Moskovsky Trakt Hotel
  • Breakfast included
    Svyatoy Georgy(Yaroslavl)
    Sport Hotel(Yaroslavl)
    TripAdvisor
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Deteriorated kitch - rundown, ridiculously awful and limited food, and Mosquitos buzzing in a stifully hot room. Stagnant water all around and fixtures falling from every book and cranny. Linens provided but not affixed.

• Stayed: August 2013
    Reviewed 27 June 2012

Together with a friend of mine (two young ladies), we stayed in the hotel 'Moskovskij trakt' for 3 days in June, 2012.

To begin with, the location of the hotel is very convenient and it takes about 15 minutes on foot to get there from the train station. In addition, the hotel is situated very close to historic center (7-minute walk) and the main places of interests, among which Rostov Kremlin is undoubtedly the brightest one.

As for the building itself, it is really modern. As for the room, it was ok, nothing special (we stayed in a standard twin room). We were provided with some soap, shower gel and shampoo even though it had been previously declared that the hotel doesn't provide that sort of stuff for guests.

Talking about food, we had our dinners in the hotel because walking around the town late at night seemed to be somehow dangerous. Most food served was tasty, especially pasta (I ordered fettuccine several times) yet not really cheap (compared to proces in other places). I got ill while we were staying in Rostov and I was surprised when I was told that I could buy some honey for hot tea (it wasn't on the menu). Staff was really helpful and polite.

Our only disappointement, and in our view, a serious one, was that the lady who was doing cleaning in the room didn't lock our door once. We were lucky that noone entered our room. When I made a complaint about that, we were told that the lady would be reprimanded and the apologies were brought to us. That is why if you decide to stay in the hotel, the advice would be not to leave valuables in the room (rooms don't have safes).

As for the quality of sleep, it was quiet, at least we didn't hear anything at night, we slept very well, although 2 times someone wanted to open our door. The room doesn't have air conditioning, but for us it was a good point.

On balance, even though the hotel is conveniently located and hotel staff is helpful and friendly let alone food served is nice, I wouldn'd recommend staying in this hotel as it might be dangerous to leave your belongings there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Olga K
    Reviewed 10 January 2011

I didn't know Intourist hotels still existed until I stayed at Moskovsky Trakt. It struck me as a reproduction of an American-style hotel based on photographs. The room looked like a Hilton or Marriott - two double beds, TV, dresser. But the toilet seat wasn't fully attached, the bathroom door didn't latch, and the A/C didn't work. However, the building engineer responded to our call and got the A/C working - and the other flaws were minor. TV choices were very limited, but what would you expect in the middle of nowhere?

Food was overpriced but OK. There was a wedding party the night we arrived, but the building was sufficiently sound-proof that the revelry didn't interfere with our sleep. The staff tried to be helpful - but with their limited English or French and our limited Russian, communication took a little effort. Ask for a map of Rostov Veliky at the front desk.

The hotel on the kremlin grounds was full and the Pleshanova didn't answer their phone, so we were glad to be able to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
    Reviewed 29 July 2010

I found this hotel on the internet. Although the hotel looks good on website, I have been dispappointed :
    - the hotel was almost empty in July at a time where I would have expected much more tourists,
    - staff is not welcoming,
    - only 2 channels on TV,
    - service at breakfast is horrible. For example, the waitress refused to give us hot water for tea because "she was not authorized to do so".
    However, choice in Rostov seems to be very limited.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
    Reviewed 12 September 2009

Standard Intourist hotel with a slightly nicer architecture than other Intourist hotels. Good location. Rooms are fairly basic but clean. The hotel staff is ok. Not bad for a one night stay on your Golden Ring tour.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends