“Great and friendly staff, Mehmet was always smiling and really helpful.”

Karadut Pansiyon Nemrut
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kahta
Montreal, Canada
“Great and friendly staff, Mehmet was always smiling and really helpful.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I arrived in Karadut exhausted from taking the public transportation (they don't make it easy for you to get to Karadut) and this place was a small piece of heaven. Mehmet and the rest of the staff are great. The food is awesome. And the value is unbelievable. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

After arriving in Kahta and being told Mt Nemrut is closed (it wasn't), the roads to Karadut are closed (they certainly weren't) and there were no tours to any local sights (yet another lie) by a variety of people from bus operators to tourism agencies to hotel staff (wanting to keep unaware tourists spending money in Kahta), I found this place online and within 30 minutes of chatting with Osman via email (karadutpansiyon@hotmail.com) I had all the information I needed to get to Karadut and a pickup from where the dolmus dropped me. The food (dinner / breakfast) is home grown and home cooked, Osman and his father have good english and are very helpful with information, the rooms are simple but clean and comfortable (only minor concern was my bathroom had no shower receptacle so water went everywhere, and curiously it had a power point next to the shower head!?). Its a little bit more expensive because youre in the middle of the country, but I would definately recommend the place and would stay again!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Zryn
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed one night in May 2013. We were the only guests at that time. To reiterate the other reviews, the place is basic but clean, the hosts are friendly and the food really tasty. There is not much choice around here and this pansiyon is convenient for the sunset mountain climb, although we were a little late as we had to find our host and wake him up. The village is interesting to walk around in the evening. We were picked up from Narince (closer than Kahta) and all the prices were agreed by email a couple of weeks prior to arriving, including free transportation to and from Narince. However, the host was hesitant to leave in the morning and when he was ready, the public transport minivan had long gone. He then told us that we had to pay for the lift back to Narince - and that we could not negotiate as there was no other choice. And, yes, he did give us a small statue to try to soften us up, but it is not something that we wanted. The overall price was still reasonable and had this been an up-front cost we would have thought nothing of it. Unfortunately, this sort of game leaves a sour taste and detracts from what was a great stay, even if we were not really surprised based on prior reviews.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TanRej
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 October 2013

spacious room, not expansive, basic. Friendly staff. Simple meal, but nutritious and there is no alternative around. Just eat what they cook, you will be ok. There was hot water in the shower. And it is pretty close to Nemrut. They offer to being you there for the sunset or evening shift, but if you have your own transport, I would definitely go there during the day to avoid the crowds. We did and it was great. Stayed to nights to avoid any hliday stress, but it is not the place to spend more time.
If I would go back, I might want to check out an other place close to Nemrut. But it is definitely a great alternative to the stressed tours from kahta or Adiyaman.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GasterNL
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

From the initial time I booked a room, the service at Karadut was perfect. They called to make sure I was coming, where to meet me and other details. A driver picked me up in Kahta, the nearest town and drove me the 35 or so minutes to the pension. Upon arriving, my room was very nice. It was large with a clean bathroom and comfortable large bed. There were two other people staying and we were fed an incredible dinner of soup, salad, meat dish with sides, and fresh fruit for dessert. Yummy! I chose the Nemrut sunrise tour so I was told to be downstairs and ready at 5am. To get to the main gate was about 20 minutes and I was on time for the epic sunrise. After returning to the pension, we were given breakfast, time to relax and then driven to the ferry boat that goes across Ataturk dam.
Overall, my stay was comfortable, hospitable and very very nice. The only problem I had was my bill at the end. I knew the price of my room, Nemrut tour and food but I was not aware that it cost 70tl to pick me up from Kahta and another 25tl to take me to the ferry. Had I known I would have taken the 5tl minibus. Guests should ask before pickup the price of transportation. To be fair, I was given a cute little Nemrut statue because they could tell I was a little upset about my bill. I would recommend this place again but I will tell future travelers about the cost and maybe suggest public transport.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank katjriley
Malua Bay, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at this place and it was very relaxing, it is really very quiet and peaceful.
The beds were comfortable, the shower scorching hot as we couldn't get the balance right no matter how we tried! The owner was very helpful as was his son who cooked for us. We stayed there 3 nights and each night we got something different to eat.
If you are looking for a good nights sleep, close to Nemrut then I would recommend this place for value and closeness .
If the owner says he will pick you up from the bus station he will!!!! Do not believe anyone in Kahta, we got put off the bus at a different spot , across from another hotel who then supposedly rang the owner of the pansyion and he said he was too busy to pick us up! It was a scam of course and when we rang Bayran our selves he said he had been looking for us all morning.. Promptly booked out of Kommagene Hotel and happily went to our hotel.. Be careful in Kahta

Room Tip: We stayed up stirs and the view from our window in the morning light magic
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hicksylou
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

This review is about our experience staying here in our camper van. The picture shown is Karadut Pension as a previous reviewer has suggested it isn't. This place is not The Ritz but then it doesn't set itself up to be or charge unreasonably. It is a simple place in the mountains about 12 km from the car park below Nemrut Dagi. The view from the grounds over the valley below is lovely and there are outside places to sit. There are several outside Turkish toilets and one shower which is solar heated. If you want a hot shower and it has been sunny, best time is early afternoon as later in the day and the water gets too hot. In the morning the water will of course be cold. The water has to run for quite a while before the hot water reaches the shower and if there are a lot of people trying to shower then somebody will miss out! The facilities by my standards are fine. Clean and working. Other pluses are that there is excellent free WiFi and the dining room conservatory can be used at anytime to sit in. Excellent Effes pilsner beer chilled is available and was very welcome. The site was clean and attractive. There is also a washing machine. We were made very welcome and although we only had one meal, 3 course dinner, we were given little gifts of fruit and fresh bread and tea without charge. The cost per night for camping our van with two persons was 10TL. Our dinners were 15TL each and the beers, 440 ml were 4TL each. Everybody was polite and friendly to us. My only suggestions to improve the camping would be outside sinks for washing dishes and clothes. Westerners always place greatest importance on how sparkling the porcelain is! Non westerners believe the most important thing is a friendly welcome and you are sure to want something to eat. Therefore if Karadut Pension could make a few simple changes a good campsite could be even better.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahta
Euphrat Hotel
#1 of 5 in Adiyaman
Cesme Pansiyon
Cesme Pansiyon
#2 of 2 in Kahta

Been to Karadut Pansiyon Nemrut? Share your experiences!