Paradise Found Educational Farm Park
Open today: 10:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Customer service needs improvement

Yes, as other reviewers mentioned, we did get get told off for bringing our own snacks. Having... read more

Reviewed 22 December 2021
Nick26654
via mobile
very disppointing - rude staff

very disappointing, most of the paddocks were empty, the website mentions lots of different animals... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Sylvia C

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2022 via mobile

Went here with my husband and son on Bank Holiday Monday. There were not as many animals as our previous visits and I saw 4 animals that didn't look in great shape. Two sheep which had over grown hooves that were just lying down and another one that was matted and looked very sore near the back end and a donkey that needed a good groom. I saw no water in the enclosures and food containers with rusty holes in them. However they did have a small petting farm bit on which was great, where you could handle rabbits and guinea pigs, but it seemed like all the emphasis was on this experience and the rest had been forgotten.

We ordered food in the cafe and chased our hot food order when tables were getting served that had ordered after us. We had two members of staff seperatley blame us as they had apparently tried to bring the food out to us 3 times and had shouted our order. I advised them I had not moved from the table and hadn't heard them call our food (we were sat at the far back under the noisy soft play) and they had a go at me. First member of staff decided to argue with me across another family's table, which I found very embarrassing, I even turned bright red. Telling me that everyone else had heard him call the food and that he has been trying to keep our food warm, he was obviously annoyed with me. The second member of staff brought our food out to us and told me it was because I wasn't at the table when they brought the food out. I again advised I had been sat there since paying and had not moved. No apology, just a put the blame on the customer, lie to the customer and take no responsibility. I would recommend either having table numbers on the tables or giving the customers a number to put on there tables when ordering food, rather than just standing at the entrance to the seating area and shouting and then reprimanding the customer in front of other customers. I would also recommend some customer service training, I have never been made to feel so belittled and berated. I know that the customer is not always right but to be told off for not hearing them when they had not used any iniative to try and locate us is shocking.

They have just lost a previous repeat customer, not just for the lack of customer empathy and service but also because I don't want to support a business where I feel the animals need a higher level of care.

Also a side note; I have previously spoken to the manager in autumn last year over the phone in regards to a party booking and was surprised when she said she couldn't take the booking because she didn't have the staff. Stating that she has problem recruiting because people start with her and then leave because they are lazy and don't know what hard work is. If my experience today is anything to go off then I am not surprised that staff don't stick around. I would hate to think how staff are treated when customers are told off publicly.

Date of experience: August 2022
2  Thank StephM01
Reviewed 22 August 2022

this place is great for the kids and the animals are friendly and well looked after.

soft play inside is great for the kids too, i love having this place in my village.

Date of experience: July 2022
Reviewed 18 August 2022 via mobile

Very disappointed. I came here for a child's birthday party and thought it was OK as it was not far from me.
I referred 2 of my friends and we all came her again. We did spend quite abit - entry/softplay/ farmfood/ cafe/ £1machines. I did feel there were some looks at one of my friends who was dressed in Muslim atire. Also when she was trying to find out about the menu I felt the staff got annoyed.

I then referred my mum and brother who said they had the worst experience ever today. You ruined their time with their grandson and denied my son of eating. They were even willing to buy something from the cafe before your outburst infant of others.

I will not be referring anyone else or returning here again. Your service should be consistent with all people of colour at anytime and anyday. All I can think of is racism exists here with the staff.

Softplay - pay extra and only for a limited time

Cafe - not much choice but OK for kids. Not expensive. Not allowed to bring your own food but if you buy something from the place I think you should be entitled to eat your own stuff too.

Farm - goats are most excitable. Nice to feed them. No petting allowed anymore which is shame.

I think you need to work on your customer service and not scare people off. It should be a happy experience especially for kids.

I feel very let down at how you treated my family today. I was even thinking of hiring one day for a party but I won't be.

Date of experience: July 2022
4  Thank xangel01x
Reviewed 18 August 2022 via mobile

A farm that lacks any customer service, friendliness and respect to its customers/visitors. ‘No picnics allowed’ is the only sign visible to visitors. To the majority of people, I’m certain picnics refer to a meal eaten OUTSIDE in nice weather.

Anyway when we finished our walk around the farm (which needs better signage) we went inside to where the soft play/restaurant area was. This was after my child had played outside where ok, we didn’t open his packed lunch because no picnics are allowed (again, poor signage/visibility).

My child is hungry and naturally we give him his packed lunch, before he heads to the soft play. This lady at the till who works there, comes marching over and in front of my child shouts ‘YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT THAT HERE, I’VE ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT BEFORE’.

This is in front of me, my mum and my child. It was rude and disrespectful. She had a cheek to say there’s enough signs which is laughable. It was upsetting not for me and my mum but also my child who didn’t touch his food afterwards and didn’t go onto the soft play even though we had paid for that.

Who in their right mind shouts in front of a child at any point?? Especially a farm for children. Stopping a child eating food just because you want us to purchase from you? It’s a disgrace but if that’s the rule there, I won’t be visiting again.

You need better signs and explanations of your rules and expectations. More importantly, learn to speak politely and kindly to visitors and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but also to children.

If you want to go to a better farm please visit GORSE HILL CITY FARM or STONEHURST FARM in Leicestershire. Better farms, kinder workers and children enjoy it more.

Date of experience: August 2022
4  Thank ridyoso
Reviewed 21 April 2022

I wouldn't recommend this place at all which is such a shame as we literally live 5 minutes away.
I have been 2 times before today's visit and was not impressed those times either. However as it was a lovely day today I thought I'd give it one last try to see if it could redeem itself- safe to say it hasnt.
A few points to make;

- The signage around the place is terrible, it could be worded in a much friendlier manner, everywhere you look theres signs to say 'NO PICNICS' 'NO ENTRY' 'PAY HERE'. It isn't very welcoming upon first impression. It would be much nicer to have a welcoming sign, directing you which way to pay and perhaps a few rules and regulations (if that's what you want to do!)

-Secondly, the food. Now we didn't have food, I made sure I fed my kids before we came as i had heard of this 'no picnic' rule before. Which is a ridiculous rule, almost every farm park i have been too allows you to hava a picnic. Anyway, it is what it is but if your going to do this please dont sell things like 'mamia' yogurts and snacks. It would be nice to see some properly branded items on offer if you insist we have to eat there.

-The animals. They look miserable. And the variety is terrible. Also nothing to say anything about them; names/ what they are/ where they come from/ what they like to eat. Just scruffy looking animals in their fields/pens. I actually felt really sorry for them.
One animal in particular, couldn't tell you what it was all I could see was its white head, lonely in the field, sat in unmowed grass. The fence surrounding it was tall mental fencing you would expect to see on building sites!

-The park consisted of two slides, both of which looked like they had been purchased from the argos catalogue. The rest of the equipment is rickety and unsafe looking. Again, unmowed grass and two old, wobbly benches, not ideal.

-Old children's wellies nailed to the fence with dead flowers in...what is that about??

-I thought there would be lots of baby animals given the time of year but there was ONLY one lamb. No chickens, no horses, no pigs.

I feel like I could go on....but for £16 for me and my two small children there are so many nicer farms to go to. Don't waste your time with this one, it needs a lot of love and TLC.

Date of experience: April 2022