“Resident Review”

Leyte Golf and Country Club
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Ormoc
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Actually, I am residing in Barangay Mabini, Ormoc City where Golf Course is located but as of now I'm here in Manila currently working.

To be honest, I didn't try to play golf but I'd tried once to be an umbrella girl. I forgot the exact date but I'm sure it was during my college days.

The update I can share with you guys, the Golf Course is a venue for a wedding ceremony. When I browse the pics through Facebook of that wedding, I can say that it's cute.

I traveled different places from Philippines but still I spend my leave credits mostly by going HOME..there's no place like home.

If you have have questions just pm me.

3  Thank EehNnt E

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I took a ride the other day, looking for the Leyte Golf and Country Club. I got lost. I left the main highway halfway between from Ormoc City to Albuera, where the sign says it is. I then drove my Honda Scoopy scooter about 20 minutes. When I realized I wasn't at the right place, I stopped on the hill I was climbing, by a piggery, and asked where was the golf course. The pig guy told me to go back by the church and turn right.
The road is concrete and dirt, depending on the section you are on. The concrete is all right, but when there is no pavement, there are rocks, rocks, and more rocks among the dusty dirt.
When I got back by the church, I turned right onto the right 'road", and it is all rocky dirt from there to the golf course. I understand that funds have been allocated to pave the road to the golf course, but no schedule has been stated yet.
I got to the Golf course, and inquired about the rates. OUCH. I am retired from the USA, and I cannot afford to play golf there. Green fees of 1000PhP, cart rental of 600PhP and caddie fees of 300PhP add up to almost $50 USD. It is owned by a Korean, and I guess they have more money available for such a luxury. But, the view of the grassy golf course is nice, and they have a fabulous view of Ormoc Bay, and other Islands close by.
I chose not to play golf. Instead, I walked around the parking area looking at the amenities, and the property adjacent. I found the owner of that land, and may buy a piece for building a home. At least I can share the view...

Reviewed 5 February 2013

This 18-hole 72-par golf course can only be reached by driving via a gravel road and is partially hidden by sugar cane fields. Needless to say, it is remote but so worth the trouble to get to the place. The course is framed by huge and magnificent acacia trees. On the opposite end of the sugar cane field, the course ends in a bluff where you can view the wide expanse of the Ormoc Bay. The course do have a modest clubhouse where you can rent carts and caddies but you have to bring your own tees and golf balls. They also have small apartment rooms to rent and a swimming pool for their guests to enjoy.

2  Thank MrEdnWilbur