Terrace Houses Sirince
Doga Pension(Sirince)
  • Room Service
All reviewsfig housewonderful hoststurkeyown homewashing machinesmall villagedelicious breakfastspent two nightsfruit winescharlotteomeromarcottageephesustownhillistanbul
Reviewed 16 August 2014

It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to find two more gracious and helpful hosts than Charlotte and Omer. We loved our three-night stay in the Olive House so much that we are already actively scheming to see if we can return for a full week next March. Charlotte's cuisine was superb (and abundant!), the view from the house was simply stunning, and the Olive House (and Sirince itself) was a refreshing oasis after a day of (very hot!) sight-seeing. Both Charlotte and Omer are full of helpful hints and contacts to assist you in visiting the ruins in Ephesus and other nearby areas, as well as shops and restaurants in Sirince and Selchuk, and the driver they arranged to pick us up at the airport in Izmir as well as the all-day guide to take us to the ruins were both top-notch. The Olive House itself exceeded our already high expectations and turned out to be a perfect fit for our family of three. Perhaps the only quibble would be that the small room could really do with its own AC for the hot summer months (there is AC in the larger room that did a good job of cooling us down after a day of hot temperatures). In conclusion, my wife, daughter and I all agreed that our stay at the Olive House was the best stay of our entire four week trip to Turkey and Italy, which should tell you all you need to know if you are considering a booking. Thanks again, Charlotte and Omer, for a terrific three days, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rogue_hiker
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Anne and Michael had a really lovely time with Charlotte and her husband. Charlotte was a beautiful cook and we were treated warmly and felt incredibly welcome and helped. They gave us lots of good advice about the sites and spoke knowledgeably about the local history. Anne couldn't help but give Charlotte a kiss when leaving as she felt like such a dear friend by then.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Olive house for 3 days (wish we could have stayed longer!!). Charlotte and Omer were sooo nice and very good hosts. The dinner on the terrace was excellent. I would highly recommend it. The sunset is marvelous from there. Omer and Charlotte also helped us find places to go visit. The breakfast was excellent too. The location was very convenient. The house is an old house that has been fixed up very beautifully by hosts. The bathroom was nice except that the water in the shower would change temperature frequently. My room was a little too small but nice. The bigger room had a silent AC that cooled the room pretty quick. The other room was smaller and had 2 small fans. AC would be nice for hot summer days. Thank you Charlotte and Omer for a wonderful stay!! I would return back any day :)

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are like us and you do not want to stay in a trendy hotel in the city, then this is the place for you. We were so happy that we did not stay in Selcuk. Sirince is a quaint village with narrow cobblestone streets, market, beautiful views, and history. Omer and Charlotte were gracious, professional, and helpful. They provided us a late snack since our flight was delayed by 3 hours, delicious meals which were served on the terrace with a view of the village. Omer gave us wonderful suggestions including finding us a private tour guide who was knowledgeable, spoke four languages including excellent English, and Omer sent us to the Magnesia Ruins where we were the only ones there; suggested a fabulous Karine restaurant for one of the best seafood meals we have had; and also suggested a great location for a dip in the Aegean Sea.
Our cottage was small but it had all the amenities we needed for the two of us. They have restored these cottages with love and care for detail.
Thank you both for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The drive from Selcuk to Sirince is a little nerve wracking especially at night because Sirince is located up in the hills and the road is narrow and has tight switchbacks.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Charlotte and Omer own four small cottages at the top of a hill overlooking a really pretty valley which is the village of Sirince. The village is really pretty - cobbledy streets, a church, and a market full of everything you'd expect at reasonable prices and very un-pushy market-stall owners. The cottages themselves have been lovingly restored and filled with odd treasures sourced from antique markets around Turkey (I assume). My bed was amazingly comfortable and so were the sheets! There are a number of private terraces (mine was perfectly shaded) and there is a shared terrace where I had breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was yummy (standard Turkish fare: olives, bread, tomatoes, some fruit, jams) and Charlotte made delicious dinner. Omer and Charlotte are brilliant hosts - made me feel totally at home and at ease. (Plus Charlotte has an excellent collection of books!). I was already thinking about when I could return before I'd slept one night in my cottage! All in all, a very mellow and peaceful place to holiday. Teeny tiny downside is no swimming pool -but it's close to a really pretty and empty beach so I didn't mind at all.

Room Tip: I think all the cottages face the sun and you can't beat the view from the terraces.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo