“best seafood restaurant in tacloban”
Review of Ocho Seafood Grill

Ocho Seafood Grill
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Tacloban
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 53 325 4171 http://www.taclobanboard.com/tacloban-restaurants.php
Reviewed 11 March 2014

last time i was there was in june 2013. the food was great and very fresh some came from bacolod.they accept home deliveries too.fast

1  Thank badiday1129
There are newer reviews for Ocho Seafood Grill

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Tacloban is the city destroy by super typhoon Yolanda and the near by town. This restaurant was also submerge due the typhoon. After few month, it's now open. Our group went there to do charity relief in some of the town there. This is a place I ate a year ago. I like the food here. Good food reasonable price. I brought the group over. We had sinigang lapu lapu (grouper) and steam lapu lapu, adobo squid in blood ink, bake scalop, another adoba shellfish and one everlasting kang kong. They are all very good. By the way i remember when I order meat dishes last year, I was disappointed because they were tough. That's why I did not order any meat anymore. This is my opinion.

1  Thank PCT555
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This place was a great find on TripAdvisor. One of the few places to still do a roaring trade. The food was great. We had roast chicken, the grouper in ginger, excellent shrimp, and the spinach was fantastic. The pork skewers and belly are also good. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

This review is being written over two months after typhoon Haiyan. This restaurant is a few of the places that is open and operating as of this week. The once fully stock fresh fish counter is almost non-existent. I noticed a chicken rotisserie in the entrance area of the restaurant. I am sure in time this place will be back to 100 % of operation. The service was very slow. We ordered three rotisserie chickens and I did not bother to ask the price. We were told it would take another hour, we ordered other items that would take less time. We went to the second floor of the building which was empty at the time, within 30 minutes groups of people arrived and suddenly the once empty room became overcrowded. Our food arrived an hour later and the rotisserie chicken arrived in the second hour of our meal. When we received our bill I was shock and surprised of the chicken price almost 400 pesos each. I am sure in a year or two this restaurant willow back to its normal operation. We hope , and sure I will be back.
Back

1  Thank Merlina
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We arrived in Tacloban for my lolo's funeral, dropped our bags at the hotel and then my mum, who caught gastro from my niece, said she's been craving some of Ocho's tinola.
So we drove our car to down town Tacloban then caught a tricycle to Ocho for a late lunch/early dinner. This was on Thursday the 7th of November.

Little did we know that this would be our last hot meal for the next 4 days. The food was excellent, it was my first time there and have always been curious about the place. I saw my family in Tacloban always coming here for parties and functions so have always wanted to check this place out. This place didn't disappoint, it's excellent value for money. The food is cooked to order and it's up to you how you want your seafood cooked.

The day Typhoon Yolanda hit landfall and I nearly drowned, it made me think back to this place & cried some more because I thought that it must have been my last meal the day before.

I hope that someday, this restaurant will rise again, along with the rest of Tacloban City.

1  Thank coolitz