“Charming little inn hidden in the city”
Review of Rosvenil Pensione

Rosvenil Pensione
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Tacloban
Makati, Philippines
“Charming little inn hidden in the city”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

One can easily overlook this place. I discovered this pensionne on the Web, while looking for a cheap place to stay in Tacloban for a business trip. Yes it's cheap, with a single room less than 1 thousand bucks. The front of the inn is an old house, where the registration counter is. There are also a couple of old rooms there, which I think would be the fan rooms. But looks too confined and dark. Good thing they have a new wing, which has charming wrought-iron(esque) balconies. The room I got was small and cramped, but adequate for my needs. There's TV with enough cable channels to lull you to sleep, and the aircon works well. No breakfast served, but the cool restaurants are a walk or a tricycle ride away. Perfect place for those on a budget.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new wing, which is away from the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

I booked into one of the matrimonial rooms,for just under 1000 pes. it's quite OK !
Staff not exvessively friendly but the place seems well run and has a pleasant atmosphere.There's a new wing under construction and a small restaurant next door.
All in all,a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank qreghix
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 18 August 2012

the hotel facilities was ok but only to find out that you have no safety inside. My money was stolen while I was out running. The room boy first asked me if im going to check out, I said no. Then I went and had fun outside. when I came back aorund 11am I realized that my bag was already open and that I lost my cash inside. I then look for my laptop and my jewelris,, goood thing I have kept them out of the burglars sight. I reported the said incident to front desk and unfortunately no one not even the manager talked to me. I couldn't get angyr to the crew as they are not the on the decisions and another bad thing is that they talked in their dialect of which i cannot understand..may you improve the next time around and pay me what I lost

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank kkai13

Travellers are raving about these Tacloban hotels

Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Comfortable and very cheap. The room was clean with a comfortable bed. The bath had a shower that had just warm, not hot, water. The staff were very polite but with 2 of us staying in the room we were only given 1 towel each day and had to ask for an additional one every day. We stayed for 3 nights then 3 more later the next week....same result on both stays. We always had to ask for a second towel.
The restaurant next door was great with good food and very decent prices. They will even do room service for no extra charge...very nice.
The only real downside is they do not take reservations, it is first come first serve. So we did an advance payment to hold a room on our return and this worked just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Matthew M
Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2011

A group of us were there for 3 days and found it a great choice. Rooms were clean, beds fine, and friendly staff. It's not the Hilton but nor was the price. By the way, the restaurant next door was tops for a great feed at a budget price.

Room Tip: Book early as it was always full.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Freddy4fun
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 25 May 2011

my 3 sisters and i stayed in 2 adjacent rooms and we had the same horrible experience. we did not get much sleep when we were attacked by spirits who were obviously pissed off with guests staying at their hotel. but when we discussed this with the hotel staff the next morning, they looked like they did not know anything about it and just shrugged their shoulders about the matter. im telling you, im not open to a third eye or whatever you want to call it...but i did have a bad experience, same with my sisters. and we definitely wont recomment for others to stay there and have the same experience we had.

• Stayed June 2010
7 Thank duoaifa
Covina, California
Reviewed 16 April 2011

The owner of the Pensione is my wife's cousin. We were given a room on the first floor and the room was a pleasant surpise. A large kingsize bed, airconditioned room, hot water shower. My brothers and sister who live in Tacloban was surprised when they saw our room.
True we got the room for free, but I made discreet inquiry about the price and it was someplace in the $10.00 range.

I would definitely recommend this Pensione. Clean, good service and a closeby eatery not too good but good enough.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple