“Best place I have ever been, I will definitely be...”
Morning coffee on the deck
Steps up to the Beach House from your secluded beach View of the Beach House from the blue lagoon
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Steps up to the Beach House from your secluded beach
View of the Beach House from the blue lagoon
Your location - Fofoa Island, Vava'u Islands, Kingdom of Tonga
Natural beauty in the details
Bamboo clad bathroom
fully equipped kitchen
Outside dining
Your boat Lavinuella
view from the deck
Join us swimming with humpback whales
your beach
Kid friendly/family fun
Fruit basket from the organic garden
View from your deck
The view from the master bedroom
village of Hunga
Swimming with humpback whale calf
Onsite Massage
Kitesurfing on the lagoon
Fresh fish for dinner
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Grant H
Bakersfield, California
“Best place I have ever been, I will definitely be back!”
Reviewed 30 May 2015 for a stay in March 2015

There is nothing else to say, this place is absolutely amazing! The beach house is a wonderful place to stay because the location is perfect and the house is breathtaking.

First lets start with Fofoa Island. The island is beautiful and it has many good beaches and plenty of places to explore, not to mention great snorkeling all around and gorgeous views wherever you look.

The beach house is the best place I have ever stayed. It is cozy, comfortable and has the best view in the world! From your own private deck you can enjoy the blue lagoon any time of day and words cannot describe the beauty. It is perfect for enjoying a good book or just relaxing and enjoying the great view, either way it never gets old. You also have your own private beach with the whitest softest sand in the world. The house itself is something you need to see to believe, the craftsmanship and design is second to none and you can tell right away that it is nothing short of magnificent. I have been all over the world and this place is definitely my favorite and I will keep coming back!

To save the best for last, no doubt, is the host family. Karyn, Boris, Felix, and Luca were not only great hosts but they turned out to be great friends as well. They are very knowledgeable and whatever you want to explore they are their to help out, and they are fun to hang out with as well. Whatever they told me I should check out I did, and I was not once disappointed.

Trip of a lifetime, everyone needs this experience at least once in their life, no question.

Travelling group: Solo
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
31 May 2015
Thanks Grant for such a glowing review! We really enjoyed having you here to stay and the boys loved being your island guides. We're looking forward to having you and your family back here soon.
Kate W
Neiafu
“Wish I was still out there.”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We stayed at The Beach House for a week with our family (six adults and a toddler in total) and I can honestly say that it was one of the most beautiful and relaxing weeks that have had. We traveled from the UK for a three week holiday and chose The Beach House for our island resort experience to celebrate a 70th birthday. Karyn and Boris went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and at home. They really pulled out all of the stops for the birthday celebration, creating a lobster and seafood banquet fit for kings and giving us sky lanterns to release - a truly magical experience.

As there were so many of us, we used both The Beach House and the larger Happy 'Api house which was perfect for our family. Sitting on that balcony at The Beach House with a cold glass of wine, enjoying the sunsets was something to look forward to every day, as were the green flashes - we actually saw one on our first night!!

As the other reviews say, this is one of the most beautiful spots in the South Pacific and The Beach House really is a work of art. We can't wait to come back!

Thank you Karyn, Boris, Luca and Felix for a wonderful stay - and Lulu (the dog) for being very patient with a curious 18 month old toddler!

Ali_Boswi...
Nelson, New Zealand
“If you can only visit one place in the world make it The Beach House, Tonga.”
Reviewed 11 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

The Beach House in Vava'u Tonga is one of the most wonderful places that we have ever stayed. The luxury of the accommodation is all the more special given the remoteness of the location perched on the edge of a beautiful South Pacific lagoon. Coming in the 'off season' (i.e. no whales cruising past) was ideal for us as it gave us much needed peace and quiet. Having said that the guided snorkel tour was a treat - if you have never seen a sea hare then you really have never lived. The tropical breakfasts with mango, papaya and banana from the garden were delicious, made all the more special as we watched the sea turtles from the balcony. No apologies if this all sounds a bit effusive - it is hard to describe the Beach House in Fofoa without getting a tad excited.

