“Very Good!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Tacloban
Luzon, Philippines
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

As with all Go Hotels, this one was within walking distance of a Robinsons Mall which was very convenient. The open lobby of Go Hotels Tacloban was nice and they have a kiosk available there for those who plan to buy treats for their family and friends back home. The staff are very friendly; I had colleagues who felt ill in the middle of the night and some of the staff would go out of their way to buy medicine for them. How cool is that! Tacloban is rich in history and it's nice that they're all accessible with the hotel's transportation service we availed of. Rooms are comfy and restrooms were clean. I looove sleeping in their comfortable beds. It was a nice experience and with all this said it pains me to know what happened in Tacloban recently with the typhoon Yolanda. I saw a post in their website that Go Hotels Tacloban would be closed until further notice but their other provincial hotels in Puerto Princesa, Dumaguete and Bacolod are all open.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chuchuwariwap

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Breckenridge, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We chose to stay here based on their "8 smart reasons to stay" and were very disappointed! The rooms are too small. There is barely enough room to walk around the bed, let alone open your suitcase. The TV is new but very small....my computer has a bigger screen. But I could not use my computer because there was NO INTERNET! They advertise internet but then have no service.
I complained at the desk and was told there are no refunds after you pay. This left us with no choice but to stay here the night. They told me that their service had been down for 2 days, but this was only after I had checked in and tried to use the internet! Since this is one of their "smart" reasons to stay here I think they should have notified us that not all of the services advertised would be available. This would have allowed us to not pay and stay at a better hotel. The only nice thing this place has is it is located next to Robinson mall. But if you plan to buy stuff you will have nowhere in the room to store it. Also, they do not allow food in your room. So plan on eating outside of your room.
I will not recommend this hotel! There are many other options with better service and better prices. Sorry Go Hotel...but I will say Go somewhere else for a hotel!

Room Tip: Look at the room and services before you pay
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Matthew M

Travellers are raving about these Tacloban hotels

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Whenever I travel around the Philippines I always consider Go Hotels as a place to stay for locations where they have a branch. Just recently I stayed in their Tacloban branch. The usual things that most guests like about Go Hotels are still present at their Tacloban branch like the convenient location and affordable rates. Their location is their best selling point. You can go around the whole Tacloban and back to the hotel easily by taking the public transportations. As usual it is just adjacent to a Robinsons mall so finding a place to shop and eat is not a problem at all. In case you got hungry in the middle of the night and not really very choosy about food, there is a nearby 24 hour service eatery where you can have “Tapsilog” and the likes with a beef soup for a very affordable price. However unlike their Cybergate branch in Mandaluyong, this branch is not that well maintained. The room where we stayed has a broken shower and the towels are so old and filthy that we have to buy our own towels at the mall. Though the staffs are courteous enough they need a lot of training. They seem to have no knowledge at all about Tacloban. They don't even know how to provide the right information on how to go around the place.

Another thing is their transportation service sucks. We paid a hefty amount just to ensure that we will have someone to pick us up at the airport and no one came so we have to rent another car at the airport for just 1/5 of the rate we paid to the hotel. We complained at the desk upon arrival and we were just told that it is a third party service provider and they totally have no control about it. When I complained at the transportation desk I did not even got an apology though I was offered to convert the pick-up service to a drop off service to any location in the city. So I took the offer and scheduled a trip at 3:30 PM the same day only to wait another one hour because their car came late again. Again a simple “ we are sorry” should suffice but I never heard it from their desk officer. So if you are planning to avail of their transportation service I would say DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!! First their rate is sky rocketing or should I say RACKETING and they have complete disregard to peoples’ time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JUN O
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed here for 2-3 nights. Its built onto the Robinsons Mall complex so very handy for the shops and cinema, supermarket etc. Its a good base to go explore from.
The staff were friendly and the rooms clean but are on the small side and my suitcase lived on the floor, so more a place to sleep, get ready then go out rather than a sit in the room.

Remote control Aircon worked well and had a ok view out the window, but the main road outside can be busy at times so if that sort of thing annoys you would ask for an internal room or one at the back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Richard uk S
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at this property in early August. I have to say that this is already the best hotel in Tacloban. I stayed at Hotel Alejandro before but it wasn't a very good experience as the hotel was old, the rooms were damp and the sheets used were not hotel quality.;

I shared the room at Go Hotel with an office mate and I have to say that it was quite cramped. We had to move one of the beds in order to be able to open the door. My office mate and I kept saying "excuse me" each time we had to walk over to the bathroom or get something from our luggage and in the end, we started laughing about it.

However, the room was clean, as was the bathroom, the sheets were clean and fresh-smelling, the tv was a flat-screen one and best of all, the air-conditioning worked quite well. I would have to say that those are enough, and I'm one happy camper.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank QCMotherD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Tiny room big enough for a bed and half a suitcase. No fridge or food allowed to be eaten in room. If they made the hallways smaller the could make the rooms much bigger. Aircon worked well. If you want a cheap place with no frills the go for it. If you want more the go elsewhere..

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brad M
Taguig City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Pros: Cheap, clean rooms, nice personnel, Robinson's Place and accessible to a lot of places.

Cons: Room 275 where we stayed for 2 days does not have a lock on the window. I can open the room or even get inside through the window. NO HOT SHOWER! Smoking area is a bit hassle coz you have to go downstairs to the front lobby. Bed sheets were not washed well. LUOM is the best word and it was nauseating!

Don't get me wrong, I definitely will go back. I'm sure this was just an isolated issue.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business