In general, this is a great resort. The outside gardens and pool area have been very well maintained, as is the complex itself with free undercover parking.
It is in a terrific location opposite the Alexandra Headland Surf Club where you can grab a quick bite from the kiosk including a really good coffee or a proper meal in the restaurant. There are quite a few fast food places around the resort but if you're not into fast food, you will need to go to Mooloolaba or Maroochydore. There are also quite a few closed down restaurants so I'm not sure what that's about, just looks untidy.
Oh, we did go to the Alex Bar and Grill on Fri night where I had the best chicken wings ever (with spicy plum sauce if you're interested) but I wouldn't recommend it for families as it was really noisy (could have been due to Anzac Day but the music was deafeningly loud).. too loud for this old dog..
- Fantastic pool areas.. one of the best I've seen in ages.. a couple of slides for the kids and plenty of room for all ages to swim around without being on top of each other.. my 5 year old son told me it was the best pool everrrrrrr..
- Great BBQ area and terrific play area in the shape of a boat next to each other
- Good sized rooms and particularly the outdoor courtyard in Room 218. Would be great if you had a baby/toddler as they can crawl around and it is totally enclosed. It also has access to the pools down some steps.
- Has good kitchen and laundry facilities.. the laundry and dishwashing powders were a good touch
- The main bed was VERY uncomfortable. It really needs to be upgraded.
- The main cane lounge is very dated and uncomfortable. Needs to be tossed.
- The air-con outside the main bedroom was noisy
We only stayed 2 nights and I did let the front office staff know when we were leaving as we weren't in the rooms long enough. Obviously this room has not yet been upgraded. I strongly suggest you let the owner know, they are not doing you or themselves any favours by not upgrading.
We would look forward to returning when the rooms have been upgraded and would be able to get a decent nights sleep in a comfortable bed as the facilities and location are terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located just across the road from the beach and designed around a 150m tropical lagoon pool, BreakFree Alexandra Beach offers a great location for great value in the heart of the Sunshine Coast. BreakFree Alexandra Beach has a range of accommodation options for you to choose from including Studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments, all with air conditioning, balcony or terrace, cable TV, hair dryer and laundry (an extra person rate applies for use of the sofa bed). If pool views are what you are after, then spend a little more and book a 1 or 2 Bedroom Pool View Apartment or even a 3 Bedroom Penthouse. This resort offers a great position along with onsite facilities to keep you and the kids entertained. With two heated pools and spas, a waterslide, gymnasium, childrens playground and BBQ facilities, you will always have plenty to do. Alexandra Headland, known by the locals as 'Alex', is a small coastal community complemented by the soothing rolling surf and inviting beaches. This Sunshine Coast town is also fringed by Mooloolaba, Buderim and Maroochydore with a superb coastal sweep to the north and bush setting foothills to the west. BreakFree Alexandra Beach is the right choice for your next Sunshine Coast getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Hotel Alexandra Headland