Liked best: The environment
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Susie M
“Relaxing and inspiring”
Reviewed 22 October 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I'd done extensive research before coming to The Beach House so was expecting a stunning location, but nothing prepared me for the real thing. The setting of this place is utterly sublime and oozes every paradise cliché going. Its amazing to have such clear azure seas, a gorgeous personal beach to enjoy and so much to do. We really enjoyed just relaxing on the deck, never getting tired of the stunning views and watching the sea life below, or playing on 'our' beach but when we did want to do more there were always options and Karyn and Boris were great at suggesting suitable days out for the family. I was able to follow my passion of spear fishing - Boris knew all the great spots to visit - and we were lucky enough to return home with a Dog Toothed Tuna! (deliciously cooked later on). Our best days however were out in the big sea swimming with whales. Again I'd done my research and booking with these guys seemed good as they always stuck to a max of 4 on the boat and the water (ensuring we were in the water at every opportunity) and I liked the fact they made a donation to Sea Shepherd. I'm so glad we booked 2 days out whale swimming as they were both completely different experiences. The first day we found a male singer and were in the water watching him and listening to his incredible song, and the second day we were lucky enough to get in with a mother and calf. It was such a huge and humbling experience and so much more than I'd ever imagined. We all felt very safe under Karyn's guidance for this unforgettable experience.
The house itself is a pleasure to be in, well equipped, super comfy beds, and wonderful sea views from the showers. The food was consistently delicious and well presented and we were always impressed with their creativity in cooking up gorgeous dishes from what appeared, in the local shops, to be very limited supplies. I'm so glad we went for the fully catered option as it certainly made this dream holiday even more of a relaxing treat.
There are so many happy memories that we treasure, watching turtles from the deck, swimming under stunning stars, being in the water so close to whales, but mostly we come away with a sense of calm and inspiration from being in this special place so far removed from our usual hectic life.

susiem141

Libby D
Brisbane
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 15 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

The Beach House is the most incredible holiday destination.
My family has just returned from a week of absolute bliss and I am still buzzing with excitement from it!!

We went to realize my life long dream to swim with humpback whales and discovered that Tonga and The Beach House has SO much more to offer. Even if whales are not your main focus,The Beach House offers an idyllic tropical island experience.
Arriving at the Blue Lagoon, I was mesmerized by the clarity of the water and the picture postcard perfection of Fofoa Island.

Our hosts Boris and Karyn were incredibly helpful and welcoming.
They are fantastic hosts and made our stay feel so special.
We really felt like we were with old friends for the week as Boris and Karyn were so relaxed and genuine. They set the itinerary according to whatever we wanted to see or do.

Initially the whales, were a little reluctant to play, so allow yourself enough time for a few days of whale swimming as well as time to explore the lagoon and nearby islands.

I would highly recommend getting Boris and Karyn to provide the meals rather than self catering. After a day of playing with whales, fishing or exploring, to sit on the deck with a drink, watching the sunset, and have beautiful food provided is very hard to beat!

I would also recommend attending a church service in Hunga on Sunday morning.
Boris took us by boat and we were able to experience the incredible singing and meet some lovely locals.

The house is very comfortable, well equipped and stylishly finished.
The views from every room are nothing short of spectacular.
There are thoughtful touches such books on Tongan culture, board games and binoculars.
Having your own private beach is also pretty amazing.

The Beach House is a truly special place and we had the holiday of a lifetime here.
Thanks again to Karyn and Boris.

Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: Leaving
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Petersole...
Kungälv
“The place on earth to find perspectives and new values in live”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 for a stay in November 2013

Can words describe our time on Fofo'a? Well, I’m not sure but will give it a try. What a fantastic time we had! Stayed 2 weeks on this lovely unexplored island and absolutely had the time of our life. So relaxing with no Internet connection, no mobile phones etc, just had to take care of ourselves and each other.
Staying with our magnificent hosts Boris and Karyn and their three marvellous boys was nothing else but paradise. We had the possibilities to go fishing (even if we didn’t get the Marlin all the way into the boat), whale watching seeing and mother and it’s calf and do some really really great snorkelling. What stunning water! Kayaking between white beaches, morning and evening swims on our own private beach, well this is what you need for at totally relaxing holiday. And so many good laughs we had together with our hosts! They really know how to take care of their guests.
We stayed in a beautiful beach house situated on a cliff above the water and the beach with two adorable bedrooms and a combined kitchen/living room in between. But really, most time was spent on the terrace that overlooks the lagoon and in the evenings we could watch the sun quickly disappear into the water.
Top rank from us! ☺

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hospitality of our host and the beautiful view from the terrace
Travelling group: Med partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;