“Good stay at Go Hotels Tacloban”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Go Hotels Tacloban

Go Hotels Tacloban
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Tacloban
Makati, Philippines
“Good stay at Go Hotels Tacloban”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Go Hotels reception area was painted light yellow and olive green. There were two receptionists and 1 security guard. The rooms are at the 2nd floor. We took the elevator up. The elevator was cool because it didn't have buttons and you just need to lightly touch the '2' or 'G' and it will move. Wow! Hahaha. Oh come on, give us a break, it was our first time to see something like that. Promise!

The 2nd floor of Go Hotels is very similar to the corridors of DMCI's resort-type condominiums. Those who live in Tivoli Gardens in Mandaluyong, East Raya in Pasig and East Ortigas Mansion also in Pasig will know what I'm taking about. In each side of the corridor or hallway would be the rooms and in the middle is a big plant box (I don't know what it's called) and the middle of each hallway is not covered so the sunlight easily comes through and lights the path.

The corridors are spacious and you don't see a lot of people hanging around outside of their rooms. There's an area where tables are setup for guests' use. One thing you would really notice here: huge black/brown butterflies flying around. And sometimes they are near your door or window or in this photo, AT your door. I haven't seen butterflies that big, only in museums where they are already dead and framed.

The rooms at Go Hotels are just right. Just right for changing clothes, watching TV, taking a bath and sleeping. Upon opening the door, you will already see the twin beds (or 1 double bed, depending on your request) with a small table & lamp, between them. Big mirrors are above the bed and the TV is a flat-screen mounted to the wall near the door. The beds have two pillows each and very comfortable, comes with a soft white bed sheet to cover yourself if you feel cold. There are no closets here.

The bathroom comes with a spacious sink with mirror, a good steady toilet bowl and a shower area with a good-sized shower head. The room comes with 2 towels and a small soap and one shampoo.

Important TIP: Do not bother closing the glass door of the shower area. It's pretty weak and can break or detach easily. Just to avoid having accidents or breaking something and having to pay for it.

The room itself, for me, is sufficient, practical, clean, nice and it's really a good bargain for the price we paid. The room is good for two people and since we did advanced booking online, we only paid P800 per room per night. That's only P400 per person per night. We stayed for 4 days 3 nights and so we only paid P1,200 each for our Tacloban accomodation.

We went last June 2013. I am not sure how the establishment is right now after Yolanda but I hope it rises up from this difficult time soon. It is a good place to stay in.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jinky G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I'm very particular when it comes to certain accommodations. And if you've read some of my previous lodging reviews, you'll know what usually puts me off. So I definitely felt a renewed feeling upon entering the GO HOTELS lobby in Tacloban City.

My friend and I arrived in Tacloban after a 2-hour trip from Ormoc City. We left Ormoc around 3, and was able to reach Leyte's capital by 5 PM. The trip was tiring considering that I was seated on the shuttle's side by the door. So I had the small reclining seat, without the full back rest. I had several head banging moments as I tried to catch some sleep during our travel. That's why it was so refreshing to finally arrive in Tacloban, and have such friendly faces welcome us into our new abode.

IMPRESSIONS DO LAST

GO Hotel's receptionists were all smiles upon greeting us. And my first impression of them was like they were flight attendants --- only that they worked on the ground. They way they spoke to me was very professional yet charming. The check-in was quite smooth as well. They just verified my details, had me sign some papers, and we were immediately handed with a room key card each. And in just a matter of minutes, Coreene and I were off to our room on the 2nd floor.

A HI-TECH ELEVATOR WILL WELCOME YOU

Other than the impressive, well-lit and big branding on the reception wall, GO Hotels Tacloban also provided a state-of-the-art elevator. Coreene and I actually had a bit of a moment trying to figure out how to push the right button on the lift. It didn't have the usual embossed buttons. It was more like a touch screen of sorts.

A CONTEMPORARY LOBBY AWAITS YOU ON THE 2ND FLOOR

I was pretty amazed as to how the hotel was presented and decorated. We were immediately greeted with a lovely lobby that was gorgeously matched with earth tones. The ceiling had these decorative circles in different colors and sizes as well. And the wooden chairs by the hall were also well-cushioned and very contemporary looking. The chairs plus the center table definitely complemented the entire look of the reception area too.

I actually stayed here right after storing my bags inside our room. So while Coreene freshened up, I sat outside and connected to the free Wi-Fi connection (which was super fast by the way!). From there, I started answering all of my work emails.

One more thing that was nice about the 2nd floor area was that two of its hallways were built with a pop-up garden of sorts. The green plots were definitely a sight for sore eyes, especially for someone like me who's been traveling back and forth Eastern Visayas. The gardens in the center of the halls were also provided with a natural lighting since the ceiling opens up to a transparent roof.

WHAT'S A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP LIKE AT GO HOTELS TACLOBAN?

The first thing that I noticed upon entering our room were the Twin Beds. The look of the whole room definitely looked like the ones posted on their website --- exquisite. I love staying in hotels. So when I got into our room, I knew that I was definitely getting my beauty sleep in this particular one. And mind you... the room was very affordable (budget at least P900 a night for a Twin Room)!

I've reviewed this hotel extensively on my blog budgetbiyahera(dot)com

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank MaiFlores
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My relatives and I booked three rooms here when we came down for my grandfather's funeral. We were impressed with the quality of the rooms and its location. I especially liked the price, I think it's the best value hotel in Tacloban.

