Ormoc Villa Hotel
  • Restaurant
    The Loft Hotel(Tacloban)
    AIS Hotel(Tacloban)
      Very Good 4/5
      All reviewsstayed nightsbed was comfortablewifihousekeepingsupermarketreceptionistserving
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 10 October 2013

After almost 3 hours of land travel from Tacloban Airport, we were welcomed by an accommodating frontdesk officer. We were then allowed to have an early check in since there were available rooms. Too bad the elevator was not funtioning when we went there. But it was not a big issue because the hotel only has 2 floors and we need to get those legs moving haha.

The room was clean and well-furnished. The hotel has a large garden area and it's beautifully designed. Relaxing atmosphere.

Food was good but not that striking to our taste buds so we opted to search for food resto around the City.

Location is good too since it's just a few meters away from the Ormoc Coliseum and the Bus Terminal and the Ferry port. There are convenience shops nearby so it's easy to avail some necessities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
      7  Thank musickaren
      ormocvillahotel, Assistant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Hi Musikaren!

Thank you very much for the pleasant review!
      We hope you to see you again on your next visit to Ormoc. Please do try the new items in our menu and let us know what you think. :)

Reviewed 23 July 2013

As we pulled into Villa Ormoc Hotel, I wanted to just look for another possible lodging in the city. The place looks old from the outside. I thought it was only in the outside but much more when you go inside and into the lobby. The welcoming staff and the front desk personnel also did not do anything to allay my fear.

But since I'm going to stay for only 2 nights, I decided to just go on and proceed with my reservation. Proceeding to my room, the hallways were dark. To my surprise, the room is spacious and well-lighted. The toilet is clean and well-lighted as well. With simple amenities, well-lighted and spacious rooms, I am now happy to stay the length of my reservation.

The hotel management should think of continuing their ongoing renovation into the lobby and on the external facade. They may also wish to invest in re-training or re-tooling their staff to ensure that guests have a pleasant experience.

With a good room and a good sleep experience, Ormoc Villa Hotel is on its way to have a higher rating. For now, I will give it an average rating and I look forward to returning in the near future. I am sure this is not the only chance for me to visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
      4  Thank TheBaldTraveller
      ormocvillahotel, Assistant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Hi TheBaldTraveller!

Thank you very much for your review. Feedback from guests like you help us improve our service. We have a renovation program planned and have started with our rooms. Hopefully we will have the rest of the areas renovated as scheduled. We would gladly work on your other suggestions to provide the best possible service to our guests.
      We hope you stay with us again when you visit Ormoc.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

There aren't many places to stay in Ormoc but I have to say that this one is already the best hotel in the city. They have spacious rooms though I found it to be quite dark even during daytime due to limited lighting. Their bathrooms are also big and clean.

I was glad to know that they recently renovated their rooms. Now, the spacious rooms are well-lighted and the big bathrooms were also renovated. Their internet connection has also improved because now it can be accessed in almost all the rooms unlike before when only the rooms near the stairs have wifi.

As for the food in their coffee shop, well, it's just okay. Quite expensive compared to other local restaurants but if you don't want to go out, you'll survive with the food that they serve. But if you can, do try to eat out. Ormoc has a few good places to eat.

Service is also okay. The staff at their front desk have been working there for so many years already. This makes them familiar with their frequent guests, which is good. That extra hospitality will make you keep coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
      4  Thank purplefrance
      ormocvillahotel, Assitant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Hi Purplefrance!

Thank you very much for your pleasant review.We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you visit Ormoc.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This former Days hotel is in my eyes the best hotel of Ormoc city.
      The rooms are modernised, not yet finished all, but within one year all rooms will be renovated.
      It's so nice; they try to make as less noise as possible during working hours and it did not disturbe me to much.
      New beds, silent airco, stone floor, flatscreen tv and a comfortable rain shower.
      We had an excellent internet connection in our room.
      As usual all staff is very friendly and helpful.
      Good food from the restaurant and a car service that picks you up and brings you to the supercat or ferry.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, but if you are used to start sleeping late at night, there is no problem. There are also no problems at all if you use good gel earplugs (3M); no noise at all. We bring them everywere, because sometimes an aircondition is noisy, but not in this hotel.
      • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
      3  Thank Ruud P
      ormocvillahotel, Assistant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Hi Ruud P!

Thank you very much for your pleasant review.We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. If there are ways we can make your stay more pleasant, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We hope to see you again when you visit Ormoc.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

The room was very nice. It met our needs. It had a nice court yard with a pool. The food was very good. The hotel is in a nice location. We're planning on staying there again next May before our trip to Cebu. We plan on bringing my wife's mother for a nights stay. Try the hotel if you are in are the area.

• Stayed: August 2012
      3  Thank duling
      ormocvillahotel, Assistant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Hi Mr. Duling!

Thank you very much for the very pleasant review.
      We hope to see you again on your next visit.