“Some good but some not”

Sang's Asian Cuisine
Price range: US$15 - US$33
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Asian Cuisine
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Mix of Thai and other SE Asian food. We ordered dumplings and the sticky pork from the specials menu. Both were delicious. Mains were chicken green curry and beef Penang. Green curry was nice but Penang was ordinary. Something seemed funny with it like the meat was salty. I love Thai and it's my favorite food and I've visited Thailand many times and I left my plate of curry fairly full :(
Service staff were lovely and friendly.

1  Thank Dashby_18

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We ate at Sang's on a Friday night when the place was buzzing and had a fantastic meal. Great dumplings were followed by a green curry, Pad Thai and pork belly with ginger and shallots, served with great roti. We couldn't fault any dish and manfully rose to the challenge of finishing everything. Service was cheerfull and efficient, and the prices were very reasonable. All up, a great meal.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My family an I had dinner there last Friday, an it was absolutely devine. We had the pad thai noodles, my son loved he is 10 years old. My husband had the red duck curry, he says it is the best curry he has tasted. Highly recommended! We shared the Moololabah Singapore Chilli Prawns, which is the current special, the prawns were so succulent and juicy. The service was excellent the staff made the whole experience a memorable one. They were warming, attentive and pleasant. We came back an got the same dishes for takeaway. It was very on par with what we had dine in. Great food!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Based on a wonderful take away meal from Sang's a few years back, we tried it again but it was not what we remembered. The meals all had veg, that really were essentially raw, and a muddled sauce that was far too similar for 3 meals: pad Thai, garlic/ginger tofu stir fry, and duck. The seasoning on the duck was somewhat bland. The duck itself over done. Place was pleasant and staff nice when we picked up order. Maybe it was just a bad night, but it was not cheap and we threw away the leftovers.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We visited Sang's last Friday night food and service very good we enjoyed our meal. My husband asked for the bill and as it was not brought to the table paid at the counter after payment was made was asked if he required a receipt to which he replied he did. On checking the bill next morning noticed a surcharge. On enquiry at Sang's was told it was Nambour Show Day and that was the surcharge never at any time were we informed of a surcharge which is very disappointing as we were visitors to the area we were not aware
The show was happening.

jhcvanderlinde, Manager at Sang's Asian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you for visiting our restaurant and letting us know you enjoyed our food and service. Unfortunately, due to paying double time and a half on public holidays, we regrettably put on a surcharge. This surcharge is mentioned on all menu's, and on Nambour show day, our local show day, we also had a blackboard in front of the entrance to our restaurant, informing our guest of the surcharge. I agree with you that the different dates around Australia for local show days are confusing everyone.