Unfortunately, Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan hit 2 days into our stay. We took refuge in the hotel and its staff were commendable in their professionalism despite the devastation that occurred.

To the Go Hotels management, I'd just like to commend your staff at Go Hotel Tacloban for staying behind and ensuring the guests' safety in the midst of a calamity. On the 8th of November, the staff stayed behind instead of rushing back home to their families. They did however check up on their family on Saturday morning the 9th of November but were back in the hotel again before midday. They apologized for not being able to provide the service but were happy to welcome their guests' families to take shelter inside the hotel.

On the night of November 9, they advised their guests that they could no longer ensure our safety and asked if we could evacuate by midday on the 10th. They were right in doing so because you could hear armed looters banging on the doors and trying to push the gates open, perhaps to seek shelter or perhaps to steal from the guests. In the morning of the 10th of November, Sunday... they rode to the airport to submit the names of all their foreign guests so they may be able to get on the Air Force C130 jet. They also wanted to check whether there were flights out of Tacloban. One of their staff came back to advise the guests hence we all began our 2-hour trek to Tacloban Airport.

I hope that someday, this hotel will rise again, along with the rest of Tacloban City.
I would also like to thank the manager for fetching 3 police officers from their posts to help guard the hotel on Saturday night (9th of Nov). Without their presence, I'm sure the people outside wouldn't have hesitated to storm the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank coolitz
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

As with all Go Hotels, this one was within walking distance of a Robinsons Mall which was very convenient. The open lobby of Go Hotels Tacloban was nice and they have a kiosk available there for those who plan to buy treats for their family and friends back home. The staff are very friendly; I had colleagues who felt ill in the middle of the night and some of the staff would go out of their way to buy medicine for them. How cool is that! Tacloban is rich in history and it's nice that they're all accessible with the hotel's transportation service we availed of. Rooms are comfy and restrooms were clean. I looove sleeping in their comfortable beds. It was a nice experience and with all this said it pains me to know what happened in Tacloban recently with the typhoon Yolanda. I saw a post in their website that Go Hotels Tacloban would be closed until further notice but their other provincial hotels in Puerto Princesa, Dumaguete and Bacolod are all open.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chuchuwariwap
Breckenridge, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We chose to stay here based on their "8 smart reasons to stay" and were very disappointed! The rooms are too small. There is barely enough room to walk around the bed, let alone open your suitcase. The TV is new but very small....my computer has a bigger screen. But I could not use my computer because there was NO INTERNET! They advertise internet but then have no service.
I complained at the desk and was told there are no refunds after you pay. This left us with no choice but to stay here the night. They told me that their service had been down for 2 days, but this was only after I had checked in and tried to use the internet! Since this is one of their "smart" reasons to stay here I think they should have notified us that not all of the services advertised would be available. This would have allowed us to not pay and stay at a better hotel. The only nice thing this place has is it is located next to Robinson mall. But if you plan to buy stuff you will have nowhere in the room to store it. Also, they do not allow food in your room. So plan on eating outside of your room.
I will not recommend this hotel! There are many other options with better service and better prices. Sorry Go Hotel...but I will say Go somewhere else for a hotel!

Room Tip: Look at the room and services before you pay
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Matthew M

Travellers are raving about these Tacloban hotels

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Whenever I travel around the Philippines I always consider Go Hotels as a place to stay for locations where they have a branch. Just recently I stayed in their Tacloban branch. The usual things that most guests like about Go Hotels are still present at their Tacloban branch like the convenient location and affordable rates. Their location is their best selling point. You can go around the whole Tacloban and back to the hotel easily by taking the public transportations. As usual it is just adjacent to a Robinsons mall so finding a place to shop and eat is not a problem at all. In case you got hungry in the middle of the night and not really very choosy about food, there is a nearby 24 hour service eatery where you can have “Tapsilog” and the likes with a beef soup for a very affordable price. However unlike their Cybergate branch in Mandaluyong, this branch is not that well maintained. The room where we stayed has a broken shower and the towels are so old and filthy that we have to buy our own towels at the mall. Though the staffs are courteous enough they need a lot of training. They seem to have no knowledge at all about Tacloban. They don't even know how to provide the right information on how to go around the place.

Another thing is their transportation service sucks. We paid a hefty amount just to ensure that we will have someone to pick us up at the airport and no one came so we have to rent another car at the airport for just 1/5 of the rate we paid to the hotel. We complained at the desk upon arrival and we were just told that it is a third party service provider and they totally have no control about it. When I complained at the transportation desk I did not even got an apology though I was offered to convert the pick-up service to a drop off service to any location in the city. So I took the offer and scheduled a trip at 3:30 PM the same day only to wait another one hour because their car came late again. Again a simple “ we are sorry” should suffice but I never heard it from their desk officer. So if you are planning to avail of their transportation service I would say DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!! First their rate is sky rocketing or should I say RACKETING and they have complete disregard to peoples’ time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JUN O
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed here for 2-3 nights. Its built onto the Robinsons Mall complex so very handy for the shops and cinema, supermarket etc. Its a good base to go explore from.
The staff were friendly and the rooms clean but are on the small side and my suitcase lived on the floor, so more a place to sleep, get ready then go out rather than a sit in the room.

Remote control Aircon worked well and had a ok view out the window, but the main road outside can be busy at times so if that sort of thing annoys you would ask for an internal room or one at the back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple