“I love this hotel!!”
Review of Hotel Alejandro

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tacloban
Hotel Alejandro
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

The staff were really great, the room was very clean and large rooms. We were there for two nights and food downstairs were delicious and really cheap too! Can't wait to come in 2014. We stayed there from 11/21 & 11/22 of 2012

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Myah W

Reviewed 23 December 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at the hotel just a few days before Christmas.

Pros:
The hotel is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The food and service is also good and reasonably priced. The Christmas decorations were exceptional. Even if one is a non-believer in Christianity they would certainly appreciate the beauty of the decorations and the enormous amount of time and effort put into displaying them. There are several hundred WWII photos on display throughout the hotel since Leyte is the island that General MacArthur landed on to commence his liberation of the Philippines during WWII..

Cons:
We had one major complaint. There is a floor to ceiling size window on each side of the room (see photos). They are made of a white frosted glass and have a salt and pepper color roll up/down shade on them. Even with the shade down The amount of light in the room at night from the hallway ceiling and/or hallway table lamps made it near impossible for us to sleep. The shade made little difference in blocking the light. The larger of the two beds is right next to one of the windows and we had to hang a towel and bed blanket on it to block the light. A drape is very much needed on these windows in lieu of those shades.

Visiting the MacArthur Memorial is best in the early to mid afternoon so that the sun is to your back and on the memorial for the best photos. We also visited the San Juanico Bridge connecting Leyte with Samar.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoholanoJim
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This place is well worth a visit to see the 400-odd photos of World War 2, even if you don't stay here.
My room (111) was on the ground floor not far from the lobby and restaurant, but the free wifi did not work in the room. The furniture and fittings are quite old, but clean and still serviceable. My room had a frosted glass window with no view, and a strong smell of fresh paint. It was not good value at P1675 per night with no breakfast or bottled water.
The restaurant is very expensive; I paid P99 for pancit noodles in a gooey sauce or gravy, and P69 for fresh calamansi juice (I just paid P18 for calamansi juice here in Baguio).
The staff are friendly and smiling, but the WW2 taxi tour they arranged was very expensive at P1500 for two hours. I knew his was too much, but I did not feel well and did not feel like bargaining with other drivers outside. And the driver at least knew the places to go.
Some guests might be delighted with all the Christmas decorations and Christmas carols ( especially White Christmas, Jingle Bells, Silent Night and Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer) playing most of the time, but to me this was a big turn-off and showed how derivative the Filipino culture is, with its diet of hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and doughnuts, and its religion imported lock, stock and barrel (and snow, sleighbells and reindeer) from overseas. This criticism applies to many other hotels as well, and I wish this country could come up with some ideas of its own instead of just copying from overseas. Hoping and praying for wealth and miracles can only divert the country from its real problems of tackling poverty, inequality and corruption.
Please disregard my rating for the fitness centre and room service...I didn't see any fitness centre and didn't use any room service, but could not delete the ratings shown.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Stickman1
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Great decorations for Halloween.
Staff was friendly and accomidating.
Actual room was OK. Not special.
I love that in all the public areas the walls are covered with photos, esp. from Tacloban in WWII.

They are very accomidating with late checkout up till 2PM, if room available.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank islandsoft_2010
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We did not actually stay here because of the price, but we went there to see what Hotel Alejandro was all about. The place is wonderfully taken care of, having its old look still intact even after all these years. The front part of the hotel has all the MacArthur memorabilia, and we found ourselves looking at each and every one.

Although the main part of the hotel looks like a 19th century house, the sides where the rooms are were all built to accommodate even the most modern of guests. The place has a very rustic feel to it, even the lighting during the heat of the sun gives off this homey vibe to it.

The place has friendly staff; especially the guard up front who knew that we were not interested in staying there but still gave us a brief history of the place. Looking inside, there were already christmas decors and one could tell that the place was managed very well. I could not comment on the rooms, but perhaps I would stay here once just to see how it would feel to stay at such a historical site.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank filipinotraveler21
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This hotel is very good it is what you pay for The rooms are clean and comfortable The staff are very polite and helpful in every way
The restrant is excelant food is good staff are great and very profesional Situated in the centre of town it is very easy to get around I would recomend this hotel to any one Trevor and Mari

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor MadPie G
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I and my colleague stayed here for a night thinking this was better than the previous hotel we stayed in. But we were very dissapointed! We thought it was newly constructed. But it was an old building newly renovated. The room could passed as ok-we-don't-have-a-choice- type but the shower?? oh my! it was just like water drippings from a faucet. And i could hear clearly when the other other room would turn on their shower! the worst part is when they turn on theirs, our shower would super slowed down ( if it could get that slower), almost no water! it was terrible.

the only good thing maybe about this hotel is that it's accessible to the city.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business