lady behind the desk looked like she was auditioning for an Adams Family movie. Like so many other reviewers we were gven a frosty reception and a disapproving glance at my partner's admittedly short skirt. In fact the lady appeared to be supervising a new trainee and seemed oblivious to a rapidly growing queue as observation replaced participation as the priority of the day. Yes, you have guessed it ...our experience mirrored that of other writers here. The pool setting and the lobby area were simply beautiful and so atmospheric at night but the overall experience was flawed by the incompetence of the front desk and the failure of anyone to answer the room service extension for a whole morning. Full marks though to the quality and choice of food and to the waiter who manfully wielded a gigantic fan as he made futile attempts to fend off a plague of flies at breakfast. Would we go again? Bizzarely yes, because despite the faults it is a lovely place to stay, especially in one of the poolside villas that boast a bath tub. If only someone could introduce a unit on "giving the customer a good experience" into the company training manual.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nevroyan2004
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormoc
Don Felipe Hotel
#3 of 20 in Tacloban
Ironwood Hotel
Ironwood Hotel
#1 of 20 in Tacloban

Been to Sabin Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!