“Pleasant stay”

Oaks Seaforth Resort
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed 3 nights in room 614 (2 bedroom ocean front) and were generally happy with the facilities. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped with crockery etc but we didn't cook so can't comment on the stove.There are great views from the large balcony with a table which seats six - great for relaxed meals. The main road is directly in front of the building so there is traffic noise which didn't concern us but may be a factor for some. The only negative aspects from our point of view were the lack of free wifi to the room and the poor choice of TV channels. 30 minutes free Wifi is available in reception and there is corded internet in the apartment (30 mins free). Having recently returned from a holiday in North Queensland where free wifi was widely available in even 2 star back packer establishments this came as a surprise.

Room Tip: If like me you love the sound of breaking waves choose an ocean front room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the apartments and the Resort facilities. I will certainly take all your comments into consideration and I thank you for them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in one of the 3 blocks of holiday units with my family. The units look relatively modern from the outside. The reception staff are friendly and courteous. There is underground security parking but the parking bays are very narrow.
My first impression of the unit: Wow, this place smells really bad. The unit smelled like it had water damage or mould... The smell was so strong it made me feel sick. By the end of the second day the smell was just bearable provided we left all the sliding doors open. There are no fly screens and the bedroom windows open widely enough to jump out (?safety regulations). The decor reminded me of what was fashionable in good standard hotels in the 1980s. Unfortunately, it looked exactly like it was 35 years old. There were other annoyances such as missing kitchen utensils.
The Seaforth has two pools. A shallow one with sand like a beach and tropical palms (nice) and a tiled deeper pool.
Unfortunately, my daughter left her swimmers in the room and a toiletries bag... We called the next morning but housekeeping couldn't find the items. Hmmm.....

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank AussieDoc4217
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am sorry that the overall standard did not meet your expectations. We are currently embarking on a refurbishment program of our rooms which will see all furniture, carpets, paint etc replaced. We are aiming to lift the overall standard by modernising these rooms and bringing them inline with the 4 star standard of Oaks vision. The new furniture we have had designed especially for this resort by interior designers. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Booked the long weekend for my partner and I in what we thought was a penthouse.Unfortunately the only thing even closely related to being a penthouse was the room was located on the top floor.

The furniture was very old and heavily warn. The carpets were in need of replacement and stained. None of the mirrors in any of the bathrooms had been cleaned and all the plugs seemed to be missing.

As a result we could not use the spa in our bathroom or the spa on the rooftop. If your planning on booking a room at the Oaks. Definately avoid the "penthouse" and book yourself the cheapest room possible.

The only difference will be the price. Even the you will still feel ripped off. Never again!!!

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Tristan J
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback regarding any cleaning issues and I will ensure that this area is revisited with all staff concerned. Whilst what happen is regrettable I trust this brought to the attention of our Resort team so we could rectify your concerns. The Resort is finalising preparations for a full make over in rooms. This will see all furniture replaced new drapes, carpets etc. The new furniture we have had designed especially for this resort by interior designers. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I am convinced that people expect too much, I read the negative reviews before booking - but the hotel and location looked perfect - so I went ahead and booked it anyway. I am so glad I did. This hotel is extremely well priced for the room and facilities and location, the room was huge, gorgeous view from the super sized balcony. The room had every thing you needed, my girls and I slept fine on the beds, the airconditioning worked fine - as did all the appliances. The furniture was a little tired and there were some marks on the carpet but personally I loved that it was lived in - when you are travelling with children it is nice to know that you do not have to panic every time a bit of food falls to the floor. Personally I expect to see some general wear and tear marks on walls and carpet when it is apartment accommodation because it is usually being used by multiple occupants who are likely to spend more time in the room then a single room at a hotel. The facilities at the Oaks Seaforth are fantastic, the girls loved the lagoon pool, I loved the sauna and the option of the quieter lap pool. The beach was across the road, the surf club with the important patrolled section of beach is only a five minute walk away. Great shops nearby, bus out the front that you can catch to the huge Maroochydore shopping centre if you want to. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Honestly it was the best value holiday and I would definitely visit again. They are currently refurbishing, hope the new carpet and furniture will be child friendly :) will no doubt find out because we will be staying here again when we next travel to the sunshine coast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the apartments and the Resort facilities. I am pleased that we could play a part in making your holiday enjoyable and memorable experience for you and your girls. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Seaforth next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We travelled with our 4 children up to the beautiful Sunny Coast. Such a beautiful spot, overlooking Alexandra Headland beach. Close to a few cafes and restaurant's. Little supermarket and Bottle Shop directly under.
We booked a 3 bedroom Apartment. My 1st impression was fabulous reception Staff, they are just lovely and so helpful.
Our Apartment was DIRTY!!! Walls where filthy and badly needing a scrub and repaint. Carpets need a proper vacuum and shampoo, they where horrid. I wouldn't even pop my bub on the floor to play. Beds where clean with crisp white sheets, kitchen was clean. Couches need new cushions as they are ripped and stained. Be warned if you stay In a "Lagoon" view apartment... you will be chewed by migies.... No flyscreens on any windows or doors. Beautiful open balcony.
If the cleanliness was majorly improved I would stay again.
The reception staff and stunning grounds and pool made it lovely, just hated going back to the room... I hate filth.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated or updated room with an Ocean View. Pool View Rooms are noisy and Lagoon V...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank liv1520
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the apartments and the facilities around the Resort. I have passed your comments onto our resort team as they work tirelessly to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. I appreciate the feedback regarding any cleaning issues and I will ensure that this area is revisited with all staff concerned. I am sorry that the overall standard did not meet your expectations. We are currently embarking on a refurbishment programme for our apartments. I will certainly take all your comments into consideration and I thank you for them.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Location was good, but our room was horrible. There was an awful wet dank smell that made spending time in apartment unbearable. The carpets and furniture were stained to the point we were hesitant to use the couches. Very disappointed

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank honkytonky55

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback regarding any cleaning issues and I will ensure that this area is revisited with all staff concerned. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Air conditioner was broken on arrival, furniture was tired and out dated, the cleanliness was bad - Suite smelt, carpet was filthy, toilet seat and toilet roll holder was broken, oven had no dials to tell you how to use it or what temperature it was on....Try cooking turkey for Christmas in a oven that that has no markings on it. Replacement air conditioner arrived on day 3 and was so loud that sleep was impossible. Very disappointed with the quality of the Oaks groups suites.

Room Tip: I am unable to help with this
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
22  Thank shane35mc

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback given and apologies for any cleaning and maintenance issues. I have addressed this area with all staff concerned. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandra Headland
Alex Seaside Resort
Alex Seaside Resort
#4 of 7 in Alexandra Headland
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premie...
#2 of 7 in Alexandra Headland
Oaks Oasis
Oaks Oasis
#2 of 16 in Caloundra
Novotel Twin Waters Resort
Novotel Twin Waters Resort
#1 of 1 in Twin Waters

Been to Oaks Seaforth Resort? Share your experiences!