I have no idea why this hotel is number one in Tacloban. Some important points to note if you're considering staying here:
- We booked double rooms but were given very small single rooms. We were not moved to double rooms. When we asked for a refund we were not able to speak to the manager ourselves. The reception staff spoke to him and we were told that we could not have a refund, even though we moved to another hotel for the last few nights of our stay as we were so dissatisfied;
- My room had no outside window, it was barely any bigger than the single bed (I had to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom, see picture), the television was on the wall to the right of my bed so I couldn't sit in bed and watch it without craning my neck sideways, the bathroom ceiling was cracked and was leaking, there were lots of ants in the room, the air conditioning sounded like a train;
- There is wifi but only in the (very very small) reception area;
- The 'shared kitchens' contain one dirty sink and lots of empty cupboards. Don't expect to be able to prepare any food, or even to have access to cutlery or crockery to use for food you've bought;
- It's about a 15 minute tricycle ride to the centre of Tacloban;
- You can only order room service up to 6pm, and they don't have a restaurant in the hotel, they can only order it in from outside;
- It was not good value for money;
- The reception staff are friendly and cheerful. However, in our case, ultimately very unhelpful.
I was not happy with my stay and would warn you against going there. For the last few nights of our time in Tacloban we stayed at the excellent, comfortable Granda Manor hotel. It's more expensive but SO worth it! Checking in there was a huge relief after my experience at Zpad. I'm very disappointed that they did not give us a refund, considering that we did not get the double rooms we booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Zpad Residences Tacloban City, Leyte, Philippines, where all the things you need to relax, enjoy, and take pleasure in come at budget-friendly rates. Our newly opened hotel in Tacloban presents travelers with a great place to stay, offering superb features and various services that ensure a hassle-free vacation. All guestrooms boast a soothing ambience and are designed in such a way that they evoke a sense of inviting warmth - perfect after a day of touring around the city. Each space is equipped with fittings and amenities that provide comfort and convenience every time. Aside from all these, our hotel's location is very much accessible to restaurants, shops, and other establishments, while the Tacloban City Airport is just a few minutes' drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Z Pad Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Z Pad Residences Tacloban, Leyte Island