“Very Disappointed”

Oaks Seaforth Resort
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Booked and paid extra $37 per night for a one bedroom family ocean view room 6 weeks ago., because we particularly wanted an ocean view. Arrived just after reception closed so couldn't see anyone then. Our ocean view turned out to be views of other peoples lounge rooms, no ocean view what so ever. Spoke the people at the reception the next morning who said "you have to book a one bedroom family ocean" which I explained we did and showed her the invoice. Never did we get a sorry or the offer of anything to make us feel better about our stay. I had to ask for a refund which when we were checking out they told us they could refund us $20 per night, on complaint they up it to $25 per night. What sort of sorry is that, I and my friends that have been there previously will never go back. Rooms were nice but didn't enjoy looking across at other peoples loungerooms and cluttered balconies.

Room Tip: Don't expect to get what you book and pay for.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Karen H
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your disappointment with your stay with us recently. We do apologise for what you experienced whilst staying at our resort. We appreciate your feedback, as with comments such as yours we can improve any shortfalls we may have to provide excellent service and a high standard product to our guests.
We pride ourselves on our return guests; unfortunately on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologise again for the unsatisfactory experience you encountered whilst staying with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance with any matter.
Thanks and kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Slovak first
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The only awesome thing was the view.
we stayed in penthouse which was dirty & outdated. Bed was like cardboard outdoor furniture rusting. Pub down below noisy all night. Pool area was nice. Staff were not overly happy. Lifts old & scary.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank MadonnanDale R
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback regarding any cleaning issues and I will ensure that this area is revisited with all staff concerned. The Resort is finalising preparations for a full make over in rooms. This will see all furniture replaced new drapes, carpets etc. The new furniture we have had designed especially for this resort by interior designers. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have just returned for 4 day stay at the Oaks Seaforth at Alexander Headland. My room was excellent, clean, the view over the pool was beautiful. The reception staff were friendly and were the grounds and house keeping. I have been staying with the Oaks Group for some years and have always been pleased with their presentation. 4 Stars to Oaks for this resort.
I will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the apartment. We have passed on your comments to our team and certainly thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind Regards
Kathryn Thompson
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The Kids & I thought it would be nice to spend the weekend up at the Sunny Coast for Fathers day (spoil dad).
We can't fault the location, Alexandra Headland is beautiful, kids loved the beach and nearby parks.
Apartment a little disappointing the lounge was so old and tatty it even had a hole in the arm.
Balcony chairs and table non matching and beginning to rust (which being so close to the ocean you would expect some of this) however, these chairs are on the verge of breaking 1 was actually broken.
The bed in the main room needs to go.
Iron board broken (rusted)
I understand these apartments are privately owned, however this room should perhaps not be SOLD until these small things are fixed/replaced.
with the above mentioned replaced this would be a great lil apartment.
This review is based on 1apartment, maybe the other apartments are the same maybe not.?.

• Stayed August 2013
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the apartments. I am sorry that the overall standard did not meet your expectations. We are currently embarking on a refurbishment programme for our apartments. We are aiming to lift the overall standard by modernising these rooms and bringing them inline with the 4 star standard of Oaks vision. I will certainly take all your comments into consideration and I thank you for them.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Great gardens, pool & location.

Room needs refurbishment & a good clean such as a good vacuum to pick up previous tenants crumbs. Needed to ask for decent pillows. Pillows were flat and not supportive or soft in anyway. Bed sagged and we could feel springs - time for a replacement to prevent a bad nights sleep.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was the worst place I do not recommend! The staff where rude and service definitely 1 star!! As for the room 2 star easy. Paint pealing off walls only one tv in lounge area. They do not refill soaps or shampoos and never tidy room. Would of been better to stay in a caravan park. The bed was like something you find on the side of the road.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Liza1976
Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am sorry that the overall standard did not meet your expectations. We are currently embarking on a refurbishment program of our rooms which will see all furniture, carpets, paint etc replaced. We are aiming to lift the overall standard by modernising these rooms and bringing them inline with the 4 star standard of Oaks vision. As we are a Serviced Apartment operator the majority of our rates are un-serviced and this is reflected in a lower nightly rate. We do have fully serviced rates available where housekeeping attend to the apartment every day however we find that in the majority of cases guests prefer a lower nightly rate in lieu of extra housekeeping services. Both un-serviced and serviced rates are displayed for each guest to make up their own mind depending upon their individual needs. As part of our refurbishment program it is planned that we will be installing a TV in the main bedroom. I will certainly take all your comments into consideration and I thank you for them.
Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Open the front door of the unit and admire the clean fresh bright surroundings, the tasteful furnishings, the glorious sunny balcony, the sea views along the coast to the north, two people in a hurry to get changed for a conference dinner. .... two bathrooms, one small cake of soap. Two bathrooms, one small vial of shampoo. Two bathrooms and not one hand basin plug!
The assigned car parking space unbelievably constrained, unable to open the car's rear doors sufficiently to unload the luggage ......don't try it with a Jaguar!
A very nice place, great location, but some attention to detail required.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback regarding the guest amenities issues and I will ensure that this area is revisited with all staff concerned. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandra Headland
The Mirage Alexandra Headland
#3 of 7 in Alexandra Headland
Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premie...
#1 of 7 in Alexandra Headland

Been to Oaks Seaforth Resort? Share your experiences!