“Great little place to stay in Pushkin near the Catherine Palace”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Natalie

Hotel Natalie
Ranked #2 of 13 Pushkin B&B and Inns
Quebec City, Quebec
“Great little place to stay in Pushkin near the Catherine Palace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I was invited to St Petersburg to visit the nearby agricultural university in Dec 2013 and my hosts booked me into this hotel. It is in a safe, residential area within walking distance of shops, restaraunts and the Catherine Palace. Though I was always with my hosts, it felt like a very safe and tranquil area versus downtown St Petersburg. My hosts were young females and they both walked everywhere on their own. It is located a good 20 min from central St Petersburg and I was driven by colleagues - I don't know how useful the metro system is.
The hotel has a great restaraunt area with a simple but very good selection for breakfast. I am surprised at the grumpy comments here regarding the food - relative to North American chains, this hotel is far more pleasant interns to the ambiance and food quality!
The room is small but functional with great lights, lots of storage and a modern albeit tiny bathroom. Impeccable! My only complaint is that some of my dirty towels were taken and not replaced even after going without for several days - I didn't ask the front desk for replacements as most of the workers did not speak my languages (English, French) and I am not functional in Russian. It was weird to me that the superbly cleaned rooms ere not checked to ensure that the basic towels were not replaced - since there was only a bath mat, bath towel, hand towel and facecloth - which is sufficient but necessary - I wish that I didn't need to ask for assistance on such a basic thing. That said, I was jjust too tired in the evenings to ask the front desk...
Still, the hotel is great and highly recommended." For a lovely stay in the Pushkin area.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Spzjlb

Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I was on business in Pushkin and the hotel was recommended to me. It is a good hotel, with excellent facilities better than I expected, spa, bowling to name some of the things to do. My room was on the small side and there was no shampoo in the bathroom. The hotel has good wifi which for me is very important. It is a clean hotel with friendly staff,a small challenge is some of them had no English. The food was very good and the bar has a friendly and convivial atmosphere.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DublinIrelandPeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, whilst touring Russia. Warm reception and clean rooms. There are lots of great facilities at the hotel including spa and small pool. There is also a bowling alley! Be warned that there isn't a lift, but represents good value for money in russia. Ask for a room away from the road as this can get very busy and noisy very early on the morning.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank AnnieClarke1979
Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed in a family room in the old part of the hotel. Our room had a comfortable double bed and also a sofa, a fridge, a safe, minibar, WiFi, a TV (with only Russian channels) and an OK bathroom. The room was on the first floor facing the street and we also had a balcony with a table and a couple of chairs. The traffic was quite loud also late at night as the road seems to have some through-traffic. There is no air-conditioning so we had to leave a window open at night as it was quite warm when we were there. There is also a fan if you prefer the noise from a fan. The staff was very friendly and helpful but some of them spoke very little English. The breakfast was OK but not much more and you could also have lunch and dinner in the restaurant. The location is very good if you want to visit the palaces - they are within walking distance. There are a couple of minimarkets not far away from the hotel and also a department store and some other small shops. There is a spa in the hotel which we never went to but there were bathrobes in the room which were nice to cuddle up in. If I go back to Pushkin I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kristina K
Moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

This nice hotel is situated in 5-10 minutes slow walk to Ekaterininsky park and palace and 20 minutes to Alexandrovsky palace. It has a car parking in its yard, nice spa center with 3 different saunas and swimming pool (it was included into room price for us). Also room price includes breakfast that is not something special but quite ok for a morning meal. Rooms are not too big, but contain everything you need - TV, safe, fridge, wardrobe and sofa. Price is quite average for Saint Petersburg. Plenty of different cafes are situated in a walking distance. Receptionists are very friendly and ready to give you advices about places to go. What is good about the location - it is quiet during evenings (in contrast to many touristic places in big Saint Petersburg), it is in about 30-40 minutes drive to Peterhof with its fountains and also 20-30 minutes drive to the center of Saint Petersburg (without traffic jams).
I would recommend it to those who travels with kids by car - you are not too far from everything, you are not disturbed by loud crowds and kids would love spa.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank TMN_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pushkin
Hotel Katharina Hof
#1 of 2 in Pushkin
Park Hotel Potemkin
#2 of 2 in Pushkin
Hampton by Hilton St. Petersburg...
#106 of 334 in St. Petersburg
Ekaterina
#1 of 13 in Pushkin
Friedental Mini-Hotel
#3 of 13 in Pushkin

Been to Hotel Natalie? Share your experiences!