“very spacious apartment”

Oaks Seaforth Resort
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Well equiped and spacious with two bathrooms, Very clean and comfortable apartment, with own underground car park. The complex is situated on the promenarde with many facilities close by. Friendly helpful staff on reception and friendly manager. Bbq. area was very clean, with at least four big units, and right by the lagoon area. Stayed for two weeks and would love go back if revisiting the area.

Room Tip: ours was on the first floor, and had a balcony big enough for a party.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobbymWirral
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the apartment and the resorts facilities. I am also pleased to see you comments on our staff as they always strive to make every guest’s stay an enjoyable and memorable one. I will pass you comments onto our staff who I'm sure will appreciate your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back at Oaks Seaforth Resort in the future.

There are newer reviews for Oaks Seaforth Resort

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent 2 nights here on the Queen's birthday long weekend. Friends had booked rooms for them and ourselves. They were staying 3 nights. Booked rooms at same time under same name and requested that they be close to each other. Apparently 1 in 1 building and the other 2 buildings away is "close to each other". Rooms came with spa bath. Theirs newly renovated and lovely. Ours shower over bath (spa bath). Unfortunately, we were unable to use spa as bath plug in room did not fit nor did any other plug in the unit. Otherwise the unit was great. Wonderful location. Close to restaurants but still quiet. Ocean views for most rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JulesD3007
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the Resort facilities. We will always endeavour to meet our guests requests and I’m sorry that due to us being heavily booked on this occasion we were unable to do so. Whilst the lack of a suitable plug for your spa is regrettable I trust that this was raised with the Reception staff or the onsite after hours caretaker all of whom could have resolved this quickly for you. Refurbishment of the apartments is currently underway and will be completed over the coming months. This will see all furniture replaced including beds which will be upgraded to King Beds and new drapes, carpets and re-painting etc. The new furniture we have had designed specifically for Seaforth Resort by interior designers. I will certainly take all your comments into consideration and I thank you for them. We hope to welcome you back at Seaforth next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as two couples in a two-bedroom, ocean view apartment. For the price, it did a really good job and view from front block 6th level was great. Furnishings were a little tired and spartan but grounds, particularly the lap pool and spa, were excellent. Jessica at reception was very responsive to our finickity requests. Upper deck on 'penthouse' should have a spa, otherwise penthouse description is very generous. Having tried a few others in Alex, we'd come back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lvfs3844

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the Resort facilities. Refurbishment of the apartments is currently underway and will be completed over the coming months. This will see all furniture replaced including beds which will be upgraded to King Beds and new drapes, carpets and re-painting etc. The new furniture we have had designed specifically for Seaforth Resort by interior designers. I will certainly take all your comments into consideration and I thank you for them. We hope to welcome you back at Seaforth next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here just for one night on a Saturday night, we booked using booking.com and the reviews there were somewhat nicer than the ones on tripadvisor.com!
The hotel was alright, but as pointed out in the reviews below it is tired and needs work, which apparently is on going. Our apartment had not seen any of this upgrade work and although adequate was, as pointed out by many, a bit tired.
We stayed in the penthouse with the rooftop spa. It was acceptable, but it definitely missed the little touches. There was no mat/towel at the balcony door which meant after you had descended the stairs from the spa there was nowhere for you to wipe your feet, meaning you traipsed dirt etc throughout the apartment. The rooftop spa was filthy! I had to clean all the dirt and insects out of it before we could use it, I understand a rooftop spa is slightly more difficult to keep clean than an inside spa, but the amount of dirt and bugs that was in the spa certainly didn't accumulate since the room was serviced that morning, it had been accumulating for a long time.
What really annoys me when we stay in chain hotels is the credit card charge when booking, if you book online you must pay with credit card, there is no other payment option, however Oaks charge you a 1.5% surcharge for the privilege. In this day and age and at such a large resort, I do not like being charged for paying with my credit card.
Another thing that annoys me, is the, 30 minutes of 'free' internet per apartment per day. You cannot tell me that resorts of this size cannot offer their guests, free of charge, internet access. I have stayed in places all over the world, sometimes in remote areas and they don't restrict your internet access. We didn't require too much internet, however the fact that we were restricted was annoying!
On a positive note, the two staff that I spoke with were friendly and helpful. Free parking is available underground which we found convenient and definitely liked. The hotel is well situated, just far enough away from the night clubs etc, but not too far that you are restricted in your night life or day time activities.
We had a nice time at Oaks, but wouldn't rush back to stay here again. I would however consider possibly re-booking here once the hotel has been refurbished, it is in desperate need of some TLC and some updating. If you had kids, this place would probably suit you just fine as most of the apartments are self contained (ours was) and there are pools etc to entertain everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz_D27

