“Great View” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rafael Farms Garden Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Tacloban
Cuisines: Philippine, Barbecue, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tacloban, Philippines
“Great View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

If you want a picturesque view, then Rafael's Farm won't disappoint you. Food is good but the price isn't that cheap. No Globe signal here.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Larissa D

Quezon City
“SECRET PARADISE IN TACLOBAN”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Arriving at Rafael's Farm reminded me much of Sonyas Garden in Tagaytay City with its lush gardens but Rafael's offers much much more such as a small lagoon for a supposed romantic boat ride and more areas for kids to run around in. With its magnificent mountain range background surprisingly the temperature in the place is much cooler than I expected.

This would be a perfect venue for couples who would want to have a memorable garden wedding or a very romantic location for a pre nuptial photo shoot. The farm has a big enclosed airconditioned venue for wedding receptions as well. There were white horses and carabaos roaming freely in the farm and there were different venues/small cabanas where groups can have private lunches or meriendas.

The difference with Sonya's and Rafael's was FOOD SERVED - Sonya offers more healthy food while Rafael's offers both healthy and "sinners" food - try the inihaw na tuna (super good...the best thing we ordered that day), pinakbet, crispy pata and the calamansi juice with atsara (for the refreshing zing in the drink). The menu is complete and has a very wide variety to choose from all the way to dessert, coffee and alcoholic beverages.

I was just disappointed that despite the nets covering the main dining area, there were still numerous flies swarming around our sumptuous lunch. Management has to address this problem as the numerous flies really annoyed me. Also something which disappointed me was the toilets were not in good maintenance and not cleaned well. The toilet's flush was not even working. It was not a good complement to the beauty and the upscale feeling of the place. Repairs need to be done soon to save the places' reputation.

Overall it was a different kind of experience being at Rafael's Farm. Overall the location, views and the food are excellent but the restaurant facility needs much improvement. I hope they improve the maintenance of their facilities better in order to have more excellent reviews in the future.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank PeggyLove
Tacloban, Philippines
“sugar-sweet Anniversary!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

July 28, 2011 marked as my 1st Wedding Aniversary! my hubby brought me to San Juanico Golf club for a lunch, then afterwhich, we drove directly to Rafael's farm since it few kms away- we had desert, mine is Oreo shake which was very delightful..as well as my hubby. we liked it really.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Missy Joy S
Cebu Island, Philippines
“wonderful lunch at Rafael Farm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

i never knew Tacloban has this kind of " Farm". It was so beautiful and very refreshing! the lunch was very great too, very healthy options :) would love to go there again :)

Visited November 2011
1 Thank ivy_lieve
Manila
“Beautiful Garden!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Because I checked Tripadvisor before I booked my flight to Tacloban, this garden restaurant was on my list of places to go. It was a long drive from my hotel, The Oriental but I am curious about the place so we went. I must say the garden was beUtful with a breath taking view of a mountain. They got tree house, a mini water falls and ponds, quite okay but I expected more. After the tour which is a short one, we went to dining room, nicely put together, shabby chic..
So we ordered and the food were served, as fast as the food were laid down the flies were faster and they were a lot. I had to hurry eating and non stop in waving my hand to shoo the flies away other wise, we will be eating a contaminated food, i just wondered, how much flies are there in their kitchen! They should do something about this. The food is okay but I was disappointed!

• Visited August 2012