Ormoc Villa Hotel
  • Free Internet
The Loft Hotel(Tacloban)
AIS Hotel(Tacloban)
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed nightsbed was comfortablewifihousekeepingsupermarketreceptionistserving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Ormoc City has very few hotels, so when one enteres Ormoc Villa Hotel and sees its garden and pool area, one would think they are in a good hotel. Unfortunately, the rooms here are run down, old and stuffy. The carpet, curtains, duvet and bathroom shows a lot of wear and tear signs. Stains in the tub are disgusting and the closet had a moldy smell.

The only redeeming factor about this hotel is their food which is pretty good and reasonably priced. The hotel is also surrounded by decent eateries which offer wide variety of choices. It is close to the Boardwalk so one can perhaps take a walk and go people watching to while away time.

This hotel is not a resort, other than the pool, there is nothing more to do here, it is just a basic place to sleep in and dump stuff. If one is just looking for a place for the night, then this is a pricy choice and one can get better value for its money elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank princesscat09
ormocvillahotel, Assitant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Hi Princesscat09!

Thank you for your feedback.
We are pleased to inform you that we have already renovated most of our rooms while a remaining few are currently being renovated and should be done before the year ends.
We hope you stay with us again when you visit Ormoc.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Very nice hotel, stayed here a few times. Friendly and helpful staff. Not easy to book a room by e-mailing them however, they hardly ever answer or check incoming mail. Rooms are spacious but a bit outdated, however they are clean, bathroom also clean. Service is very good. I will be back here for sure on my next business trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert V

Hi Robert V!

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are pleased to inform you that we have already renovated most of our rooms while a few remaining ones are currently being renovated and should be done before the year ends.

Rest assured we will be more timely in responding to our guests' emails.

We hope you stay with us again when you visit Ormoc City.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I needed to "get away" from the hustle and Bustle of the city of Ormoc for a day and had spent some time in this hotel before. I forgot it's many downsides. Most of all, you will lose your sanity if only for one day. By all means don't even spend more than an hour there. I was staying at a pension house in Downtown Ormoc and had the bustling city below my window. Yet, I could sleep at night and the city was interesting. I decided to stay my last day and night at Ormoc Villa for some rest and relaxation. They are constantly in a renovation mode and from 7am until 5:30pm you can expect the abusive noise of jack hammers and chiseling next to your room. Then at night there is an all night "karaoke" bar that caters to "drunks" that blast their terrible noise until 6am. I could not even hear my tv in a 24 hour period. Avoid this hotel at all cost!!!! San Pedro Inn is a better place... shucks, sleep on the streets and it will be better!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank GuadalupeBill
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Ormoc Villa offers a decent stay in Ormoc specially for those who are business travellers considering that there's not much choices in the area. But the hotel can use some sprucing up. The room lighting is very dim and it's very difficult to do some reading at night. There are cracks along the walls in our room and the safety deposit box does not work. The room also has a moldy smell and housekeeping should really pay attention to cleaning the room. The complimentary coffee sachet used by the previous occupants was still there and the cups still have the stains of coffee. It was as if the cups were just rinsed and not washed thouroughly. Only small bar of soaps were given to us without new bottle of shampoo. The bottle of the left-over shampoo by the previous guests was retained in the bathroom and was not replaced. We requested for a new one but was ignored and since we are not in the hotel until after dark, we did not bother repeating to avoid further stress. We just bought a sachet of shampoo from the nearby market. During the night, the bar across the street had karaoke and there were singing until past 3am. Good thing exhaustion overtook me that I fell asleep despite the noise but it was already past midnight. For the two nights I spent in the hotel, both nights there were enthusiatic wannabe singers and they really made their presence known. Earplugs will be a good addition to one's packed luggage. That, or earphones so you can listen to your own music while trying to sleep.

Restaurant food was good but nothing special. Service was very slow. We had to wake up
and eat breakfast early so as not to be late for our meetings or engagements. On our last day, we had to travel early but the restaurant was still closed by 6:15 (it should have been open at 6am). We had to ask the front desk and the janitor, who turned out to be the waiter also, if they have plans of serving breakfast. Once we ordered, we waited another 30 minutes for our orders to be served considering we ordered the easiest one to make on the menu. We had to gobble up our food to be able to make-up for the time.

The hotel is supposed to have wifi signal but it was really difficult to connect to. The wifi signal in the room was very weak and intermittent, it gets to be frustrating.

For business travellers, it pays to look for other options in the area but considering the choices available, one had to make do with this hotel if only to have a roof over their head during their stay. It is best to manage expectations when staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I stayed in the Presidential Suite during Christmas time (peak season). I was definately disappointed in the condition of the room. It wasn't worth the $100+ I paid each night. The moment we checked in, I had to have room service clean the bathroom & jacuzzi. The walls had water damage and the room smelled like mold. The elevator wasn't working during my stay either.

The positive thing was the 5 star service at the restaurant. The hospiatlity of the entire staff was incredible. You are close to the major shopping mall, Guitano, and the church.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family