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. Refurbishment of the apartments is currently underway and will be completed over the coming months. This will see all furniture replaced including beds which will be upgraded to King Beds and new drapes, carpets and re-painting etc. The new furniture we have had designed specifically for Seaforth Resort by interior designers. I will certainly take all your comments into consideration and I thank you for them. We hope to welcome you back at Seaforth next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights over Queens Birthday long weekend. Requested a oceanview room with a corner spa bath, requests were granted and we stayed in room 616 with magnificent views of the ocean. The 1 bedroom room came with kitchen with all the necessities. We has a metal spiral stairway leading up to a private rooftop with 2 banana lounge chairs, perfect to whale watch and drink the afternoon away. The corner spa is a bit on the small side so if you are two large adults it may be a squeeze. The room itself was great. The bed is a queen size a bit hard for Australian standards but we slept well anyway. The resort has 2 pools a lap pool and a lagoon style pool for the kids. It is close to a number of restaurants no more than a 10 minutes walk, the surf club as well. The staff and check in was very professional and made us feel welcome. I would recommend this rresort

Room Tip: stay in the oceanview queen 1 bedroom units
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jodragon

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location, apartment and the Resort facilities. I am pleased that we could play a part in making your holiday an enjoyable and memorable experience for you and your family. Refurbishment of the apartments is currently underway and will be completed over the coming months. This will see all furniture replaced including beds which will be upgraded to King Beds and new drapes, carpets and re-painting etc. The new furniture we have had designed specifically for Seaforth Resort by interior designers. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Seaforth next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not many places offer a one night stay in an apartment over the weekend but we got one easily at the Oaks. It was very clean and spacious with great jacuzzi bath and secure underground parking. Can't comment on the kitchen utensils as we didn't use them. Mattress could've done with replacing maybe with a bigger one but otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 2013becca
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Oaks Seaforth Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the apartment.

The Resort is current undergoing a refurbishment full make over of all our apartments. This will see all furniture replaced including beds, new drapes, carpets etc. The new furniture we have had designed especially for this resort by interior designers. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights in 2 bedroom penthouse. Location and staff great, very friendly and helpful but the experience was let down by the decor in the unit. ( I know this is not strictly Oaks' fault as the units are owned by investors.) But...... If Oaks is to put their name on it, then they should require unit owners to lift their game and ensure the units have appropriate facilities and of a good standard.

We had a filthy dirty lounge in our unit that I would not let a dog sleep on !

Also if your going to call a unit a "penthouse" then it should be top class, not just gave a dangerous circular stairway leading up to a rooftop balcony with daggy chairs and table.

Lift your game Oaks....... Please

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view room and as high as possible to get away from street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave M
OaksSeaforth, Manager at Oaks Seaforth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Oaks Seaforth Resort. I appreciate the feedback regarding any cleaning issues and I will ensure that this area is revisited with all staff concerned.

We are currently embarking on a refurbishment program of our rooms which will see all furniture, carpets, paint etc replaced. We are aiming to lift the overall standard by modernising these rooms and bringing them inline with the 4 star standard of Oaks vision. The new furniture we have had designed especially for this resort by interior designers. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you are on the Sunshine Coast.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandra Headland
Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort
The Sebel Maroochydore
The Sebel Maroochydore
#1 of 13 in Maroochydore
Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premie...
#1 of 7 in Alexandra Headland
RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa
Oaks Oasis
Oaks Oasis
#2 of 16 in Caloundra

Been to Oaks Seaforth Resort? Share your experiences!