“trimmed grasses”

Rafael Farms Garden Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Tacloban
Cuisines: Philippine, Barbecue, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Davao Occidental Province, Philippines
“trimmed grasses”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

the place is remotely located north of tacloban. if you are a city boy, it is a place for relaxation or meditation. i was excited to see this place as it is rated as best place to go if you are in tacloban. maybe for a manila boy, the place is impressive, but for us who grow up in the province, the only thing that caught my sight was the trimmed grasses. the foods are expensive in relation to its price. the taste of their humba is not that delicious. my own lutong bahay humba tastes better. another deplorable thing is that their crew (one of them) went to CR to piss a seconds after me. i wash my hand after i squirmed mine. but the crew went straight back to his post without washing his hands/fingers. worst, i noticed that he is preparing table utensils for us. in other words, rafael farm does not have a policy of GMP or a minute prelude to HACCP or any food safety management. they did not stipulate properly their summary of bill. and they did not automatically issue OR after you paid your bill, unless you ask. are they paying the VAT to govt? hehehe

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank saint_ycoy

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The ultimate dining destination in Tacloban...”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

What can I say, I will go back to this place...a restaurant amidst the most beautiful sceneries of the province...calm and awesome...will definitely go back here especially with the tasteful local delicacies at very affordable prices...love the experience.

Visited October 2012
Makati City
“Great place for photo shoots”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Everybody who'd been to Rafael Farms Garden Restaurant would agree that the place is really great- all the plants are perfectly green- no wilting flowers, no yellowing leaves. Fantastic!

We ordered a salad with their house special dressing for appetizer/starter - unfortunately, it was served together with the rest of our order. The generous serving of greens, fruits and other ingredients were served separately from the dressing which is very fine with us as we can take home to my mom the untouched portion. Their house special dressing was really great that i suggested they sell this in bottles.

I ordered my favorite kare-kare. Well, this is good enough but the "bagoong" (shrimp paste) is way too salty. We also ordered their seafood pasta, Lechon Kawali, pinakbet and a fish dish from the menu.

The seafood pasta is very good, my daughters love it; my aunt was very happy with the pinakbet. The fish dish is also good. The lechon kawali is so-so. I don't remember if we had dessert but the lemon grass tea is refreshing! Over-all, lunch is very good.

There are bancas available for use of guests for a minimal fee. Guests can either row on their own or have a staff do the rowing (for a little extra fee). While waiting for the food, me and the girls decided to have a banca ride on the pond around the restaurant; we rowed our rented banca for more fun and adventure. It was a relaxing ride with the ducks keeping us company. The ducks had the wisdom to swim a safe distance from our paddles :)

I only wish the "pier" have railings or steps going down the banca and up and that there were hands to assist the guests in going up the dock after the ride. No one helped us even if we were asking for assistance in going up the platform after the ride. This despite the fact that there were a few male staff nearby, clearly within hearing and seeing distance. I had to grab the post to keep the banca steady while the girls go up; they, in turn, held it steady so i can climb out the banca. I hurt my knee while going up. Tsk-tsk.

After lunch, the girls had fun taking pictures and just lazed around. If there were rooms available, they wanted to stay overnight.

If only for the setting, the long drive to the place is worth it. Am i going back for lunch? I'll have to think about it.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Jane I
manila
“beautiful garden”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

just a few minutes away from the city proper. This place offers peace and tranquility and the very essence of nature. they also serve great food. ull perfectly feel relaxed.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jennifer M
pasig
“You are paying for the ambiance”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Sorry to say, but the food is not that great and it is a bit expensive.

The ambiance is really nice...maybe it is worth paying for it!!!

Even if I say that the food is not that great and it is expensive, this is a must go place when you are in tacloban.

Just stop by and order a coffee. It will be worth it. NIce garden, all about nature. It is a nice experience and don't forget to take picture.

• Visited March 2012