“A good option in Tacloban”
Review of Z Pad Residences

Z Pad Residences
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Toronto, Canada
“A good option in Tacloban”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were just grateful to find a hotel room in Tacloban when we were there. On our first trip to Tacloban we stayed at the GV hotel and were very glad to arrive at Zpad instead.

The beds were very comfortable and the wifi constant and reliable. My room on the first floor did have a bad odor, which I hope has been addressed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Karen B
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, 25 November 2014

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for your wonderful words about your recent stay here at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team as your words of appreciation never fail to inspire us to be consistent in providing excellent service. Regarding your concern with the foul odor, please be advised that we were able to address and continuously addressing this concern since this is a major problem of some of the areas of the city, the drainage system. But for the part of the hotel, we are really trying our best to eventually fix this problem.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and able to appreciate the services extended by our hotel staff. We are very humbled by your kind words and delighted to know that our guest sees and appreciates all our efforts. Your patronage and loyalty are very important to us.

We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

Fax no.: (+63 053) 520.8888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I arrived during a typhoon and was so happy to see that I still had a reservation at the hotel. My room was spacious, clean and quiet. In much better condition than I expected so soon after the big typhoon in November. The living room and kitchen area had only a table and some chairs but nothing to cook with. Room service is ok, but limited in choices. There is a Jollibee at the end of the street and several local cafes nearby. The hotel is a ways from the down town area and way to far to walk. The receptionist was extremely nice and tried to get me booked either there or at another place 10 days later with no luck. Everything was solidly booked for weeks. I appreciated their trying. This is the best place near the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Iamalwayslost
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, 5 June 2014

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for your wonderful words about your recent stay here at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team as your words of appreciation never fail to inspire us to be consistent in providing excellent service. Regarding your concern with our breakfast, I am very glad to inform you that we are on the process of revising our breakfast menu for more options and all day breakfast cravings.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have no idea why this hotel is number one in Tacloban. Some important points to note if you're considering staying here:

- We booked double rooms but were given very small single rooms. We were not moved to double rooms. When we asked for a refund we were not able to speak to the manager ourselves. The reception staff spoke to him and we were told that we could not have a refund, even though we moved to another hotel for the last few nights of our stay as we were so dissatisfied;

- My room had no outside window, it was barely any bigger than the single bed (I had to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom, see picture), the television was on the wall to the right of my bed so I couldn't sit in bed and watch it without craning my neck sideways, the bathroom ceiling was cracked and was leaking, there were lots of ants in the room, the air conditioning sounded like a train;

- There is wifi but only in the (very very small) reception area;

- The 'shared kitchens' contain one dirty sink and lots of empty cupboards. Don't expect to be able to prepare any food, or even to have access to cutlery or crockery to use for food you've bought;

- It's about a 15 minute tricycle ride to the centre of Tacloban;

- You can only order room service up to 6pm, and they don't have a restaurant in the hotel, they can only order it in from outside;

- It was not good value for money;

- The reception staff are friendly and cheerful. However, in our case, ultimately very unhelpful.

I was not happy with my stay and would warn you against going there. For the last few nights of our time in Tacloban we stayed at the excellent, comfortable Granda Manor hotel. It's more expensive but SO worth it! Checking in there was a huge relief after my experience at Zpad. I'm very disappointed that they did not give us a refund, considering that we did not get the double rooms we booked.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Laurajane999
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, 3 June 2014

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We truly appreciated your open and honest feedback about your experience. I am very much concerned about your comments pertaining to our facilities and services. I felt very sorry that I wasn't able to discuss this matter personally to you. Upon reading your concerns, I immediately had a thorough investigation and asked the concerned departments. And to discuss this further, please be informed that we do not facilitate refund unless force majeure but we can have it re booked. I truly understand that you booked for a twin or double rooms but since we do not have available twin or double room, we gave you two single rooms instead and with this I really apologize. Also please be advised that we have a very good internet connection now since we were able to change our service provider in order to provide a fast and reliable connection. The room problems such as the leaking and AC sounds, I am very glad to inform you that we were able to fix those as part of our maintenance. With regards to the room service. kindly note that we have 24 hours room service since we do not have restaurant on site. And lastly, if in any case you need silverware and flatware, these are all available upon request from the room service.

We would like to express our heartfelt apology for any inconvenience you had during your last stay with us. Rest assured that we would immediately implement improvements on our services to ensure that your next stay will be more satisfactory and pleasurable. We will share these vital comments to the rest of the team. Please feel free to contact us at your most convenient time should you have suggestions on anything to make your next stay with us a more delightful experience.

We also appreciated your high rating to our staff and we truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more. On behalf of the management, we are looking forward in welcoming you again!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Yes, the hotel was damaged by Typhoon Yolanda (Hiayan) but this doesn't explain some of the critical problems with this hotel.

