“Lot of potential, but.....”
Review of Hotel XYZ

Hotel XYZ
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This review is being written over two months after typhoon Haiyan. I visit my family in Leyte once a year around January/February timeframe. I never had a need to stay in a hotel - because I always stay with my sister. This trip is different. My sisters house has no electricity yet. I had to make this impromptu trip for my mothers funeral. It has been raining for several days.
The hotel staff are very accommodating, and prompt to answer any questions and concerns. The hotel is clean. I particularly like the bathroom and the showers. The wifi is available throughout the whole building, not super fast, but reliable. There is also a restaurant on the first floor which is super convenient. Now for the "but:" my room was 501; no elevator, the door has to be manually open by a staff with an actual key; no warm/hot water, the glass wall was leaking from the rain. If the "but's" don't bother you, then this is the place. It is a cute little hotel with clean rooms. Hopefully if I ever need to stay here, they will have a vacancy, and they have a working elevators and auto room entry, because it has plenty of potential.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Merlina
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel XYZ. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. Also, we appreciated your good ratings to our facilities and services.

Upon reading your review, I noticed that you have other concerns with regard to your stay and to discuss these further please be informed that all concerns were being noted. With regards to the manual key usage and leaking of the room; please be advised that his particular room is one of the rooms that was damaged by the typhoon, however, as of this moment we are having the repair of the said room. Second is the elevator,which was also damaged by the tragedy; but I am glad to inform you that the elevator is under repair already which will be accomplished, hopefully within 2 months.

We truly value your comments as these will help us improve on our services more.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I'm one of those who have lived in Tacloban City in some point of my life but is working outside the Philippines. When typhoon Haiyan battered the city where I studied, I was one of those who cried of the tragedy that happened in a place that hold special memories in my heart. The destruction took place on November 8 and all of us were asking when can Tacloban be on its feet again.

I went back for my Christmas holidays to the Philippines, and I made sure I went back to Tacloban at least for a 2-day trip for me to see the ground zero situation myself, something that cannot be completely done by TV news and internet stories. Before I flew in there, I made sure that I have a hotel to stay as most friends and relatives houses are still without electricity.I managed to book Hotel XYZ, to my surprise as I was thinking there are probablyno establishments back to normal business.

When I arrive at the hotel, I was amazed how fast they have recovered. As I was checking in, there were other guests arriving, some UNCHR agent who used to work in Croatia, and another man who I believe is a photographer who used to be in Kosovo, warn torn areas 20 years ago. I overheard them talking in the lobby. I was glad to see an international community staying in the same hotel as myself.

The ambiance is simple but furnished with trendy furnitures and the color selection, I just love it. I'm in the paint industry so I love the colors combination of the walls, the furnitures, etc.I remember coming here last June 2013 coffee at the lobby, they had some nice coffee selection, hot and cold, but the cafe is still closed due to lack of personnel to operate the Illy outlet. At the far back of the cafe is the Chinese restaurant where I had my lunch, Well, Chinese food is good everywhere. And in this city where there aren't many restaurants re-opened their businesses, this Chinese restaurant is perhaps a good alternative.

My room was cozy and comfortable. One thing I'm particular about hotels is the quality of the beddings and the towels. Here you are pampered. The pillows and the bed is great comfort whole night, and the towels are the thick high quality white types. The bathroom mirror has a built in heater so when I showered there was no irritating condensation on the mirror. It took me a while to find out what's the tiny red light on the right bottom of the mirror.

There is a flat screen TV, there is free coffee and tea in the room. The coffee sachet 3 in 1 is good, the brand is BEN. It tasted good.

I always come to Tacloban city every year and I'm sure I will be here again. It's located right at the downtown area, very accessible, and when everything comes to normal, I'm sure Hotel XYZ is priority choice for all travellers to Tacloban City.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FreeradicalGreg

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel XYZ. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. Also, we appreciated your good ratings to most of our facilities, amenities and services.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I love art-inspired hotels. They just make the stay more interesting from how the room is designed up to the place where we had our breakfast. Staff very courteous, professional, upbeat. Regardless of time, they always look fresh and vibrant. Hope there will be more art inspired hotels like this.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank janettetoral
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Considering the location, Hotel XYZ was a pleasant surprise! The staff is quite young and obviously well trained. We specified a room with windows and got one even if the view was not really pretty. Room is clean and rather odd shaped; a table would have been nice. Amenities have to be requested. Food is good and is locally patronized; service can be improved - maybe install buzzer to call attention. The Sto. Nino church is five minutes' walk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel XYZ. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. Also, we appreciated your good rating to most of our facilities.

I just noticed that you have other concerns with regard to the request of amenities; please be informed that the amenities such as personalized toiletries are the usual set-up inside the room which should be replenished everyday, but for the bottled water and the complimentary coffee set; these are on the first day of stay only. To discuss further, I must admit that as a newly open hotel we are still on the process in improving more of our services especially our restaurant and currently, we are doing some training for the whole staffs.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

The rooms were small but ee new this from trip adviser
the room features worked
how ever avoid the breakfast the staff are un helpful
slow service and to interested in charging for a orange but forgetting the coffee and getting the food very slow

• Stayed: October 2013
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel XYZ. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. However, upon reading your concerns I became upset and worried of what you have experienced during your stay with us. To discuss it further, please be informed that all of our rooms are having the right standard measurement which is good for two (2) persons and I must admit that as a newly open hotel we are still on the process in improving more of our services especially our restaurant. As of this moment, we already had the management's action plan with these kind of concerns you've shared with us

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The hotel looks better on photo. I think the rooms were so tiny...pretty cramped. There's barely any space between the wall where the tv is mounted and the edge of the bed. The rooms do have a modern touch to it with features such as lighting. I hate that the bathroom door is a see-through glass. (Like, seriously?) So disappointed that the features listed on their website are actually not yet available. No, they dont have any pool nor a pool bar. They don't offer laundry service either, You have to cross the street for laundry service. The website info is just misleading. I hope they fix the content of their webpage and actually advertise what they have and not what they will eventually offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ianne00

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel XYZ. Please accept our apology & rest assured that this is not normal to our level of service. We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and to stay with us in the near future. We will continue to strive in improving our guest experience to exceed your expectations.

I felt sad to read all your concerns regarding your stay with us. And to discuss further all of these, please be advised that all of our rooms have the standard measurement that is good for two (2) persons and with regards to bathroom glass doors, these are all designed to showcase modernity and chic ambiance of the guestrooms. And lastly, we are certain that there is a pool and laundry/valet service posted on the website however, we also indicated that these are soon to offer especially the outdoor pool since this facility is still under construction which eventually to be offered probably on the first quarter by next year.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I was really impressed at this hotel I went back and stayed for another night. Love the carpeted floors, the small yet cozy and elegantly decorated rooms.
The service was okay, nothing special but the staff will learn in the long run.
I wish there are more hotels like this all over Samar & Leyte.
I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future, hopefully they're able to maintain the beauty of the place.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Rico T

Greetings from the newest hotel Xperience in Tacloban City!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hotel XYZ. We are always delighted to read the positive experiences of our guests. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team and rest assured that all key points of comments and suggestions will be given a high regards. Also, we appreciated your rating to most of our facilities, amenities and services.