“The Great Bulalo Hangout”
Review of Calle Z Cafe

Calle Z Cafe
Ranked #8 of 79 Restaurants in Tacloban
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Norwich, Connecticut
“The Great Bulalo Hangout”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I always come here for the great bulalo but I always get disappointed for the plain rice that comes along with it, always! It is not cooked the way it should be to partner with that great tasting bulalo. And when I request for garlic rice, the waiter would just say they cannot serve it. That's why I am giving the cafe an average rating instead of a great one as they are depriving me of what should be a great meal!

The place is homey especially if you dine outside in the backyard and there is 'oldies but goodies' music playing. There are instances it takes a long time for the orders to be served specially if it is not bulalo. Well that's a positive sign for me that they really cook fresh my orders but the waiting sometimes irks me.

Would I still visit this? Definitely yes!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank kielwin

Mabalacat, Philippines
“This is the "in spot" in Tacloban. Modern cafe style menu with outdoor patio seating available.”
Reviewed 27 March 2010