“Superb!!”
Review of Paras Beach Resort

Paras Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mambajao
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The staff were accomodating, we were given welcome drinks and welcome necklace. I appreciate the hospitality and customer service. The foods are soso. Our room was clean and facilities are in good condition. I love the pool and the location is just a few minutes away from the famous sandbar! I love Paras!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank derickbernardo

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Another wonderful experience in the Philippines! We stayed here for 3 days/2 nights. We were given a van for 8 hrs and a driver to tour the island and we were supposed to go to Mantigue island but the weather didn't cooperate. Paras resort gave us a credit for our meals instead which we did not expect! We also had a trip to White Island which was fantastic. We stayed in one of the cottages which was big enough to sleep 9 adults and 2 children. The service was fantastic and they delivered our food right to the porch. Prices were very good and I would highly recommend staying there

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just okay- had visiting relatives for a trip to the islands. Best highlight would be the 10 minute pump boat outrigger type to the White Island/ Sand Bar ($10 trip) The meals we had at the hotel was relatively good by island standards, not much of a choice outside the hotel. the sizzling plates were good- sizzling squid, shrimp gambas. takes 30-40 min for our dinners to be served so we just pre-ordered and meals was fine. Swimming pool was clean, the hotel staff were attentive to our needs. Halo-halo dessert was good.

Room Tip: the garden cottages were much bigger, the loft room was good for big family.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank patrickph
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel has nice amenities like billiards and swimming pool, bar and wifi in the room Also the loaf room has a great design but limited space. Bad experiences in this hotel, long cooking time for food, one of the room has a leak in the ceiling because it is raining so they need to move the bed, only one outlet in the upper portion of the loaf room. The rest we have a smooth transaction with them from reservation to check out. We also get from them the service going to White Beach which is cheaper I think from others. They not offer free service from the port going to their hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dleighcruz
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

First thing I check in a hotel is the comfort room. It did not pass my standards. The drain in the shower did not work very well. It was clean though.

Rooms were just okay. They had big beds which was nice.

Staff were okay too.

Breakfast was just plated.

Will try a different hotel when I go back to Camiguin but I probably never will return there.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank jcd17
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We checked in here June 2014 for a night.

I can say they treated us well and the previous reviews I've read telling of their bad experiences did not happen to us at all. I guess it helped we came off peak season but it didn't rain at all so that gave us more reasons why we truly enjoyed. The facilities are well maintained. We came in at night so we ordered dinner and while waiting, we played billiard and table tennis making the waiting still fun for us. The room was clean but the problem was, all of us had to share one bathroom - we were 11 persons in the room. Good thing though that they have bathrooms downstairs open to all guests.

The day after, we went to the white island or sand bar technically speaking. It was picture perfect over there! i didn't mind getting a tan after hours under the sun. We also went to the sunken cemetery and the boat men were nice enough and even volunteered to take our pictures with silly tricks :)

The accommodation and the island tour, including sunken cemetery was really affordable (even for a peso earner) considering that we came off peak season so I suggest you do the same. We didn't experience any rain when we were there so it was perfect!

I wouldn't think twice of going back there. I hope you get to experience it too and had fun like we did!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank oyemaria
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Place had amenities such as billiard tables, ping-pong, and swimming pool that my cousins did enjoy. They allowed pizza delivery from another place without corkage fee. And great location which are among the positive points about this place. Terrible service, ordered food 3hours ahead of time yet they served the food an hour later than asked them to do so. Learning from that experience with them and being considerate that they have a wedding reception going on, I gave them a second chance to prove myself wrong about terrible service from them. Having to checkout early the next day, I have ordered the food the night before, yet still food got served 45minutes later than asked them to do so(15minutes improvement , but LATE IS LATE and just show disrespect to people's time). All went ok(when I say OK, I meant tolerable) until we checked out. We booked 2 rooms with 12 twin beds each, basically 24 heads for two nights, paid over 30K for rooms and meals and white Island tour, yet they still gave us a Php700+ fine for one lost cappy towel(sand paper grade)!!! Apparently, they did housekeeping on the second day and replaced the yellow towels with white ones, and when we checked out, they claimed 1 white towel is missing. How am I supposed to track 24 yellow towels and 24 white towels and not to mention the blue towels used from the swimming pool area coming in and out of 2 rooms everyday!? heck, I'm on a vacation too and we're paying for all these! Everyone was already inside the jeep, all packed and ready to go back to Cagayan de Oro, I have no time to asked each to unpack and check if there's a towel mixed in their luggage(which there was none at all that we tried to look for later), just paid for the fine so we could take off ASAP to catch up with the lost time from not getting our food served on schedule. I don't normally complain a lot and most of the time considerate that people try to do their best to accommodate and provide service so they could feed their families, but this time, I just felt ripped off big time. By the way, you can opt to rent boats other than the ones they offer. My bad I had mistaken that all boats going to white island are owned by them since all reviews mention port at Paras Beach resort is the gateway to White island, but actually there are boats(banka) right next to the resort that offer at cheaper rates. I just dislike bad services. If you can't deliver, might as well not be in the business.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank kim h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mambajao
Camiguin Highland Resort
Camiguin Island Golden Sunset Beach Club
Caves Dive Resort
Caves Dive Resort
#6 of 8 in Mambajao

Been to Paras Beach Resort? Share your experiences!