Bedrooms (secure) are clustered around a living room and kitchen, however there is no appliances or equipment in the kitchens, not even a refrigerator or a kettle. Given the location - a bit out of town - and the absence of places to eat (the hotel does not have a restaurant) it would make sense to be able to cook.

There is room service but beware if you don't/can't eat eggs; that doesn't actually leave many other options. The first time through my room was fine; the second time the room was no bigger than a broom closet (making it necessary to climb in and out of bed from the foot of the bed). In this room, the shower was over the toilet. Seriously.

Having said all that though, the bed was very comfortable and the staff very helpful. Wifi was intermittent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank HoJo_Guest

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

The problems that you've mentioned in your response have been reviewed thoroughly and given corrective actions already. To discuss this further, please be informed that we do not provide kitchen equipment since we do not have the facilities for cooking inside the suites, however, if in any case you may need something to be reheated or food to be stored in the fridge, our room service can accommodate such services. With all fairness to your concerns, I would like to inform you that we already set-up an electric kettle inside the room for convenience and revised our breakfast menu with different options to satisfy your breakfast cravings. For the WIFI, I am also grateful to inform you that we were able to changed our service provider since most of the time this is our major concern especially when there's an internet fluctuation.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights with a couple of friends at the Zpad Suite. Was assigned at the 3rd floor the first 2 nights. Spacious living room, new furniture, clean bathrooms, great rooms although one of it is small enough just for a bed. Cons: kitchenette area is basically just cabinets and a sink. Nothing else you can do. (No refrigerator etc). When we decided to stay for another 2 nights, we were assigned at the 2nd floor suite. Almost the same layout but the room smelled bad.

All in all, I'd say that this place is still a great place to stay at plus the staff are wonderful and very accommodating.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank beyondseventeen
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, 23 January 2014

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Regarding your concern with the common kitchenette, please be advised that certainly we do not don't have the facilities for cooking and the sole purpose of the kitchenette is for the convenience of our guests if in any case they want to use the facilities for dining, however our room service can accept reheating and storing of perishable goods to our fridge. Second, is the smell of the bathroom, I must admit that this is one of our major problems; however, I am glad to inform you that we already fixed this concern.

Best regards,

heretown
Reviewed 23 November 2013

the drainage was the problem. the whole place smelled like a dead rat. i booked and paid ahead so i could not get my money back or any better or comparable room switch. when they offered to switch me , it was to a much smaller room and the bathroom was way too small. even for my small Filipina wife.
they said they were going to fix the problem , so we switched to the small room for the night, and maintenance never did arrive to fix the problem, so we switched back to the smelly room. it was the only choice we had.

I spent 20 thousand pesos for a week there, and of course I would never go back, unless they gave me a free stay to make up for this terrible room. about I have done much better last time in Tacloban. The ZPAD is a bad deal all around, and the Manager never came to address my complaint, the only people I could talk to , were the staff, that were to young and just didnt know much about customer service or value for money

20,000 pesos for a smelly room is the worst deal I have had in the Philippines, and I have been here for 16 years and have traveled all over, Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao

Like I said, the Manager could have made it right, by offering me a discount, fixing the problem, or finding me a decent room. I am pretty sure that would have happened where I'm from. The good ol USA!

Anyway, God Bless the People of Tacloban. I made my donation to help the hurricane survivors and we are going back on monday to help out in the City of Tacloban. I dont know where we will stay, but I would rather camp outside and pitch a tent then pay 20 thousand to ZPAD again. I can find some fresh air under the stars

Thanks for reading, Disgruntled Zpad customer

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chubs H
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, 2 June 2014

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. However, I felt very sorry upon reading your concerns. I truly understand your disappointments and as much as I want to talk to you to discuss this matter, regrettably I didn't have any chance, with this, I am really sorry. I already investigated this matter and told my staff that whatever concerns/problems that our guests might be discussed, it should always be escalated to me immediately so I can address it better. To discuss it further, your concern is one of our major problems before, this is because of the drainage system which is one of the common problems of the city. But I am really glad to inform you that we were able to fix this problem already.

These kind of comments are very important to us. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. We are hoping that this doesn't stop you from visiting and staying with us again. I am really certain that you'll have a great stay with us this time. Should you need to discuss this further, I a more willing to assist you. Just send your concerns to my e-mail address at jerick.florano@zpad.com.ph

On behalf of the management, we are very sorry and we are looking forward in welcoming you again!

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I would never regret choosing Zpad over GoHotels.. I know that the room is quite small but everything else is big!! Big in service, cleanliness, in value!!

All of their staff are friendly, superb sleeping experience and the place is so clean.. The location is an advantage for me since it's not n the main road so the area is quiet.. People in Tacloban are friendly so no issue with security..

I won't think twice staying there again if ever I'll be in Tacloban again!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank ZaiSacs
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Z Pad Residences, responded to this review, 6 November 2013

Greetings from the hippest hotel in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Z Pad Residences. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. We are Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. Also, we appreciated your high rating to most of our facilities, amenities and services.

Best regards,