“Reasonable hotel”
Review of Ormoc Villa Hotel

Ormoc Villa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ormoc
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights. Room was comfortable enough, shower was a bit idiosyncratic. Wifi was only available in the lobby/bar area.

We took breakfast in a small restaurant area at an extra charge but I only later realised that there was also a breakfast buffet in the patio area - I suspect that that was included in the room charge but no-one had explained the breakfast arrangements.

Nice grounds but the pool is more of a paddling pool than somewhere to swim.

Good central location - the open air restaurant shacks nearby serve wonderful fish.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Voigt

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Ormoc Villa Hotel is probably the 2nd best hotel in Ormoc. Sabin Resort is probably best, with Don Felipe in 3rd. I had a decent room - good size with a good bathroom. Everything in the room is tired by western standards, but clean and functional. It was about $50 USD/night. The worst thing was the karaoke bar across the street. Its an outdoor bar that starts the music at around 1100PM and goes until 200AM or later! Not nice. Otherwise, the hotel common areas are clean, safe and well-lit. No elevator so rooms on the 3rd floor are a long hot walk usually. Aircon worked well. Right now the pool is closed, so that was a big bummer. The grounds are well kept, and the hotel is located well in the city.

Room Tip: NOT facing the karaoke bar!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Marc L
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was in Ormoc doing volunteer work post-Haiyan and Ormoc Villa was the first base for All Hands Volunteers. I came later but found out they allowed the volunteers to come in the evenings after our work day was done to use internet, buy some drinks and get a chance to relax after a hard day out in the field. That in itself deserves extra stars.

As I lived on the volunteer base most of the time, I, and some others, did stay here on nights if we had the next day off. It was a chance to sleep in a comfortable bed, get a good hot shower and a little peace & quiet in a clean room. The food is very good and the staff is attentive. They even helped me find my lost cell phone! It's a long story but I will say that they went above & beyond to help me out and I wasn't even staying there that night. I looked forward to coming here in the evenings and on days off.

For location, it's very close to the port. You can walk there and to the little outdoor market just down the street. Close to some local restaurants and across the street from the grocery store. If you're going to Ormoc, there's no better place to stay.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, get a room on the south side of the hotel. There's a karaoke bar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank NYNeenz
Reviewed 10 October 2013

After almost 3 hours of land travel from Tacloban Airport, we were welcomed by an accommodating frontdesk officer. We were then allowed to have an early check in since there were available rooms. Too bad the elevator was not funtioning when we went there. But it was not a big issue because the hotel only has 2 floors and we need to get those legs moving haha.

The room was clean and well-furnished. The hotel has a large garden area and it's beautifully designed. Relaxing atmosphere.

Food was good but not that striking to our taste buds so we opted to search for food resto around the City.

Location is good too since it's just a few meters away from the Ormoc Coliseum and the Bus Terminal and the Ferry port. There are convenience shops nearby so it's easy to avail some necessities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank musickaren
ormocvillahotel, Assistant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Hi Musikaren!

Thank you very much for the pleasant review!
We hope you to see you again on your next visit to Ormoc. Please do try the new items in our menu and let us know what you think. :)

Reviewed 23 July 2013

As we pulled into Villa Ormoc Hotel, I wanted to just look for another possible lodging in the city. The place looks old from the outside. I thought it was only in the outside but much more when you go inside and into the lobby. The welcoming staff and the front desk personnel also did not do anything to allay my fear.

But since I'm going to stay for only 2 nights, I decided to just go on and proceed with my reservation. Proceeding to my room, the hallways were dark. To my surprise, the room is spacious and well-lighted. The toilet is clean and well-lighted as well. With simple amenities, well-lighted and spacious rooms, I am now happy to stay the length of my reservation.

The hotel management should think of continuing their ongoing renovation into the lobby and on the external facade. They may also wish to invest in re-training or re-tooling their staff to ensure that guests have a pleasant experience.

With a good room and a good sleep experience, Ormoc Villa Hotel is on its way to have a higher rating. For now, I will give it an average rating and I look forward to returning in the near future. I am sure this is not the only chance for me to visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank TheBaldTraveller
ormocvillahotel, Assistant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Hi TheBaldTraveller!

Thank you very much for your review. Feedback from guests like you help us improve our service. We have a renovation program planned and have started with our rooms. Hopefully we will have the rest of the areas renovated as scheduled. We would gladly work on your other suggestions to provide the best possible service to our guests.
We hope you stay with us again when you visit Ormoc.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

There aren't many places to stay in Ormoc but I have to say that this one is already the best hotel in the city. They have spacious rooms though I found it to be quite dark even during daytime due to limited lighting. Their bathrooms are also big and clean.

I was glad to know that they recently renovated their rooms. Now, the spacious rooms are well-lighted and the big bathrooms were also renovated. Their internet connection has also improved because now it can be accessed in almost all the rooms unlike before when only the rooms near the stairs have wifi.

As for the food in their coffee shop, well, it's just okay. Quite expensive compared to other local restaurants but if you don't want to go out, you'll survive with the food that they serve. But if you can, do try to eat out. Ormoc has a few good places to eat.

Service is also okay. The staff at their front desk have been working there for so many years already. This makes them familiar with their frequent guests, which is good. That extra hospitality will make you keep coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank purplefrance
ormocvillahotel, Assitant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Hi Purplefrance!

Thank you very much for your pleasant review.We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you visit Ormoc.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This former Days hotel is in my eyes the best hotel of Ormoc city.
The rooms are modernised, not yet finished all, but within one year all rooms will be renovated.
It's so nice; they try to make as less noise as possible during working hours and it did not disturbe me to much.
New beds, silent airco, stone floor, flatscreen tv and a comfortable rain shower.
We had an excellent internet connection in our room.
As usual all staff is very friendly and helpful.
Good food from the restaurant and a car service that picks you up and brings you to the supercat or ferry.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, but if you are used to start sleeping late at night, there is n...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ruud P
ormocvillahotel, Assistant to the General Manager at Ormoc Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Hi Ruud P!

Thank you very much for your pleasant review.We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. If there are ways we can make your stay more pleasant, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We hope to see you again when you visit Ormoc.
Again, thank you very much.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormoc
Don Felipe Hotel
#2 of 21 in Tacloban
The Oriental Leyte
The Oriental Leyte
#1 of 1 in Palo

Been to Ormoc Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!