Kirkinca Hotel
Ephesus Hillside(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Nur Pension(Selcuk)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms are cleanvisit this placestaff are very friendly and helpfulvillageephesuscomfort
Reviewed 23 September 2012

When we were visiting Sirince, I was compelled to peek into this magical little place on one of the winding cobblestone streets as we climbed uphill. The owner was nice enough to show us a room...which looked very comfortable, with its own bath. There were lots of people eating lunch on the terrace in back...which also was very appealing. There are only a few rooms, but i made a note to remember this place for when I return....and I most definitely will be going back to Sirince!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
kirkinca, Yönetici at Kirkinca Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear MilkmaidTS,

Thanks for such a nice review . We really appreciate it . We are looking forward to seeing you again .

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I was staying in Kusadasi for 3 months and have been going to Turkey for 10 years but I have to say one of my best days ever was spent in Sirince and we stayed in this hotel. Myself and my boyfriend went to sirince for 1 night and ended up staying here. We couldnt of been happier with the hotel or room, the staff everything. As soon as we got there we were shown 3 rooms which we could stay in. All as nice and unique as each other. The staff couldnt of been more friendly and helpful. As soon as we got here we felt we were nearly on honeymoon! The turkish breakfast we got in the morning was wonderful. I would highly recommend staying here, we can't wait to go back again and if ever im staying in Sirince this is where i will be staying. I would say when we were there it seemed to be all couples but that might of just been our day but I think it is a perfect place for couples. The price I feel was fair enough, its not something you would do everyday but it was reasonable for the occasion and was well worth it! We cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: The top room with the Jacuzzai !
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Caroline C ,

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Kircinka is a lovely boutique hotel situated on a winding cobble stoned road near the top of Sirince Village. The rooms are small (there were 3 of us sharing) but trust me, in a village as picturesque as this one you wont spend much time indoors! The Turkish breakfast is wonderful and the terrace where you enjoy it has the most magnificent view of the village. Our host, Mustafa was most accommodating and couldn't be more helpful or welcoming. He walked us around the village, organised us a lift to their swimming pool a few km's away, and accommodated us in their other hotel in the centre of the village when we needed to stay an extra night. He went out of his way to organise us a taxi to Sirince late at night too. This type of service is rare in an industry as big as this. We were very impressed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Katherine B ,

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I loved this quirky little hotel as soon as I arrived. It is based on a series of rooms which are arranged higgledy-pigglely on quite a steep site in Sirince, a small town near Selcuk in Turkey. The rooms are unique and far from the homogenised, air-conditioned places some travellers might prefer - so if you are looking for standardised accommodation, go somewhere else as this won't be for you.

But it is truly splendid. The rooms are large and furnished in quite an old-fashioned domestic style.The beds are large and very comfortable and there are various artisan touches [such as blinds in the windows]. The bathrooms are great but owe far more to their Turkish heritage than standard hotels - there's any amount of hot water and good quality toiletries.

Breakfast is on a small roof terrace. It is generous and, again, showcases local, rather than international, food. The Turkish black tea is wonderful. There is no dinner menur but the staff are happy to take your oder round the corner and bring a restaurant meal back to you so you can enjoy the scented night air and deep balck skies on the terrace.

The staff were lovely and very helpful.

I will be more than happy to visit again and intend to do so next year.

I found it one of the most magical places I have ever stayed - so much so that I wonder why I am recommending it so highly, I want to keep it for myself!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Lesley M ,

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We booked here, having read other reviews, and our first impressions were good, but ultimately we were quite disappointed.

Having arrived at the hotel ( which is a feat in itself as sirince has many narrow cobbled streets), we were told we were staying in a different venue. So we moved. Our room was quaint which can be enjoyable but here was challenging. My wife cut her leg three times on the edge of the bed, I received a large splinter in my hand just opening the door, the only power outlet to charge anything was in the bathroom as there were none in the bedroom and the cotton blanket didn't even reach the sides of the bed. The cupboard to hang clothes was dirty and there was no where to unpack anything The room had no key for the first few hours as noone was sure what had happened to it. there is no tv in the room and the external noise from everywhere - the courtyard , the neighboring restaurant and the hallway was quite intrusive.

The owner Suleyman was very helpful, the bathroom was pleasant wa Turkish type basin and hand shower and the courtyard area a lovely place to sit, but the negatives out weighed the positives. It has potential but it was just disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Rod4178,

Thanks for the review also your kind and nice suggestions for our hotel and sorry about the amateur staff we worked in the past. We improved our service ,rooms and management since then .We are looking forward to seeing you again .