“We can't rate this resort highly enough!”

Six Senses Zighy Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zighy Bay
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Just back from an absolutely brilliant ten day holiday at this resort. We can honestly say this was one of the best holidays we have ever had. The location, accomodation, service, food and atmosphere were first class. The hosts all go out of their way to make your holiday very special and this seems to be part of the Six Senses culture. Our special thanks to Isaline Goy, Julius (our butler), Lhen (restaurant), Minelli (Chill Bar) and Hansa (our housekeeper) for all their special attention and for making us feel like part of the six senses family for the duration of our stay. It is not very often that we ever consider going back to the same resort but we will definitely be back to Six Senses Zighy Bay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank heatherc027
Write a ReviewReviews (1,647)

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Zighy Bay is one of those places you read about and hope one day you can get there. I was at a chartiy ball and the person sitting next to me raved about Zighy Bay so much that already i had high expectations. They say that travelling is not about the destination, but the journey and that is certainly true of Zighy Bay. Landing at Dubai and travelling across the sand landscape hardly prepares you for crossing the border and entering a Star Wars style landscape. You wind up and up into the mountains and cross down on the other side. We arrived at night and could see the twinkling stars of our home for the next 24hrs! (yes thats it all it was sadly!). The team were all lined out front to greet us and even though the restaurant should have been shut, they kept it open for us. Our villa was everything you would expect from Six Senses - it brings home the seventh sense..that of responsible tourism. You feel proud to be putting your hard earned dollars into the hands of a company that truly cares about the environment and the people that work and live in it. Its the perfect sanctuary, with large grounds and gates that open up onto sand and you are just 16 paces from the sea. Peace, serenity and luxury envelopes you from the moment you arrive. Cant recommend it enough.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lawsonsview
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed at Zighy Bay for only one night. After this teaser, I'm already planning my second visit.

This property is an example of getting everything right. I was in a pool villa and all the little touches made for an extremely enjoyble stay. The private pool was cool and refreshing. Everything is simple and tasteful. Nothing is overdone yet even the simple things like lightshades, cushions, mirrors and doors, all followed a very natural and inspiring theme.

The menu selection is great and most items on the menu were very good. We participated in the paragliding which proved to be great fun. The spa was amazing and had beautiful decor again.

I can't wait to go back, this time I'll be bringing a group of friends with me to maximise everything this resort has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This hotel is one of the best luxury hotel's I've stayed at.

There is a lot of attention to detail in the way the rooms are set up and the structure of the service provided by the resort.

The private villas allow you to enjoy the peace and tranquility of Zighy Bay and my friends and I had an exceptional time doing very little other than laying by the pool.

The restuarant is very good and has excellent food options. Breakfast is one of the best I have seen in the peninsula and I'd go as far as saying better than the breakfasts I've had in Dubai.

The people working here are kind, friendly and attentive. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are genuinely interested in their work. There are few places where I have seen people as dedicated to exceptional service than here.

I would go back again and again..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank citisurfer
Reviewed 3 June 2011

You know you are in for a good stay when the resort changes the time (vis-a-vis the official country time) at the resort so that you can have more waking hours and enjoy the sunrise and sunset - Zighy Time. You also know you are in for something special when you are given a choice as to how to arrive - speed boat, 4 wheel drive over the mountain or via para gliding - - great way to start.

This is a great little oasis amidst the rugged mountains of Oman. The beach is great, the food was very good and the rooms were typical Six Senses - designed so that you don't want to leave them very much.

I think the service still needs some work in a variety of areas (virtually none at the pool or beach during our stay) but once you get it, they are quite nice and attentive. They also make a good attempt to have a kids club with a lot of activities and good staff. We loved the tennis, the boat rides, kids activities and other activities at the resort.

The food was a bit pricey but quite good and given the remote location, it is well worth it.
The fact that the resort changes the time to Zighy Time actually works really well, especially if you are taking a later flight out of Dubai so a pretty cool cocept.

Overally, I felt like this was one of their Soneva properties as it was so nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Jbshkg
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We recently moved to Dubai from the UK and were keen to explore the region. Most of my friends here kept on recommending that we try Six Senses Zighy Bay but I was reluctant to do so as I was underwhelmed and frankly almost put off by the website which is somewhat uninspiring, especially given the high prices. Well, I am delighted to say that our 4 days staying at a 2 bedroom suite were absolutely delightful. The food was excellent, the staff very friendly and efficient, the spa excellent and the whole experience deeply relaxing. The rooms were very comfortable and much nicer in the flesh than as illustrated on their website. My wife unfortunately was suffering from terrible back pain and as soon as we alerted the general manager, Godfrey, he sent for painkillers, had her examined by the nurse and recommended a certain massage therapy which I believe was the Thai herbal massage. The above somehow solved the problem within 24 hrs and we spent the most relaxing of weekends. My daughter was also enchanted with the place, especially the morning visit to the resort's organic garden & the feeding of the goats which she enjoyed enormously. Special mention to Godfrey who runs an incredibly efficient ship and makes sure that you have a great time cost what may. The resort is expensive but the overall quality of accomodation, service, facilities and food is so high that we actually felt that it was quite good value. We are in the process of arranging our next trip in early October and plan to take a large group of friends with us. We should really be exploring other hotels but Zighy Bay is just so good that we don't want to go anywhere else. Enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nickissimo
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We got a beach villa with pool and spa

The resort is the best place to reboot and revitaise you energy to get back to the real word.

The spa is unbeatable

The food makes you want to forget any diet you are on

Again Uncomparable to any resort the most original in every sense

• Stayed: June 2011
Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort
Muscat Dunes Hotel
Muscat Dunes Hotel
#35 of 63 in Muscat

Been to Six Senses Zighy Bay? Share your experiences!