“my favourite hotel”
Review of Hotel Alejandro

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tacloban
Hotel Alejandro
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed 18 October 2013

how nice it was to go back to alejandro again I have stayed there many times it must be one of the best hotels in tacloban city not too expensive the rooms are clean with good air con and warm water the staff at alejandro are second to none they are great they help in any way they can I have enjoyed the times I have been to alejandro remember to take a bar of chocolate for the counter girls there ha ha

Room Tip: all the rooms are tidy and comfortable there
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank birdmanjing

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is kind of an old hotel but it's able to keep its glamour. Stayed for only three nights and found it very nice overall, at least in the executive room. It's very close to food and other establishments in the city also. Will stay here again next time I go to Tacloban!

Room Tip: Try the executive room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank GlennSC
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights, and we stayed in 3 rooms!! They were all booked when we arrived and had only an executive suite left. We could stay only one night. It was nice, but the refrigerator was a little old. There was no water in the room, but had a bathtub. The second night we moved to a room on the 3rd floor. Because they were booked, there was a wedding and two conferences going on. The place was hopping !! That night we heard the 'boom-boom' of the music from the wedding. Not a quiet night, actually fairly sleepless !! The next day we found out that again they were having a music affair upstairs, and so we invited the desk clerk to come to our room. She heard the base 'boom-boom' and understood clearly that we needed the base turned down. At 9pm, it became quiet. She had talked with the musicians and they complied!!! We were so surprised !! But because of the two nights of noise, they moved us again to the first floor and a quiet room at the end of the hall. What a pleasure!! and the refrigerator was more up to date, nice table and bathroom was slightly smaller, but it was ok. Clean and quiet. We ate all breakfasts there and it was very good. We had 3 dinners there and they were ok. The ambiance was great; staff was very prompt. One meal was a light meal with 3 shrimp and rice. I asked for mashed potatoes, and got only 2 shrimp !! I asked for my third (it was about $2 pr shrimp!!) which was really good. The next night I asked for mashed instead of rice. They brought rice; I asked for my mashed and the waiter returned saying it would be 1/2 hour and an additional cost !! I said that the night before there was no additional cost, and they said they would not charge (but should have). So on this plate I got my beef tips, mashed potaoes and french fries !! They had removed the veggies. I left it alone and ate...I was hungry by now. Overall, th staff was helpful and the food was good. We had checked out other hotels, but chose to stay at Alejandro and were pleased with their service and trying to accommodate us for the 4 nights. I woud recommend this hotel and their food.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmiw
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Great hotel, comfortable rooms, good food, a neat museum too! Reasonable prices, friendly staff, you could not ask for more. The place to stay when in Tac City! Try the pastries in the coffee shop! Yum!

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank fouraces55337
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed here for over a month in various rooms which were all comfortable. Previously some rooms had poor water pressure but they are fixing this. Staff are pleasant and friendly. Excellent little food shop in car park selling restaurant food at great rates. Hotel is always clean and beautifully decorated over the Christmas season. A pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: Choose the suites they are so spacious on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Paulette A
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

I booked on their website and thru their email so when i get there i was told i did bot have a booking.. I was given an attitude stating no one replied to my reservation email and the website has never worked?! Oh really?!! Geez!! I was told to wait till there will be an available room... I went the hell out of there!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Siberianhuskies
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I just remembered to write a review in this hotel as I am used to do whenever I get to travel any place.

Considering the budget and the location,this must be a good choice.

We were here (me and husband) for 2 nights to see the Mac Arthur Park and the San Juanico Bridge right before Christmas of last year 2012.

This hotel did a remarkable decorations.Christmas lights were just nicely done. ( I wonder how much wasted electricity they have used up) .Well,it's christmas time and who cares.

We did our tour using a tricycle which was a big mistakes as it was a back breaking ride.We will not recommend the tricycle to do the San Juanico and other tourist destination but if you are in a tight budget and physically fit, you can do it.You can negotiate the driver as much Php200.00 for 5 hours.

We ate most of our meals here.It is 5 minutes ride to the down town but not much there either.

All the staff were polite.The room was clean and so as the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012